cali connection orig sour diesel grow.....

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Haggardass

Haggardass

.....worth every penny,,, I don't grow without it,,,the first time I used it I couldn't believe it, 3 days after using it the smell was stronger and the buds went from ok to sparkling in the light and stuck to my fingers.....the dried product was much better also.....and I'm not a nutrient person, I've tried everything and now as you see I just use a good soil mix and water......and always the grand finale......
Awesome, I wanna do some looking around for prices on this stuff maybe give it a shot next run.

Haggardass

Haggardass

Day 49.......(1st day of week 8) I gave her a good flush today and a feeding of floralicious + & grand finale. I also gave her some sulfur....she kicked up growth around day 45 and is filling great...I can see some swelling of calyx at the base of the buds which is when I start to give any late flower booster/ finisher and from here on out its just water till day 70....the smell is amazing, it kinda lost the lemon scent and now just smells like sour motor oil and kerosene......View attachment 339514View attachment 339515View attachment 339516View attachment 339517View attachment 339518View attachment 339519View attachment 339520
You have some towers in there man

Max Frost

Max Frost

I'd like to give the Grande Finale a shot. I have just up-potted two Orange OGK x Pineapple clones and am vegging to flip them. They have been treated identically and look like twins at this point. I think I'll run one of them as usual, and add the Grande Finale to the other. That should give me a pretty good idea of the difference it makes.

I use the Fox Farms nute line (liquids & solubles...EXCEPT Cha-ching). I also use Liquid Karma with every watering until flush. (Love the stuff)! I have just began working with organic compost teas, and hope to get into using them to feed as well as innoculating benes. How would you recommend I use the G.F.? Thanks in advance?

clockworx

clockworx

I'd like to give the Grande Finale a shot. I have just up-potted two Orange OGK x Pineapple clones and am vegging to flip them. They have been treated identically and look like twins at this point. I think I'll run one of them as usual, and add the Grande Finale to the other. That should give me a pretty good idea of the difference it makes.

I use the Fox Farms nute line (liquids & solubles...EXCEPT Cha-ching). I also use Liquid Karma with every watering until flush. (Love the stuff)! I have just began working with organic compost teas, and hope to get into using them to feed as well as innoculating benes. How would you recommend I use the G.F.? Thanks in advance?
I cant say how well it will work with you using fox farm nutrients, that shit is salty as fuck, if your going to use organic nutes in a soil that has had most of the microbes killed off due to high ec, I would def use an enzyme product to do the job of the missing microbes, otherwise they will be much less available to the roots.....organic nutrients need to be broke down to usable forms before roots can utilize them....grand finale has heavy organic acids in them which help uptake but I don't know how well.....I grow organic up till when I use the semi organic grand finale and have a strong microbe population due to my compost teas, I also use enzymes towards the end just because its not worth brewing more teas just to harvest in a week or two.....

Max Frost

Max Frost

Are you using teas to feed as well? As I say, I'm just getting into using teas. In fact, I just brewed my first tea this weekend! My goal is to get to where I'm 100% organic and using the teas to feed. I'm having trouble finding info on brewing the teas to a "feeding strength" however. How are you using the teas? If you'd be so kind as to share a recipe...it would be most appreciated! I'd love to wean myself off the nutrient salts. Thanks!

clockworx

clockworx

Are you using teas to feed as well? As I say, I'm just getting into using teas. In fact, I just brewed my first tea this weekend! My goal is to get to where I'm 100% organic and using the teas to feed. I'm having trouble finding info on brewing the teas to a "feeding strength" however. How are you using the teas? If you'd be so kind as to share a recipe...it would be most appreciated! I'd love to wean myself off the nutrient salts. Thanks!

I use basically a water only soil mix that has everything I need so I don't count on teas for my food source although they do contain food, I mostly brew for microbes but in doing that I add food sources like guano, worm castings, compost, kelp, rock dust, and some other random shit based on the growth stage....brewing teas is a science that needs to be mastered, its a long topic,,,,there is a ton of info on it....just google or youtube compost teas.....

clockworx

clockworx

I've done the research myself at one point so I know there is a ton of information out there, it can be quite in depth, that's a topic that is going to make people ask a ton of questions and I really don't want to get into it....I'm trying to keep this as a journal and kick it with a few friends, and it would surely turn into a debate.....sorry man...start a thread and when I get a chance I will kick in some info for you....

clockworx

clockworx

Day 58.....the whole plant is solid now, upper colas are still white pistil dominate but slowly swelling from the bottom up....lower buds are nice and in the early ripe stage,,,the plant as a whole has no more then 3 weeks left,,tops!!.she's living off the soil now and starting to get a slight fade on the large fans....she is going to finish just as she depletes her nutrient supply....the next pics will be of the whole plant and the upper colas....I took pics but they came out like shit, having some trouble with the cam........
ATTTTTTTTTTTTT
AATTTTTTTTTTTTTT

O

ogbudder420

How's she smell? Are the trichomes super oily & and gluey like an Og

clockworx

clockworx

How's she smell? Are the trichomes super oily & and gluey like an Og

The smell is like a shop rag with oil and gas, my pheno didn't smell till week 5 because the swollen calyx have most of the trichs on them....I've had way more "greasy" plants....the leaves don't really frost.much,,,just the buds.....but that's just my 1 plant,,,,I can't speak for all phenos and mine isn't done yet.......I personally wouldn't look for a greasy plant in a sativa patch....every greasy, wet, sticky, plant I ever found was a heavy indica.......I don't know if this sour is a keeper yet, taste and high are going to be the big questions here....

clockworx

clockworx

Honestly, the smell and trich questions are always going to have different answers from plant to plant....I have cuts of strains that will come out different every time depending what I use and most importantly ENVIRONMENT....what I look for in seeds is vigor, germ rate, pheno variation, flower time, veg time.....I never judge a seed strain on smell or taste, they vary way too much and its the growers job to find a pheno that suits them......all in all, if this plant taste good and the high is good it will stay around until I find something better....its has the yield I want and the buds smell and look amazing so far......

clockworx

clockworx

Swerve went for a pheno of the sour og that was more sour dom to hit the aj with...so I wouldn't really expect the trichs to be "oily or sticky like an og".....but like I said, it does have some sfv og in it, your just not gonna see those traits show in the phenos as much as the sour diesel traits will....and its gonna be on a plant to plant basis,

clockworx

clockworx

I haven't been doing many updates because I've already shown pics for everything someone could want to see...the plants is just swelling now and the upper colas are starting to look just like the lowers...I'm only giving her water and expect her to finish around 75 days...today is day 61 so 2 more weeks and she should be plump to the max but we will see, I'm gonna let her go as long as she needs, I wanna see her swell to the point where she has very little pistils showing, might take her till 80 days. I don't even check trich color until the full swell in near finished, based on the buds look I have a few more weeks before I pick up the microscope...I also have been checking for any male parts because I know people are curious about that, I have seen NOTHING, she seems solid....if a ball does pop up you will be notified in full detail....

clockworx

clockworx

Day 62...major weight gain over the dark period. She was leaning when lights came on and needed to be tied up, I've never seen such a huge weight gain over night...there was more trichs, and the smell smacked me in the face. She has been steady thru all phases and her growth burst was in the swell....a few of her lower fan leaves yellowed overnight also...
BHBBBBBBBBBBBBB
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBK
BBBBBBBBBBBK
BBBBBBBBBBBBNBNNNNNNK
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBK
BBBBBBBBBBBBBHBBBBBK

clockworx

clockworx

I am going to check the soil and see where the (p) (k) levels are....if she is low on those I will add more grand finale and enzymes...I will report back later...

Latest posts

Top Bottom