California Has Too Much Pot, And Growers

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I didn't say anyone was a burnout, and you're smart enough to read and understand the thread, but I appreciate the typical california attitude.

I'd ask you to cite a source but your source is 'because reasons', just like the other guy. You seem pretty knowledgeable, where do you get your information? Is it strictly based on backyard fenced in grows that you can see peeking over the fence? That doesn't seem like a very efficient way to judge or measure the market, but yeah, rock on. You might be trying not to downplay Colorado, but your post drips with arrogance, and it's unbecoming, but I don't think you Cali grow masters really give a shit about us amateurs in Colorado. We don't even have enough oxygen to breathe, let alone grow good weed.

"But really, we don't need to know statistics" Y'all are in for a rude awakening. Good luck.

Go Houston

Actually, I was totally cracking up when I saw the Lebowski quote because I just used that exact line not that long back as a rebut in a small debate on the merits of smoking cannabis concentrates in the "What are you smoking right now?" thread.

If you've read my previous posts on this thread you'd know that I know there is no possible way to track cannabis growth and sales in Cali. Fact, I told you legitimate indicators as to the extent of our local production by the prevalence of marijuana specific supplies being sold in variety and hardware stores. Fact, I told you how much we get paid wholesale. Fact, there are only 18,000 within the city limits of "Twin Cities", where I live, that have at least 6 warehouse sise grow supplies that directly service the marijuana industry. I estimated on the high side at 50,000 in the unincorporated areas surrounding Grass Valley/Nevada City when they are actually closer to 35,000 people but I wanted to include services to Sierra, Placer, and Yuba counties as well (just to be fair). At 50,000 people that's one warehouse for every 8,333 people. If you include plumbing supply, hardware, garden supply, and variety stores that sell grow specific supplies, and people like me who order almost everything through Amazon, then take into account that nearly a third of our population is retired (very old) and likely not growing, and conservatively a quarter are children, then consider couples as well, it gives a pretty good idea that a large chunk of our populus is growing weed.

I also don't look over fences. That's a good way to get shot around here, and it's just plain rude. The plants are so big I can see them from the street as I'm driving by. There is even a large grow less than a block from the Sheriff's dept. and county jail. Our cops don't bust us, they protect us.

The recent Bitney Springs (Lobo) fire in Grass Valley that was only 821 acres wiped out enough marijuana grows to cause a temporary local, maybe even statewide, shortage. Fires on the "Ridge" (North San Juan) cause statewide and national shortages. I don't know anything about international exports so I can't comment on that.

I have been involved in the Cali marijuana industry in some form or another for the last 30 years. Over the years I've had connections with growers, suppliers, and buyers in over 30 Cali cities, 4 NV cities, and at least 20 more in cities across the US. I sold bullion to local growers for nearly a decade as well. They told me all kinds of sh*t because our business was inherently secretive. Heck, one of my chatty customers sold dirt to half the big growers up here.

What do you know about the typical Cali attitude? Have you lived here? Most growers here are industrious and ingenuitive, even when they're high. Just because we take pride in our produce does not make us arrogant.

No, I can't cite specific sources but I am very good at reading the terrain. My ability to analyse precious metal market trends and valuate mining stocks made a lot of people a whole lot of money. Analysing the marijuana market is no different except I also have the benefit of being able to use non public information without it being considered insider trading.

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Actually, I was totally cracking up when I saw the Lebowski quote because I just used that exact line not that long back as a rebut in a small debate on the merits of smoking cannabis concentrates in the "What are you smoking right now?" thread.

If you've read my previous posts on this thread you'd know that I know there is no possible way to track cannabis growth and sales in Cali. Fact, I told you legitimate indicators as to the extent of our local production by the prevalence of marijuana specific supplies being sold in variety and hardware stores. Fact, I told you how much we get paid wholesale. Fact, there are only 18,000 within the city limits of "Twin Cities", where I live, that have at least 6 warehouse sise grow supplies that directly service the marijuana industry. I estimated on the high side at 50,000 in the unincorporated areas surrounding Grass Valley/Nevada City when they are actually closer to 35,000 people but I wanted to include services to Sierra, Placer, and Yuba counties as well (just to be fair). At 50,000 people that's one warehouse for every 8,333 people. If you include plumbing supply, hardware, garden supply, and variety stores that sell grow specific supplies, and people like me who order almost everything through Amazon, then take into account that nearly a third of our population is retired (very old) and likely not growing, and conservatively a quarter are children, then consider couples as well, it gives a pretty good idea that a large chunk of our populus is growing weed.

I also don't look over fences. That's a good way to get shot around here, and it's just plain rude. The plants are so big I can see them from the street as I'm driving by. There is even a large grow less than a block from the Sheriff's dept. and county jail. Our cops don't bust us, they protect us.

The recent Bitney Springs (Lobo) fire in Grass Valley that was only 821 acres wiped out enough marijuana grows to cause a temporary local, maybe even statewide, shortage. Fires on the "Ridge" (North San Juan) cause statewide and national shortages. I don't know anything about international exports so I can't comment on that.

I have been involved in the Cali marijuana industry in some form or another for the last 30 years. Over the years I've had connections with growers, suppliers, and buyers in over 30 Cali cities, 4 NV cities, and at least 20 more in cities across the US. I sold bullion to local growers for nearly a decade as well. They told me all kinds of sh*t because our business was inherently secretive. Heck, one of my chatty customers sold dirt to half the big growers up here.

What do you know about the typical Cali attitude? Have you lived here? Most growers here are industrious and ingenuitive, even when they're high. Just because we take pride in our produce does not make us arrogant.

No, I can't cite specific sources but I am very good at reading the terrain. My ability to analyse precious metal market trends and valuate mining stocks made a lot of people a whole lot of money. Analysing the marijuana market is no different except I also have the benefit of being able to use non public information without it being considered insider trading.
oh.

B

Burned Haze

its the Supply and demand! , but when it becomes so stupid (in prices and quality %) no one will buy it Exp when other drugs are so much cheaper (sad cause cannabis could fix that compared to lab made drugs that only will get you addicted and fuck your body )

That’s why I grow myself and can get a pound for what they at a stupid dispensary at same price and it’s more cured and better meds and prime AA+

Last edited by a moderator:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

its the Supply and demand! , but when it becomes so stupid (in prices and quality %) no one will buy it Exp when other drugs are so much cheaper (sad cause cannabis could fix that compared to lab made drugs that only will get you addicted and fuck your body )

That’s why I grow myself and can get a pound for what they at a stupid dispensary at same price and it’s more cured and better meds and prime AA+

For real. I spent $2500 for what would have cost me $15k-$18k and that's after I gave half to my cousin for letting me grow. If I smoked every day, all day, over the next year, I'd still have 3lbs left over. And just like you said, it is better weed with a better cure.

Totally agree.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You guys need a little work on your humblebragging.

I can appreciate that you might think that but that's not where my head is at. Anything beyond what I need for smoking is just an asset I need to flip. I'm way more interested in my next grow project than what I've already harvested. I grew some great weed this year as well as some pretty good weed. I think it was 50/50 luck and skill or it would have all been great. Now, that's where my thoughts are. How do I duplicate where I was successful and how do I make pretty good into great? There are so many excellent growers on here who's success is not based on luck. I am trying to emulate them, in my own way of course. That is why I'm on this forum. I have goals that pride doesn't get me any closer to achieving, so I really have no use for it.

(Sorry if my thoughts seem a bit disjointed. Ive got three energy drinks in me and I've been up all night trimming. I'm also on a most excellent candy bar high, lol.)

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I can appreciate that you might think that but that's not where my head is at. Anything beyond what I need for smoking is just an asset I need to flip. I'm way more interested in my next grow project than what I've already harvested. I grew some great weed this year as well as some pretty good weed. I think it was 50/50 luck and skill or it would have all been great. Now, that's where my thoughts are. How do I duplicate where I was successful and how do I make pretty good into great? There are so many excellent growers on here who's success is not based on luck. I am trying to emulate them, in my own way of course. That is why I'm on this forum. I have goals that pride doesn't get me any closer to achieving, so I really have no use for it.

(Sorry if my thoughts seem a bit disjointed. Ive got three energy drinks in me and I've been up all night trimming. I'm also on a most excellent candy bar high, lol.)
You don't seem disjointed at all. That's two straight humblebrags, but you only scored a 6/10.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Is there an actual point you're trying to make?
I was ribbing you guys at first, but when pressed for specifics, when asked where you get your info about your awesome cali weed, you thought "But really, we don't need to know statistics". That's a pretty ridiculous statement to make following up on your prior posts, and you've spent the last several posts in this thread trying to walk that back, at least from where I sit. I'm fascinated by that attitude that your shit doesn't stink, and I am also fascinated by the claims you make, and why you are so entrenched in your worldview that you are too busy to bother finding out where you get your information.

Sorry to harsh your buzz buddy. Hang loose and thanks for supplying all of the good weed we get to smoke.

P

Pimples

California does not supply 70% of the weed consumed in America people. Come the fuk on. Puhhlleeaasse. Smh!!! Its a chunk but not no 70 damn percent. Holy Shit Ive heard it all now. You growers and so called "people in the know" out there would like to think you do thats for damn sure. Cmon!!! Lordy oh lord. The Island of California!!! Smfh!!! Newsflash...the rest of the Country caught on to your little song and dance quite sometime ago. Thats a fact!!! And I lived in Hopland then Garberville for 11 years. Wow!!!

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I was ribbing you guys at first, but when pressed for specifics, when asked where you get your info about your awesome cali weed, you thought "But really, we don't need to know statistics". That's a pretty ridiculous statement to make following up on your prior posts, and you've spent the last several posts in this thread trying to walk that back, at least from where I sit. I'm fascinated by that attitude that your shit doesn't stink, and I am also fascinated by the claims you make, and why you are so entrenched in your worldview that you are too busy to bother finding out where you get your information.

Sorry to harsh your buzz buddy. Hang loose and thanks for supplying all of the good weed we get to smoke.

You're confused dude. I never tried to quote some gov stats. I said it was impossible to know. When I said we don't need to know statistics, it was dismissive of the statistics I never used. I said, what we get paid per lb is all we need to know. The guy that posted before that does not speak for me and I don't speak for him. So stop trying to combine our posts. I've walked nothing back. When you asked where I got my info, I told you. When you didn't like my answer you got pissy and started trolling.

B

Burned Haze

Sorry but ..Go fuck yourself localGG and if you look at quite a few of your posts you go way too far and negative and off topic . Go somewhere else that’s not a discussion board troll ( my vote is ban him ;) )

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

70% does seem like a pretty big number. I don't know so can't say, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

I do know that the guy "supposedly" representing us in the article doesn't know jack sh*t and his presumptions are indicative of the attitude outsiders ascribe to us as Californians in general. But you lived here, in grow country, so you should know that isn't true. I don't think I know anyone in Garberville but I did know growers in Mad River years ago and I never experienced any uppity attutudes from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom