Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

"the main reason we are looking towards moving our operations to Oregon as soon as the rules there become more concrete."[/QUOTE]

I also wanted to mention that if and when you do move here in Oregon I would truely appreciate it if you could give me a call to action and chat a bit about what I can do for you to legitimize the industry here I have a certified masters degree in cannabis growing, bud tending, how to open and run dispensaries, concentrates, butters and so on all from an accredited collage which is why I am positive that I can help you out in some way I do hard work and play by the rules as well as a whole I am obsessed with the overall process of creating this herb and getting the new growth of the industry off the ground hopefully going to open a seed bank soon but the current reprimanded laws of my county are still awaiting the next vote in a few days until this I am up shit creek for what I do in my area....

miko

miko

Hello Miko,
We are still alive and kicking at W.O.W. Weed. Just had our second large outdoor harvest and I believe it was our 6th harvest so far. Family still all working together...my daughter is doing fine although we lost our 14 year old little dog this last week which was devastating for us all.

W.O.W. Weed is thriving...all our debt paid off and hoping to begin to see some financial reward but not holding my breath. The state of affairs in regulated weed in WA is a bit murky and depends on what section of it you are dealing with. Growers are not making money for the most part. We now have over 120 strains in cultivation and sell to retailers for $3.95 per gram. That same gram will cost you anywhere from $15-$25 because of the retailers 250-500% markup and the 37% tax the state takes at the register...along with whatever sales tax applies for that location. It is really screwed up and we are trying to find even one retailer that will work on a volume sales model instead of them all thinking they should make more from a container of bud than the people that grow, dry, trim, package, market and deliver it. We are fortunate to be able to sell everything we grow but the majority of growers do not find that to be the case. We are pretty popular for a few strains....our Acapulco Gold, White Lavender, Jack Frost, Afgooey and all our CBD strains as well as our kief/shatter infused cones which literally fly off the shelf.

I am however more than happy to talk about it anytime to anyone so just give me a call or email me directly and I will be happy to help in anyway I can:)
I think my contact info is here somewhere but just private message me and I will get back with you right away!
Susy
W.O.W. Weed

Glad you are going ok! Under $4 per gram is brutal for indoor. Not terrible if you have a large outdoor crop... But am trying to remember back.. think most of your world is indoors.

Will try to connect with you soon. Your PMs are disabled here, but will look you up.

inthegorge

inthegorge

"the main reason we are looking towards moving our operations to Oregon as soon as the rules there become more concrete."

I also wanted to mention that if and when you do move here in Oregon I would truely appreciate it if you could give me a call to action and chat a bit about what I can do for you to legitimize the industry here I have a certified masters degree in cannabis growing, bud tending, how to open and run dispensaries, concentrates, butters and so on all from an accredited collage which is why I am positive that I can help you out in some way I do hard work and play by the rules as well as a whole I am obsessed with the overall process of creating this herb and getting the new growth of the industry off the ground hopefully going to open a seed bank soon but the current reprimanded laws of my county are still awaiting the next vote in a few days until this I am up shit creek for what I do in my area....
[/QUOTE]
So where are you located? We really could use an exceptional person really devoted to this plant and could afford another salary I think if the skill set is good. We are about as laid back as work can get but we work extremely hard and have a wonderfully dedicated team.
Our area is pretty gorgeous:-)
Susy

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

So where are you located? We really could use an exceptional person really devoted to this plant and could afford another salary I think if the skill set is good. We are about as laid back as work can get but we work extremely hard and have a wonderfully dedicated team.
Our area is pretty gorgeous:)
Susy[/QUOTE]

Well dedicated is one word for it ; ^ ) I call it obsession, have been since before I knew what it was just the look and smell of it alone was just the greatest thing ever to me. I too work very hard at what I do amd I am definitely not set in one way to grow always saying/calling it relative amd not set to one right or wrong way to go. I have been growing for 16 years as of the 6th of august 8 for my sensi who was super farmer Joe the mega tree man then 2 for some one else who stole me from him or traded rather finakly i figured why not do it for myself and grew for 6 more years for myself and my patients with cards until this very day. I tend to stick with indoor grows and shine like a star on hydroponics 3/4 of the time but i am also no stranger to the outdoor games and techniques needed for it nor am I a stranger to tree farming.
20151113 203132
Photo 1447222161091
20151113 155525
20151113 202602
20151113 202546
20151113 203040
I will send you a pm and we can talk more there

Last edited:
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Well I would assume that you are expecting me to put my socks on both feet then shoes so......

I dont wish to carry on to long or be to specific (altho i always am) but here goes everything.

I am currently living in the Albany oregon area and full of life and information, as well as an endless passion for PLANTS not singularly cannabis.

I am working towards a few legitamized degrees in botany and agriculture at the time. So far I have yet to find a school that has a center of attention to plant detail or the ability of having a good botanist program (must leave the country to find a better place as far as I can tell). I have a few scientific certificate/degrees in the cannabis plant and industry that honestly mean squat elsewhere. I however still feel I have a fairly firm grasp of the entire processes therein.

As one of then is a master growers degree from an accredited collage which is the only accredited collage for cannabis in the world at this time there is great potential for me to be of a good choice in employment/investment in the future of your business as well as a desensitized peoples to the depths. (Monies, buds, acknowledged credit, greed and overall the same today as I was yesterday, Better or so I hope...
I am still quite young but in no way act as if I was. Again making me a good choice for a permanent fixture/position in your life's work, more so I am currently/always open to any and all tasks. Yip Even the little things that mean nothing but ultimately make a whole piece of pie later not exactly picky about what it is you have me do here. Furthermore what it is I want from you or rather all of this that is the entire journey including any attachments are.....
1st and foremost
I just want more experience, more knowledge a place to give and gain more information on the way to get more legitamized and be a key part of btinging cannabis the point where IQ and truths are most important as well as hold true and correct whilst the other side (power greed misinformation) is dropped off entierly. I have been very slowly and patiently making it my all, my only, my goal and career in life and I continue to move forward in the world at large every day.

I have little time for BS and tend not to be of it myself. I have been very lightly working in the industry (actual buisness) testing the waters if you will, trying to get to the point I can seek out or get the attention of a small number of people (such as yourself) to be this that I have a desire to be. (Canna Scientist / scientific researcher of medicine and plants) n whilst always keeping in mind that you/I have to scrub the poop deck before I could ever help wash the beakers n bruters.

What I expect from you....
Haha not much.

I do not have a great expectation of riches or fame something like that is not anything I need or have want to be. I only wish to be a bigger (silent) part of my biggest passion in life making my soul purpose of life fulfillment complete in the long run or as close to complete as I can get. While also making connections to the innermost points, And implement a few of my favorite particular ideals of breeding (make more cbd not thc) and the ability of genetic transformation, as well as to get a few other people (not in the cannabis world) who have the knowledge of the plant/medical process on the path of a different exoression in the future. Ultimately heading way for the making of a new series of events leading to the point where the cannabis plant is no longer opposed in any way. This would be the first time in life I would feel complete in my doings (Finding my whole purpose). That's it that's all I can say I honestly want to gain.

Lastly in closing I will add.

The only thing's you can expect from me as a whole, would be.... great dedication to you as an employer as well as the advancement of it and cannabis itself, true loyalty as a definition, intelligence of a specific design useful to you(I can't do your taxes but I can make your farm run smoothly) and as well as having the lack of a predisposed expectation of riches and wealth for my hard work and in fact quite th opposite of this (somewhat plan/expect to go out broke and in debt only to simply advance the knowledge of) I want to go out leaving the world a better place to live in due to tons of knowledge not seen before in the world of plants and medicine as a result of my trials, errors and overall what i can do in the ways of research with those I surrounded myself with. Basically I am, positive, drivin, educated on the subject, open to suggestions, willing and able for advancement, and need an appropriate outlet for the best of me and my knowledge to expand and thrive the way I hope it will.

I feel this can hopefully be exactly what I am looking for or has been calling iut and sent to me to make this happen. I could even go so far as to say that it could be a great part of my life's purpose. The Arcturian I have been very patiently waiting for if you will. (The thought nit the actuality of the word) Sent/implanted in my life by chance to take me to the new version of self while also holding the ability to create a perfect environment for that which I have been preparing for.

Furthermore and finally I would like to add.
Other than the first part of my cannabis/life/training where I worked for a large scale farmer who taught me to put my socks on both feet then shoes, and durring the gain in and of knowlage and experience I now have, never have I been much interested in joining the world of dispensaries or co-operative grows until now, this due to the amount of people who simply use it as a means of money to the point of being harmful to the overall medical process or doing nothing good in the community or advancement of the medical schooling/education of and fields/ therein, thus making it easier to find reasons to add more of this propaganda that has been laid upon it. Nor have / do I have any interest to be a part of this, I simply wish to be a good scientific research and development advocate, making the best of the plant species expressed in mirral form for the most part.

I already have the highest level of dedication to be considered completely wrapped around the world of plants and medicine all the way to the point where I am not sure where to go from here on..... well to a point anyway I could always just be a breeder implementing the proper way to get it more legitamized and be a key part of curing the plethora of different illnesses it helps I already have a great strain that was intended to actually be a med for suppression of anxiety and paranoia to which it is very close to a "personally" perfect candidate to be.

Sincerely
Kaih Element
Purist of the most advanced.
Keeper of the clouds billow.
Wanderer of the world in mind.
Maker of the holes in it for you.
Forced to take a bath afterward.
And hopefully
Allowed this great opportunity.
Piece's & Jah bless for now.

20151021 072653
Cosativaman

Cosativaman

S
I don't have money...I have intelligence and drive and since I took my first hit at the age of 22 I have wanted to grow weed without restrictions. The money I will be using is from friends and family that know my skills at growing in the past and feel I am competent and able to go forward with this. While WA states new law is not at all without restriction it is nonetheless doable and I am going to give it my all. I am not going into this blind...I know how to grow weed but not on this scale. I really am not looking for a debate on whether to do it or not...it is going to be done. Bantering about why is just a useless waste of time for me and some source of amusement for you all apparently. Thanks for the advice about Texas Kid....bought his book and it was a good read. No broken hearts here...no matter what the outcome. Apparently the assumption here is "Oh..some old lady wants to do something and she has no idea what is involved." That could not be further from the truth. I could put up 10 lights right now and do great. Using 40 in my flowering room alone is a different situation. I will keep on monitoring the thread and if anyone has anything relevant to share I would be ever so grateful:)
tick to what you know.. Whether organic or hydro ... Start small enough to pay your bills and slowly grow from there. I highly suggest hiring a gardener as well. Keep everything clean and sealed off , it'll be easy with this much space to waste thousands and thousands on plants that don't make it because there is to much to keep up with. Good luck!!!

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Thanks for your help and advice on The subject to which I would like to comment on. I have been speaking with @inthegorge recently and it sounds like she has gotten a few of the issues resolved to a point. The only thing that I have been thinking is holy WOW at the progress they have made on this since asking for help. I have no doubts the future of the endeavors made is in the future of the law of it al km and the rest that goes along with it they have a nice system down now and are fully equipped to get the job done. With the intellectual and kind owner making the decisions that have been made are nothing but spectacular moves to be a Walmart of canna I have zero doubt that they have the same questions about this in mind, as she did when the posting was made. I am proud to say that I have even been in contact with someone who is of the most important part of the forward motion to the right place in lawmaking rule setting and the goals of the company that have been met and made it is absolutely astonishing.

Thank you @inthegorge thank you very much for your time and effort you put in the world of canna what a great difference in it you have made not to mention the difference in my life as well. I hope very soon that the company is looking for the next big thing to do with it and it is nothing but pure success.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas taking time to help the community and inspire me to grow my prayers are with you always and i lray you alm are forever Jah Blessedly blessed hehe
With Sincerity
Kilo/Kaih EleMent

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Stick to what you know.. Whether organic or hydro ... Start small enough to pay your bills and slowly grow from there. I highly suggest hiring a gardener as well. Keep everything clean and sealed off , it'll be easy with this much space to waste thousands and thousands on plants that don't make it because there is to much to keep up with. Good luck!!!
You need to read through this entire thread. She ITG is now the expert. :D

Cosativaman

Cosativaman

You need to read through this entire thread. She ITG is now the expert. :D
I know I didn't realize that. It was my first day on the site and was having trouble navigating the site .... Was more just trying to figure out how to even reply as I was having trouble so I picked an old post purposely lol

Cosativaman

Cosativaman

I know I didn't realize that. It was my first day on the site and was having trouble navigating the site .... Was more just trying to figure out how to even reply as I was having trouble so I picked an old post purposely lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You picked a REALLY GOOD ONE! :D Read through it and you're gonna be blown away. It's an excellent read... although I do wish ITG would have broken up those walls of text into paragraphs. :p

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I am more in the area than actually in Albany I could easily see how it would not be missed however

inthegorge

inthegorge

Oh goodness....it has been a long time since I posted here. I would have done so much sooner but my days are eternally filled with more work than I can even contemplate most of the time but I am taking a mental breather for a couple of moments to coalesce some thoughts and figured I might try to do a "brief" posting here:-)

W.O.W. Weed is doing pretty well I guess all things considered. Certainly not getting rich but we are maintaining and actually have about 20,000 in the bank which is sort of weird and strangely scary for some reason that I just cannot put my finger on:-/ Still not pulling a paycheck myself though so I guess this is just going to have to figure out as a labor of love....even if I don't always love it at all. My partner (my youngest daughters boyfriend if you remember) gets some remuneration....money to cover his car insurance and soon will be taking enough to pay for their own housing because they are going to move down the road into another house but that is quite minimal with our living situation so we can cover that. He and Rach (the daughter) also got to go on a cruise in the Bahamas and a few days in Florida so that was cool for them. My oldest daughter Sophy that we were worried about her health for a while is now pregnant with my first grandchild and that is just the most wonderful and amazing news for us all:-) She is due and August and none of us could be more overjoyed!

We need more labor but after hiring a few different people that came from medical growing backgrounds who did not work out we are hesitant to hire anyone else even though we need a couple of people seriously bad to step up our production. Our sales are about $500,000 for the last 12 months. Not stupendous by any means but we are staying in the game. If we can up our production we would be seeing an actual profit building but unfortunately I spend most of my time trying to help growers in general here and it is turning into much more than a full time job on top of what I have to accomplish for our company.

Nearly to a farm the recreational growers in WA state are overworked and not paid. Not one grower has time to accomplish everything that needs to be done on our farms every day and that is not just the plant care....it is all the regulatory reporting, compliance issues, harvesting, product storage, processing, packaging, marketing, deliveries and every other aspect of this crazy industry that the average pot grower would never even consider if they did not work in this heavily regulated system. We are spread across this very large state and isolated by our workload primarily and lack of funds. We are the largest segment of stakeholders in this recreational system and yet we have no combined voice because we have no time to come together. I have made it my mission to bring us together. Any penny I can take without stressing our company I put towards contacting, educating, networking and getting growers together. We have been putting on meetings across the state....going to the different regions.....inviting growers and feeding them so we can meet up.....talk with each other.....and most importantly spread the word that if we do not act now there may not be a tomorrow for most of the farms now established here.

The state still charges a 37% "marijuana sin tax" at the register along with their 9.5% sales tax so a whatever the price of the pot is the consumer pays nearly 1/2 again as much for tax. The retailers mark up the growers product anywhere from 250-600% and they literally put the product on their shelf and collect money from the sale when it goes out the door. How any shop can think this is OK just boggles my mind. The consumer is the ones that are screwed and even though growers sell for a very reasonable price....such a reasonable price that there is very little profit if any......but because of the state tax and the retailer mark up the cost at the shops is still incredibly high considering what the unregulated growers still sell at. More than 100 growers here have already failed......lost their life savings generally and all the time, energy and heart they put into their businesses. I hear all the time....oh......new businesses are hard....many are doomed to fail. My response is this is really not a new industry but since it is regulated and taxed nearly to death it has unrealistic expectations.

Our goal is to bring at least 500 growers to a consensus and bring our combined voices to the Liquor Control Board. Their rules keep coming and are always at the expense of the growers, never the retailers. We are also going before the legislature and after that we will start a media campaign to inform the consumers of what is actually going on with legal pot in our state. We meet with the LCB next week. With the legislature the week after. Then the public which will take time and who knows how many people we can reach. All I know is that if we do not act now it will be too late for most of the farmers already working in this system and that is not OK with me. Never in my wildest dreams when I thought about growing weed legally did I see such a future in store:-/ It is not where I want to be but no one else was doing it and I just cannot sit idly while so many of the other businesses fail. They all work just as hard as we do....aren't doing anything incorrectly other than working in such a screwed up system. Now they are going to allow outside money to come into the system....many growers are hoping they will be able to sell their businesses. I don't know if that will help or not. Some of the largest players are doing great but they had huge pockets and put a shitload of money into their operations. They buy product from farmers that cannot find an outlet for their products for $1 a gram and think they are playing fair. Farmers end up selling because they can't keep food on the table or their light bills paid. It is just horrible really. Our little company sells all the product we grow. We have a good name even if not many people actually use our products because we are so small but we do try hard to put out great weed in each package and stand by anything we sell. For some reason many of the growers that are going out of business want us to take their plants when they close to keep the strains going. We now have 167 strains which is sort of crippling I have to say to keep them all going and we definitely need to purge probably about 80 -100 of them but how do I decide which to get rid of? It is a responsibility I take quite seriously:-/ Because of labeling requirements THC drives sales here. Labs are just crazy however. You can get a 10% variation in THC from one lab to another using the exact same bud for the sample. It makes no sense at all and we see most stores only wanting product that tests out at above 24-25% THC. Up until a couple of years ago no one ever saw THC levels like this so WTF? Most of us think the labs just are gaming the system themselves because growers go with the labs that give the highest test results because without that the shops won't even look at your products. Again...it is horrible and most of us just think it is a travesty and again the consumer is the end loser.

I have been involved in a committee to create a Washington Cannabis Commission that is registered with the Dept of Agriculture and it will improve the situation for growers in general but it is a lengthy process and after all the growers in the state vote on it next month it will still take about 9 months to a year to come into being but it is a huge deal and absolutely worth all the work it has taken.

So.........I am an expert on growing and processing cannabis in such a ridiculously regulated system. I cannot say my growing skills have increased tremendously although we do understand lots more than we did originally. We can say we love, love, love to be able to grow outside.....it is so damned easy. Indoors when you approach it like farming is not terribly complicated either and we do not have all the expensive climate controls that so many great grows have and still we do a very good job with our indoor. We now recognize what does best inside and what does best outside for us and there definitely is a difference. We use no pesticides whatsoever and our predatory mite regimen is just a huge game changer for indoor growing.

So.....not much changing here except my huge involvement with organizing growers which I never intended to do but felt if someone didn't do it all is lost for the average pot farmer here in the regulated system. Medical is gutted here.....it is a travesty and we are working to try to change that before it affects too many patients negatively but it is going to be a huge battle as well. Nothing in this has been easy.

What I can say and for this I am proud.....I have one of the most respected voices in the WA state cannabis industry. That is not bragging...it is just a result of always speaking my mind as I see things....always advocating for the consumer first and the industry second. This translates into a great reputation for our little company as well but that is just a side effect of being active for legalization in general. I know that was not my expectation when I started getting into all this. I for sure know it was not the expectation of all the naysayers I first encountered here. What a crazy surprise:-)

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I have every expectation of the success in your consensus building as well as ability for the lawmaker mind change powers your seeking and I hope no, I Pray every day that you are more than just a little successful in this case because it is not only Washington that is experiencing this issue.

Oh no its bad here in oregon too it is the same thing and I for one have also had enough of the BS or... oh wait ..... thays &SB implementation of new law new rules. It just seems like every day I see more and more and a never ending flo moreover in taxes and fees applicable to the very fibers left on your fingertips after trimming. Then every corner I turn around and cut the red tape down, sadly tho at the moment you see a clearing; WhaBoom a new Bill with a new lic you must have to do anything further is outrageously costly and nearly impossible for you to get in your area at least this is what I have seen. Then if we get into Bho oil and cleaner Co2 oils?

Let's just put it down like this if you were not extremely important and rich already or unless you are/have been grandfathered in on and around the market for some time you may as well just hand the state a million $$$ and let them walk on your face on the way out the door and turn fro.from giving them the cash . That sadly is no exaggeration not in what I have found anyway!!!

You know if your getting overwhelmed with the workload I could always just swing down there and try to give you a hand for a few days do the best i can for what i can anyway if you would like me to that is (Ik I want to who wouldn't lol) . If need be for any actual reason for this it could be so we could actually meet in person finally and nit just email and forum chat...
not to mention I have been dieing to get you some of my tincture and my salve I have a great feeling that If and when you give thenn a try it may just bring a dragon tear or two to your eye lol. The salve is just a few vamped mods in what it's made with to make it have more coverage of use with active and non active delta9's 8's cbg and so on as well as disinfectant like Azle or whitch hazle bark tea made to be a concentrate after being in the purge for five days with clove oil @250°F and a few other holistic approach methods have been used for getting to the core of pain and suffering from the daily grind ×;☆○

WaOW WEED your looking for workers again already? Dam I wish I was closer to you and able to show you what can do and how seriously ment it is when I say I AM 100% DEDICATED to keeping this my life career. So... it's not like the idea of dedication to something like say.. being an artist.....but instead..... it's more like a dedication to your children teaching them life skills and how to live with a valued purpose with only the hope to let them find their way. I like to just let the plant do all the talking to the point where I can only be found in on or around a garden in some way or another listening to music or mumbling sweet nothings to the ladies ahhhh if only I was as socially skilled as you i would be able to give you a hand in the legal world and ton of work you do with canna law but alas I have this kind of passion with this type of luck it would seem these days.but what is a guy to do but push on that good ole keep on keepin o

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

I live in wonderful WA state where I have just applied for my legal license to grow, have secured a 4400 sq ft warehouse and am looking for any reasonable advice I can find. I have been reading the threads here as much as possible but have not found too much info on using so much space. I have a 41'x34' veg space and a 58'x26' flowering space with 3 other closed off rooms of varying sizes for cloning etc and a 34'x12' space for drying and processing. I am a 57 year old lady that used to grow indoors 20 years ago and things have changed greatly since then:-/ If any of you experts could see it in your hearts or have time to give me some specific pointers I would be seriously grateful. This is all out in the open...don't have to worry about anyone "catching" me because it is LEGAL....never thought I would see that in my lifetime:) I am so open to knowledge and have a short window to get everything set up with a budget of about 20,000-25,000 to put into it. We will be the ground breakers for the rest of the nation and I can use all the help I can find! Do I grow hydroponically or with soil? Do I use the SOG method or go for bigger plants? I personally think that the fastest I can get a crop to legal retail outlets here the better because the market will be glutted quickly and since all my start up money is borrowed I need to get in the black as soon as possible. Also I think the first crop to hit retailers will bear the highest prices just so the retail shops can get moving. I have literally been waiting for this for the last 30 years and am so excited I can barely contain myself. I have so many questions and want to do this right from the start up. Glad to share my phone number and talk to anyone with good advice for me. Will have the building to start the set up by Dec. 15 and need to be ready and raring to go!

Well buddy I haven't read this thread but its been three years? Have you quit, are you turn key yet? Have you purchased all of your equipment yet? Your running DE's right? Any supplemental lighting in affect? Basicly with 25k to put into equipment I'm assuming your well under 15,000sqft. If so. Then Let me know I can provide all of the information you need to get huge yields without all of the headache. I have over 10 years of experience in the emerald triangle and know a thing or two about horticulture/agriculture/botany/plant science etc. I know where you can cut costs and how to to get really LEAN and MEAN! Feel free to post on here or PM me with replys. I hope you haven't done anything to horrible. Basicly you want 6000BTU/1,000W light or 6900BTU/1250 DE.

This includes all equipment fans, pumps, the hottest day in summer in southern california, dehues (HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE?)

Do you have chillers? How what is your nute tank size?

What RO system are you running? Hydrologic Pre/EVO1000?

There are numerous other questions I can ask you to optimize your grow.

If you plan on spending more than $10K I can get you free professional CAD drawings ($2,500 value), electrical, wiring, irrigation, fan placement etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom