Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

I'm feeling lonely. Please share your babies. I don't think you guys are understanding you're the last stitch holding me here and not going back to grass city organics only. No offense but they use agricultural universities as sources of info...not high times and high yield. I'm still active there. I definitely love talking with all the no till gardeners. They have threads with over 5000 pages of discussions along with answers to any questions that were started by MoFo, bluejay, and lumperdawgs2 (coot)

Some guys have made quick reference notes and recipe compilations which is literally going to have the answer to any questions because they are bookmarked Q&A with coot and his amigos.

No need to even post questions. I only had to use the search function for any question. Organics is king there. The hydro growers are extremely cool and we all get along. Tbone shuffle is the best hydro grower hands down. He runs bloom nutes from start to finish. His stems are always looking like if 1 more hair sprouted theyd snap.

Some good ole boys along with some "blades" (the British term for homies).

They would have a field day here. I fight my own battles with false comments and I don't tag people in for help because if you have knowledge you have power. I only need my knowledge not a hyena pack to pick at the lion. Haha

Bring all the hyenas you want to sneak shots. I'm leaving with the kill.

Peanut galleries who obviously have 0 understanding of the argument. When you ask for their input they disappear.
Bro I switch I what I grow right now outs these fun guy

20170930 141656
Screenshot 20170930 141602
brazel

brazel

I'm feeling lonely. Please share your babies. I don't think you guys are understanding you're the last stitch holding me here and not going back to grass city organics only. No offense but they use agricultural universities as sources of info...not high times and high yield. I'm still active there. I definitely love talking with all the no till gardeners. They have threads with over 5000 pages of discussions along with answers to any questions that were started by MoFo, bluejay, and lumperdawgs2 (coot)

Some guys have made quick reference notes and recipe compilations which is literally going to have the answer to any questions because they are bookmarked Q&A with coot and his amigos.

No need to even post questions. I only had to use the search function for any question. Organics is king there. The hydro growers are extremely cool and we all get along. Tbone shuffle is the best hydro grower hands down. He runs bloom nutes from start to finish. His stems are always looking like if 1 more hair sprouted theyd snap.

Some good ole boys along with some "blades" (the British term for homies).

They would have a field day here. I fight my own battles with false comments and I don't tag people in for help because if you have knowledge you have power. I only need my knowledge not a hyena pack to pick at the lion. Haha

Bring all the hyenas you want to sneak shots. I'm leaving with the kill.

Peanut galleries who obviously have 0 understanding of the argument. When you ask for their input they disappear.
Blue jay is tops at the game, love him!
Back in the day with country gold man and space moss, Rancho, rrog, vonforne, microbe, mile high, gas,darc,seandogg, and many others man icmag was so dope before they erased but the los.org was where it's at but I take many breaks and now los.org is defunct. But man that forum was only open by invite and had all the heads. Not sure what happened...i should reach out and find out! Grass city is cool. I'm surprised I haven't been kicked out of here and that says a lot cause usually forums are supported by the ones we call out

brazel

brazel

@oldskol4evr
They sell a product called perma-till. It's just black slate pieces like maybe a 1/4" at most. dude a 1cF bag is like cheat as fuck. i'm thinking about it. slate has a ridiculous CEC. Another one is grow stones but not pebbles...stones. They're 1/4-3/8 inch. I swear if you just tilled once with some pine bark fines and this stuff and maybe a bit of play sand as alan mentioned you'd have a nice airy soil.

i love burying lump charchoal also. i bust it up a little. as long as there's nothing bigger than 1.5" going in i don't mind.

I know everyone says you should charge with em1 but the way i learned is totally different. i either just mix uncharged in the mix and then i understand teas will be necessary or i bust the charcoal myself and mix with compost. i don't care about dust because i mix i just take the busted charcoal and put it in a sandbag and dump enough compost/ewc mix to just cover it all up shaking to mix it in for surface contact. i let that sit for 2 weeks after adding a little water and swaling the bag. i built some multi size screens from rabbit fence material and what have you. you can even use 1 size and just kind of overlap in basket patterns to make smaller holes. sift all the compost out and throw it back in the compost pile and what yo have in your sifter is charged biochar...just another product to save some loot.

i know saving money is always good. you know me...just want to help and i understand if you'd prefer innoculants. i saw a guys recently pushing azos. I explained that azos is naturally occuring in compost as well as mycos. put rice in the mix if you don't believe me lol.

i'm going to be making sequestered carbon from rice hulls. i'll show you guys. it's the best sequestered carbon for surface contact without clogging up your soi with dust...lol
Small bio char better, charge with what you use! Fuck em1, just another bullshit product. Look back years ago, almost all these so called products didn't exist, it was all about doing it yourself and you'd get called out for not. But people see ways to make money and now he have hydro like myths in organic. Like tlo .. really spikes really! Shit so stupid. We give info but people refuse! And want commercial

brazel

brazel

@oldskol4evr
They sell a product called perma-till. It's just black slate pieces like maybe a 1/4" at most. dude a 1cF bag is like cheat as fuck. i'm thinking about it. slate has a ridiculous CEC. Another one is grow stones but not pebbles...stones. They're 1/4-3/8 inch. I swear if you just tilled once with some pine bark fines and this stuff and maybe a bit of play sand as alan mentioned you'd have a nice airy soil.

i love burying lump charchoal also. i bust it up a little. as long as there's nothing bigger than 1.5" going in i don't mind.

I know everyone says you should charge with em1 but the way i learned is totally different. i either just mix uncharged in the mix and then i understand teas will be necessary or i bust the charcoal myself and mix with compost. i don't care about dust because i mix i just take the busted charcoal and put it in a sandbag and dump enough compost/ewc mix to just cover it all up shaking to mix it in for surface contact. i let that sit for 2 weeks after adding a little water and swaling the bag. i built some multi size screens from rabbit fence material and what have you. you can even use 1 size and just kind of overlap in basket patterns to make smaller holes. sift all the compost out and throw it back in the compost pile and what yo have in your sifter is charged biochar...just another product to save some loot.

i know saving money is always good. you know me...just want to help and i understand if you'd prefer innoculants. i saw a guys recently pushing azos. I explained that azos is naturally occuring in compost as well as mycos. put rice in the mix if you don't believe me lol.

i'm going to be making sequestered carbon from rice hulls. i'll show you guys. it's the best sequestered carbon for surface contact without clogging up your soi with dust...lol
Azos haha, water in mycos, teas that ain't, soil mixes without water... read ingredients, they're pathetic.
Super soil is lame... do they grow, yeah but not ideal. Wait add bat guano it's a super secret hippy truck, Greensand ok I agree let's wait years to become avail... lime yeah ok I'm in, perlite hell yeah I'm sure nothing better, coco well duh, RO well what else would you use, azomite gotta be the bomb, look at my plants! Worm farm feed with kitchen scraps, that's the best! Blood meal, bone meal, feather meal man so dank! Don't forget flush cause that somehow flushes your plants when if out seems like it just flushes soil, keep your lights high as fuck!? Of course physics show how much light is loss due to distance but that is so wrong.. inverse square law.. another myth..i keep my lights high and I get bomb herb

brazel

brazel

,ya this spot been like this for several years ,this is just the first turn and chop,what ive always done in the past is move in about a ton of mushroom compost,about 1/2 ton of course sand for air,and a ton of lime,breaks it up real good just takes a bit longer,,my old back wasnt old back then though,lmao
You've grown from this thou, right!? Sorry if I'm not up-to-date!

brazel

brazel

Can I explain the lion comment not to be egotistical but that's what some of these fight remind me of. I see it with other guys. They all gang up like wild dogs and all run in sneak a nip and retreat.
And try to incorporate real organics with processed... haha really!

The bottle nutrients is just the same as people that love margarine and high fructose corn syrup it's just some bullshit ass company trying to better so-called and this is dumb

brazel

brazel

@brazel convinced me to order some of coot genetics from swami organic seeds.
I donated for a 15 pack. Good prices.
'The Yogi' - The One x The Black/NL5haze

"The One" is Agnes cut. Kandahar 73x Thai stick 76

I'll be smoking genetics that @oldskol4evr was smoking in his Wildman days haha
Rad, did you order yet?

brazel

brazel

@brazel convinced me to order some of coot genetics from swami organic seeds.
I donated for a 15 pack. Good prices.
'The Yogi' - The One x The Black/NL5haze

"The One" is Agnes cut. Kandahar 73x Thai stick 76

I'll be smoking genetics that @oldskol4evr was smoking in his Wildman days haha
Cherry bomb is also rad and Nigerian sunshine so is Cascadian Frost man I haven't touched any of his I haven't loved. Pop them all, cull slow and mutant.

brazel

brazel

Limestone, water? unless you are making road asphalt
stop overloading your CEC, stop tilling, stop driving tanks over the top and you will stop getting an issue with compaction. there are many types of sand. coated, non coated, paramagnetic and so on, depends what you want to achieve there are a great deal of differences in how they are managed.
I recommend Mycorrhizae in clays.., also gypsum, humates, manures
Yeah I said that wasn't the best comparison cuz I also told you to ise straw but straw and clay is used for Adobe. I hope they want to achieve a radical soil and by that skip sand. Not trying to be rude or anything like that because you give a lot of great information and I value your knowledge but sand is just not ideal University of california-davis did a good study on sand and clay. There's just so much better input you could give. gypsum, humates, manures, yes but again there's better inputs. Of course they help I mean every respectable grower should know the benefits of gypsum but you need more. I'd always recommend mycorrhiza but buy the good shit look at spore count and species. Kis organics, build a soil and bioag imo are tops from what I seen. Could there be more sure but I got tired of researching especially when these are on point. Apply on roots. You can not say a better way. But like anything once it becomes hip I guess you say .... it's everywhere in all soil, bottled nutes....etc

Why you say overloading cec?
Yes stop tilling but I'll occasionally scratch the top inch.

Out of all the other ways to aerate you would use sand? What would your other choices be?

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

It sure can, but alcohols COME from microbial life. Things stop further fermenting when yeast "maxes out", whether running out of sugars, which can kill weak yeasts easily, but the hardier wild yeasts keep on multiplying for years at even ~10% ethanol, slowly driving that number up, until it runs out of sugars, or gets around twice that strength when making liquor.

I spray D-Limonene in 190 Everclear (Literally a spritz or two on stalks) on bait plants*, so that it evaporates quickly, very sticky stuff and very pungent drawing more ladybugs, hummingbirds, butterflies, Dr. Bronnner's Peppermint and Hemp Tea Tree soap as a mite killer/prevention, the mint kills mites/insects and the tea tree oil is a STRONG antimicrobial and antifungal, antibacterial. Fortunately, it's very PH neutral. Also fortunately, I wash crops before eating them. Had I any sort of mite problem on flowers which I could not fix with diatamaceous earth, I would rather spritz with Everclear than soap, because it evaporates and is food-safe. Though, I often have one lit while I spray my crops, so it doesn't seem exceptionally dangerous to smoke. Obviously the best preventative measure is to never have that problem, and thankfully I've learned that "companion planting", like using Korean Licorice Mint as "ground cover" (i.e. instead of grass, on top of soil with smart pots and the like) surrounding the base. It won't drive away or hurt arachnids.

*It is not at all just color and pungency, or rather perceptible pungency, colors which attract everything. My Tomatillos, albeit massive compared to the seedbanks.. lol.. drew more pests than I've ever seen on anything. They are known to be the oldest nightshade by tens or hundreds of thousands of years (IDR), but they have no smell, unlike the various tomatoes I've grown including this year. Saw adult Tomato horn worm/hawk moths almost every night through the summer, any gardener probably thinking "Oh fuck no..".. The only other plant it went to is ancient landrace NM chiles, and THAT ended entirely when I planted an older landrace tomatillo. Red Aztech Spinach is working just as well, and is a rainbow of color besides ancient. I have not tried planting licorice mint with either of those bait plants, but my end goal is using entirely plants rather than any sort of insecticide, even totally natural, and let the butterflies, spiders, and ladybugs enjoy them.
I got a little confused, please help me understand! You use diatamaceous earth for mites? How much do you sprinkle on? It must be quite a bit. What does it do to your flowers?

Imo diligence is the best method followed by bait plants. I've been growing since the late 90s and I had thrips before and something else but I cannot remember but I've never had anything else. I always change my clothes before into my room I don't invite other people over that come straight from their room I don't go from the outside garden to my inside Garden diligence is my number one.

Alcohol is pretty much everywhere in this world

brazel

brazel

combinations of organic acids and non plant related proteins tend to be the triggers for our plant defense. Certain organic acids are used by plants to prime tissues for defense, many of these OA's are innate characters of soil yeasts like Mycorrhizae, such as salicylic acid and jasmonic acid and are a critical part of balance between AMF and any host and are used by plants as a Growth Hormone and or to interact with Auxins for example. Lots of research still needs to be done since interactions across plants are almost as diverse as the numbers of plants themselves.

Tannins are linked to human headaches and feelings of sickness. I suspect CBN has higher levels of tannins associated with the continuing degradation of more valuable isomers through excess ETR1 as plants over ripen. Interestingly this ethylene accumulation which always occurs at the end of a plants cycle has a similar negative response to a-piene which also blocks biological nitrification processes in the soil. So our plants not only die through excessive ethylene but also through a lack of access to Nitrogen as soil biome communications become disrupted

Soil-phenotyping may provide us with answers ahead of planting, as to the true potential of any system. i am pleased to see this gaining some traction.
I agree there's not enough science in cannabis terps atm. One study I read said they unlocked the genes to terps another one said Terps are genetic and nothing can help them so that would be one of the best ways to come up for a marker of different strains. This is just what I read

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You've grown from this thou, right!? Sorry if I'm not up-to-date!
ya i always seem to go back to the roots of what works best for me,,shit bro i been down for 2 days with the back,i get all them rocks out that shit,it be some great soil time im done,first turn always is a nightmare,but when done you just feed the soil and let it rock with its magic,in about 5 years maybe amend it if needed,thats what im talking about,hahaha,shit 5 yrs from now i probally wont be able to garden ,so rock it while i can,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Double digging? Whats this
dig a trench a spade shovel deep about 2ft,throw the soil out of hole,take a fork and bust up bottom of hole ,to break compacted soil,move another 2 ft fill the hole in you just emptied,dont turn itjust move that top soil over and fill in that trench,same process over and over,when you get to end of roll,the soil you took out in the beginning goes in that empty spot,,you are maintaing the top soil just moving it foward 2 ft at a time,but breaking the compacted soil under it with the fork,im putting compost in that bottom layer before i move the top soil on top of it,,serious freaking work,but that soil is fluffy when done,lol and about 5inches taller from all the air your giving it

Top Bottom