Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Battling the damn mealy bugs still. Keeping their numbers down. Got some neem from ahisthma OTW. Should do a lot more damage to them. Good shit. They press at coldest temps possible. Why they're my only source now as far as cake and oil.
had them bitchs in my 4x8 raised bed,never got ride of them either,finally when i moved i dug whole ox up and brought soil wit me,amend and dig as many out as you can,i didnt have any predatory critters to eat um in the city,once i got out here and over 3 months of cooking the amends over winter last year ,critters did there job and grew tomato and citronella in them,,even after the snow my citronella is still holding on,lemon grass went dorment and i need to cut um back,but i have 4ft wide citronella plants growing in 5 gal buckets,cant say how tall they really are ,but standing 3ft,they top heavy but still going

Organikz

Organikz

had them bitchs in my 4x8 raised bed,never got ride of them either,finally when i moved i dug whole ox up and brought soil wit me,amend and dig as many out as you can,i didnt have any predatory critters to eat um in the city,once i got out here and over 3 months of cooking the amends over winter last year ,critters did there job and grew tomato and citronella in them,,even after the snow my citronella is still holding on,lemon grass went dorment and i need to cut um back,but i have 4ft wide citronella plants growing in 5 gal buckets,cant say how tall they really are ,but standing 3ft,they top heavy but still going
I think I'm going to grow some lemongrass in a 10g. No point in planting it in my bed...that canopy is closing fast.

Organikz

Organikz

This is good stuff. A couple drops could replace protect as an emulsifier [actually a solvent...better] and bam contact killer... pheromone destroyer! My plants need a break. They're infected with spinosad. I'll hit them with a tablespoon of neem tomorrow.

20171206 172201
Organikz

Organikz

Anyone working on ferments? My ferment fruit/ginger/mint ferment is stewing? Just wait until it's all liquid? I have like 3 gallon of kombucha and 10 scobys lol. 8 different ferments. Idk what I'm going to even do wirh the stuff. I do like using it to eat compost piles.

Organikz

Organikz

@Ecompost
Pretty interesting stuff I've been touching on, learning the role of the enzyme oxidase. I am really trying to wrap around this fully. This enzyme is partially what causes necrosis.

Here's where I am trying to understand how it works. Is it mobile or is it cemented in place? Does the plant control activation of oxidase or is it independent among eukaryotes?

Is this a preservation of life enzyme? Do plant control centers activate these enzymes? For instance a lizard will gladly shed it's tail to ensure survival. Do plants kill off parts that are using too much energy to repair when severely damaged? Is this why it can take a couple days to see damage done by UV for instance?

Thanks in advance. Please lay the info down

Sorry in advance guys. This is going to be some skull splitter.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

Here is my understanding now. The oxidase is already set in place. Each cell independently controls it's mortality. The activation of the oxidase enzyme would allow oxidization {the precursor to deconstruction}. Weak or exhausted cells will trigger activation of oxidase. This would sacrifice weak or dying cells so that energy can be put to use growing new cells.

So every time someone wants a diagnosis i should be like stop that oxidase man!!!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Anyone working on ferments? My ferment fruit/ginger/mint ferment is stewing? Just wait until it's all liquid? I have like 3 gallon of kombucha and 10 scobys lol. 8 different ferments. Idk what I'm going to even do wirh the stuff. I do like using it to eat compost piles.
now that you mention it,i do need to check my FPJ been 8 days cold days,so i doubt it ready

Ecompost

Ecompost

Here is my understanding now. The oxidase is already set in place. Each cell independently controls it's mortality. The activation of the oxidase enzyme would allow oxidization {the precursor to deconstruction}. Weak or exhausted cells will trigger activation of oxidase. This would sacrifice weak or dying cells so that energy can be put to use growing new cells.

So every time someone wants a diagnosis i should be like stop that oxidase man!!!
For every reaction there is a creation.
Oxidase comes in many forms, some of which utilise free Oxygen molecules as in the case of ACC Oxidase which i think is the main point of focus here, some catalyze the oxidation of monoamines as in those we find regulating the Mitochondria, others also exist of course.
They are part of the donor and exchange system if you will, and are in many ways responsible for the process which leads to senescence (plants aging), but also in the process of maintaining cell integrity/ function through life as with say L-Monoamine.
I think in this case you are primarily referring to Aminocyclopropanecarboxylate oxidase eg ACC. Do plants encode genes for the production of oxidase, yes :-) They are essential for cell function, but also for the initiation of decomposition as in the case of ACC and ETR-1 which leads to leaves falling off trees for example. ACC Oxidase is a transcription for the increased production of Ethylene (ETR-1).
You might see this as the management of radicals or not and the nature of time and energy. At the end of plants growth cycle, we see increased accumulation of such oxidase as a precursor to ethylene which initiates the degrading of the cells and so weakens the structure and integrity, killing the plant in such a way that it might be recycled to support future growth.
Does the cell have some in built timer from which it releases such reductive agents? Yes i suspect so, it is integral to the DNA.
Are Oxidase reactions up-regulated by microbial interactions, yes most likely too. For example, I can use microbial enzymes and nucleiods to reduce the impacts of oxidase, as in the case of the accumulation of ETR-1 receptors as plants age or are stressed by factors. I can use a secretion of a cyanbac, called ADH-1 to reduce the transcription of ETR-1, thus i can use this as a fruit wash, to preserve the shelf life of picked and harvested fruits. I can for example, use this in MJ to reduce the oxidative impacts on THC or CBD, allowing the retention of the compounds in non degraded forms for longer periods.
For me the use of mitigating enzymes which can then be used to delay the onset of ripening, or indeed induce it, is day to day now. Anyone growing with K+AMINO will be doing the same, using ADH-1 as an example
This is K+AMINO mate :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

@Ecompost crazy idea ,tell me your thought,is it possible to breed some weed pollen with wild lettuce in flower and then turn around and back cross to some great weed for seeds,,this wild lettuce i got had 4in of snow for 2 days on the bucket,shit dried up and it is the prettiest green and the leaves are praying to the sun,,to have that trait in one my breeds would be awesome for winter use if you dig,,the wild lettuce i got is lettuce opium[lactuca virosa] sound challenging right
no idea mate, this is not my field, i am a microbial and soil based dude, but I will ask among the team here as too how crazy an idea they think it might be.
I tend to allow everything and all ideas until we try it and it fails over and over :-).

Managing the cold....
I would use a foliar application of a Chitin based product (no later than week4 bloom) to stimulate increased pectin production, this would help to alleviate cold stress by reducing the freezing point of the internal fluids, simply increasing the concentration of sugars to water is really whats happening. I suspect the lettuce in question has higher than average levels of pectin and so is a great phenotype for future breeding projects where cold weather might be expected. I suspect this plant will also suffer less leaf biting than others you might have or have had? Can you confirm this?

Organikz

Organikz

For every reaction there is a creation.
Oxidase comes in many forms, some of which utilise free Oxygen molecules as in the case of ACC Oxidase which i think is the main point of focus here, some catalyze the oxidation of monoamines as in those we find regulating the Mitochondria, others also exist of course.
They are part of the donor and exchange system if you will, and are in many ways responsible for the process which leads to senescence (plants aging), but also in the process of maintaining cell integrity/ function through life as with say L-Monoamine.
I think in this case you are primarily referring to Aminocyclopropanecarboxylate oxidase eg ACC. Do plants encode genes for the production of oxidase, yes :) They are essential for cell function, but also for the initiation of decomposition as in the case of ACC and ETR-1 which leads to leaves falling off trees for example. ACC Oxidase is a transcription for the increased production of Ethylene (ETR-1).
You might see this as the management of radicals or not and the nature of time and energy. At the end of plants growth cycle, we see increased accumulation of such oxidase as a precursor to ethylene which initiates the degrading of the cells and so weakens the structure and integrity, killing the plant in such a way that it might be recycled to support future growth.
Does the cell have some in built timer from which it releases such reductive agents? Yes i suspect so, it is integral to the DNA.
Are Oxidase reactions up-regulated by microbial interactions, yes most likely too. For example, I can use microbial enzymes and nucleiods to reduce the impacts of oxidase, as in the case of the accumulation of ETR-1 receptors as plants age or are stressed by factors. I can use a secretion of a cyanbac, called ADH-1 to reduce the transcription of ETR-1, thus i can use this as a fruit wash, to preserve the shelf life of picked and harvested fruits. I can for example, use this in MJ to reduce the oxidative impacts on THC or CBD, allowing the retention of the compounds in non degraded forms for longer periods.
For me the use of mitigating enzymes which can then be used to delay the onset of ripening, or indeed induce it, is day to day now. Anyone growing with K+AMINO will be doing the same, using ADH-1 as an example
This is K+AMINO mate :)
I fucking knew it. I blew some lids off when I made the connection. Someome even made a snarky remark. I dont even think coot has touched on it. He may find it to be too complicated to bother with or he might not know. I stumbled on it. I just notice my plant will not undergo senescense if I keep feeding barley.

jipp

jipp

yo, old skewl. i have a question. i really suck at collecting pollen. i know you are a out side dude.

so how did you collect your pollen from the male that busted a nut over his herium during the eclips?

wont the wind blow all the pollen away before you get a chance to try to save some?

i need work on clones, and collecting pollen and more of course.. you do not stop learning that is for sure.. or if you do you may as well turn your tv on you will accomplish the same. laughs.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

no idea mate, this is not my field, i am a microbial and soil based dude, but I will ask among the team here as too how crazy an idea they think it might be.
I tend to allow everything and all ideas until we try it and it fails over and over :).

Managing the cold....
I would use a foliar application of a Chitin based product (no later than week4 bloom) to stimulate increased pectin production, this would help to alleviate cold stress by reducing the freezing point of the internal fluids, simply increasing the concentration of sugars to water is really whats happening. I suspect the lettuce in question has higher than average levels of pectin and so is a great phenotype for future breeding projects where cold weather might be expected. I suspect this plant will also suffer less leaf biting than others you might have or have had? Can you confirm this?
no leaf burn at all,none,they are thriving in the same 5 gal buckets right now,they and everything else had 4in of snow on it for 2 days before it melted,i thought well maybe it will stop growth and go dormant,they still havent,thats what gave me the idea,lol,just a little something that got me interested in maybe a strain with the opium in the juice mixed with thc ,well ive smoke real thai stick and the thought came to mind with that,,this is my first time knowenly growing wild lettuce,ive cut the shit every year as a weed not knowing it has medical benifits,but with them in the back yard im keeping a close eye on how they grow and waiting for them to flower to see if it is even possible,probally not but if it would dammit boy there be some medicine

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

yo, old skewl. i have a question. i really suck at collecting pollen. i know you are a out side dude.

so how did you collect your pollen from the male that busted a nut over his herium during the eclips?

wont the wind blow all the pollen away before you get a chance to try to save some?

i need work on clones, and collecting pollen and more of course.. you do not stop learning that is for sure.. or if you do you may as well turn your tv on you will accomplish the same. laughs.
what i do is leave the male with the ladies,let that wind blow and dust there ass good,when i come out in the morning before wind gets going,i check to make sure at least 1/3 of the plants have pollen blooms on it,,they will just lay on the leaf,until wind blows um off,i left mine for a week when he first bust a nut,after the week again first light before wind gets going,i got one them huge leaf sacks from the depot,i took and put the sack loosly over the plant and taped the sack to the stalk on bottom,then cut the stud down,turn the sack right side up and shake the shit out of it for a couple days,try not to disturb the dust in bottom to much there be the flower heads and all in there,but once you take plant out,roll the bag down slow till you get to bottom,just gently pick flower head out as much as possible and in the very bottom of the bag,you will see the pollen sticking to sides of bag and loose in the bottom,collect it,if you cant get all the flower heads out put in a jar with the pollen,,there probaly wont be much,but 1 qtip full of it goes a long way,,i dont have the patients to do it like you and others do it,or the place for that fact of waiting for the dust to fall to paper below,lmao

brazel

brazel

Paper bag on the branch.
Typically when you see balls within seven days they'll open. Dry it before you store it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom