Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ceveres

Ceveres

sounds like a good plan,i use azomite myself,and reapply about every 3 months,also oyster shell meal,comes in chunks and will tear a grub or slug ass up,lmao
Good deal. I'm gonna mix it up, put it in bins, add oats and wet it. Gonna try potting 1 or 2 before cooking and 1 or 2 after and see what happens.

You guys would wanna kick me lol especially Organikz if his ass is still floating around here haha got some Foliage Pro and decided to try out a DWC Hydro experiment.. holy shit these plants are like on steroids! They better taste like shit when they're done otherwise I might be moving to the dark side !! Lmao! :cry:

Rcubed

Rcubed

Good deal. I'm gonna mix it up, put it in bins, add oats and wet it. Gonna try potting 1 or 2 before cooking and 1 or 2 after and see what happens.

You guys would wanna kick me lol especially Organikz if his ass is still floating around here haha got some Foliage Pro and decided to try out a DWC Hydro experiment.. holy shit these plants are like on steroids! They better taste like shit when they're done otherwise I might be moving to the dark side !! Lmao! :cry:
I think Organikz got himself banned. I'd be interested to see how your DWC goes. Gotta have an open mind to learn. I'm with Oldskol in that I prefer the outdoor organic weed but I've had some hydro weed that aint bad at all.

Ceveres

Ceveres

I think Organikz got himself banned. I'd be interested to see how your DWC goes. Gotta have an open mind to learn. I'm with Oldskol in that I prefer the outdoor organic weed but I've had some hydro weed that aint bad at all.
Lmao doesn't surprise me hahaha he always liked pushing buttons lol

The giant plant with huge leaves is the DWC. Might have to dedicate an entire light to it haha thing is just as old as the others and light years ahead. Besides, it's so much cheaper. Only 2 products and I only change the rez every week or 2.
20180311 165319

20180311 165303

Last one is my current soil grow .. loving the colors this bitch is throwing, added a watermark cause people been trying to claim pics as their own lately. Too lazy to mark the others haha
LogoLicious 20180311 134043

M

MrGreenGreen

The giant plant with huge leaves is the DWC. Might have to dedicate an entire light to it haha thing is just as old as the others and light years ahead. Besides, it's so much cheaper. Only 2 products and I only change the rez every week or 2. View attachment 784479
View attachment 784480

Last one is my current soil grow .. loving the colors this bitch is throwing, added a watermark cause people been trying to claim pics as their own lately. Too lazy to mark the others haha
View attachment 784481
I'm glad he got the boot. The guy had 0 knowledge and his buds are poop. Anyway...oyster shell flour is different than ground oyster shells. You want oyster shell flour

Rcubed

Rcubed

The giant plant with huge leaves is the DWC. Might have to dedicate an entire light to it haha thing is just as old as the others and light years ahead. Besides, it's so much cheaper. Only 2 products and I only change the rez every week or 2. View attachment 784479
View attachment 784480

View attachment 784481
Wow! I might have to throw a bucket down for the hell of it. Looks pretty easy to do.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i tried coco once,a total freaking nightmare for me,to much work,shit got down though,if it were legal in my state i would probally roll a hydro,i just cant see the cost for something that could be taken if you dig,hydro equal quanity and would bring some change around the frontier here for sure hahah.
hell i believe in smoking some flower and dont really care what medium its grown in as long as the same thing happens,STONED lmao,i roll with soil cause i have 2 outdoor gardens and then a tent,with the 3 im pretty busy lol

Ceveres

Ceveres

Wow! I might have to throw a bucket down for the hell of it. Looks pretty easy to do.
Dude I'm blown away for real. Don't know how flower is gonna go but yet but we shall see! Super simple, I'm using tap water thru a carbon filter (140ppm), Foliage Pro and Protekt pH 5.8, 440ish ppm to start, upped to 640ish on first veg change-out. A little Hydroguard to keep slime down and some SLF-100 for salt buildup and you're golden. So I lied, it's like 4 bottles, 5 if you count pH down buffer lol but those last 2 are only 2ml/gal. Could prob get away with skipping the SLF-100, but I already had it.

Only thing I would change is to add a reservoir because these drink a lot when they're this big and I have to top them off with fresh water almost every day. Otherwise I'd say just a bucket with a netpot and airstone is the way to go.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Man it's really good to talk to you guys again. Looks like the gangs all here lol except @Organikz, if only he could keep his mouth shut lmao You guys all good? @Rcubed @oldskol4evr @Farmer P @Ecompost, By the way E, the website looks awesome. Quite the upgrade from the old one! Very visually appealing and a lot easier to navigate.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Man it's really good to talk to you guys again. Looks like the gangs all here lol except @Organikz, if only he could keep his mouth shut lmao You guys all good? @Rcubed @oldskol4evr @Farmer P @Ecompost, By the way E, the website looks awesome. Quite the upgrade from the old one! Very visually appealing and a lot easier to navigate.
i like it too,trying to talk him into some videos from around the farm there,farming is the life for me hahah,i think i could get real close to farming oranges

K

kansabis

yeah that locust is a good tree, its a Nitrogen fixing tree so grows super fast as well. We have this on the farm with some Moringa circling some new avacado, guava and dragon fruit trees. Plus I really like the honey from that locust blossom too
Only thing I don't like about the locust is getting a thorn in your hand or foot,definitely not fun.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Here I'll contribute to the organic thread with some organics since I hijacked it with my DWC experiment lmao

20180313 001505

20180313 011136

Mixing this up was way more of a bitch than I expected. :drunk: Even with the snow shovel!

Ecompost

Ecompost

Only thing I don't like about the locust is getting a thorn in your hand or foot,definitely not fun.
hahahaha you know how many times i have been spiked by trees.......hundreds this year alone. We even bred oranges over here without the spikes. Harvest takes some time and considerable skill to walk away without being jabbed and or drawing blood. My trees and i have shared genetic data over many occasions, they are probably getting all the P they need from me :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

thanks buddy, I really appreciate your kind words.

Yeah Orgi is nuts. His passion runs his fingers too often and i wish it didnt, but like i told him too, i was like that. When i found out about nutrients and how much of a waste most are, I was all up in peoples faces, but time and learning calms minds like mine and I have become a tad more refined in how I approach those living life a different way to me.

I like the guy but for his need to jump on peoples ankles from a flatbed truck when he disagrees. Who knows, may be he will come back and re bless us with his wit and not his force :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

Brooksville florida still has their old oak hanging tree... Its in front of the court house
ha they used gallows here, but I did once see a dude hanging from an oak tree when i was waking to the corner shop on acid after a night raving. At first i thought he was levitating, then I realized he was dead and had hung himself. We on acid where first to find him. It was pretty rare and i can still see his face when I close my eyes. never knew him but it was pretty mad never the less.

Ecompost

Ecompost

The bugs for sure are a concern of mine. Remember I'm in Michigan so this pile had to be damn near frozen about 2-3 weeks ago and finally thawed this week or last. You think it still may pose a problem indoors? I know it's not ideal and the main component I'm missing is a rock dust, but what I have is :

A 3.8cf Pro-Mix HP(Spagnum, perlite, Myco's, and a wetting agent)
Homade compost prob 5gals
About 1/3 a bag left of "Wiggle Worm" EWC
More Perlite (bc I already had a huge f*kn bag)
Dolomite Lime (like 45lb from 5 yrs ago lmao)
Alfalfa meal
Kelp meal
Neem meal
Sea Bird guano 0-11-0
And some used soil about 6 gals containing pumice and perlite but probably not much nutrition.

I just bought a bunch of 15 gal fabric pots and want to try a few no-till pots. But am unsure of the ratios. I have some Bio-Ag TM-7 and a Malibu compost tea bag rocking in 4 gals of water to moisten this and the plants I have in veg. I'm hoping the TM-7 can supplement trace elements since I couldn't get my hands on any basalt or similar. I kinda wanted to try granite dust but haven't been able to source it yet. The only thing I can get is azomite locally so I would have to order anything online.

Am I way too far off target here?
you could try collecting leaf litter and use this to supplement minerals. Any Algas will work too, seaweed i mean and you are using kelp so...

as for compost, there isnt a problem using this. I wouldnt worry too much, if anything run nematodes over the pile and relax
one of these inputs would work alone mate, just try to balance the C/N ratio so your plant gets access as it needs it, this is a short day crop, annual, so you dont need it after a year, but you will need it for up to 4-5 months for example.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Here I'll contribute to the organic thread with some organics since I hijacked it with my DWC experiment lmao

View attachment 784650
View attachment 784651

Mixing this up was way more of a bitch than I expected. :drunk: Even with the snow shovel!
hahaah right,i got a routine now,lol,5 gal bucket of compost,1/2 bucket each perlite and vermiculite,another half bucket of compost,stir stir stir,easiest in my opinion,lol then i add 1 1/2 buckets of peat moss with my amends and believe it or not it is way easier to stir from that point

Latest posts

Top Bottom