Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Can Anybody Tell Me...

Discussion in 'Hydroponics' started by BiggDee, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Wassup y'all back with my practice plant wondering if this can be a light issue or root issue or both.......if you can zoom in on the leaves..... Thanks

IMG_20180713_014911.jpg
    IMG_20180713_015015.jpg
    IMG_20180713_015027.jpg
    Ar.BsG likes this.
  2. DGP

DGP

Pictures of the root mass? What's your water temps running? Other environmental parameters?

Dee

Ar.BsG likes this.
  3. Temp in bucket 75° without frozen bottle

IMG_20180713_022934.jpg
    IMG_20180713_022951.jpg
    GT21 likes this.
  4. DGP

DGP

My opinion is anything over 68f is in the danger zone. I have seen root rot many times and the only thing that ultimately worked was investing in a chiller and using recirculating hydro. Single bucket DWC can be very challenging because If you grow at optimum 78 to 80F air temp then eventually your water will get very close to 78F. If you use AC to get the room air down so the water Temps are acceptable the plants won't grow as fast as they should. I tried all kinds of experiments to get the water Temps under control but in the end it was like chasing one's own tail.

Dee

GT21 and JWM2 like this.
  5. This was informative.. thanks

6. So true but I had to try it other than keep the water cool it was fun...going to go with foxfarm or coco.....

7. DGP

DGP

Coco is nice cause it is like hydro. Fairly small pots can yield big. Also easy to automate your watering but soil can be more forgiving.

Best wishes,

Dee

Nebulis and JWM2 like this.
  8. Yes that what I keep hearing about soil plus I just want to water in go crazy work hours

9. I can get one of my women to water and feed for me when I do a double but explaining Dwc to them is out...lls...

10. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

You know I was giving someone locally some starting tips and told them I’d hold their hand through their first few grows. Told them how to mix the soil and the recipe and they came back with we are going to do DWC cuz we read it’s better. I tried to tell them that if they’ve never grown before that it’s much less forgiving and if something goes wrong it can go downhill in a heartbeat but they weren’t hearing it. Ahh well. I wished them the best of luck and went about my life. Haven’t heard back since.

I agree hydro is great for many reasons and growth rates can’t be matched by any other medium. However if you are just starting out and don’t have some experience with it then you could be in for a rude awakening when things do go south.

Sorry to sidetrack the conversation it’s just your original post reminded me of that.

11. Oh it fun learned a lot got pH n nutes down just not trying to spend $250+ for a chiller

JWM2 likes this.
  12. Oh it fun learned a lot got pH n nutes down just not trying to spend $250+ for a chiller
    Don't know bout them but I'll take that knowledge in any recipe you willing to offer

JWM2 likes this.
  13. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

It’s super simple. Here goes:

1/3 Perlite
    1/3 Coco Coir
    1/3 Foxfarm Ocean Forest

It offers great drainage and trace nutrients for the first couple weeks. Easy to make and works great.

You can add other ingredients to it if you like or just use it as it is.

15. That's what exactly what I got written down but I had ffof n happy frog.... Kool I'll go with that..I like simple.... Thanks

16. Not bad on pockets either...lol

JWM2 likes this.
  17. My bad mines was
    Perlite
    Light warrior
    Ocean forest
    Coco coir

JWM2 likes this.
  18. Growing for only 13 week, I used fox farm ocean Forrest and discovered the ppms on a tiny little plant was in the 1900-2100's ...Whoa!.. but the soil is awesome its just a way to hot for the little ladies at first,
    5 weeks ago i was just growing cherry pie.
    Now i have four blue dreams who stared with ffof and ending off with happy frog. they are beautiful and no issues as of yet ..crossing fingers .. cherry pie, my first grow gave me plenty of issues in first 5 of 13 weeks .. she was just ffof only.

19. DGP

DGP

Yeah, I have done slurry tests on some of the "ready to use" mixes like FFOF and seen real high numbers.

Dee