Can Anyone Tell Me What's Wrong With This Girl?

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

It's an Auto #1 from autoseeds, and it's 46 days from sprout. Been having this problem for a couple weeks now where some leaves at different areas of the plant will start to change in color and dry up to a crisp at the edges, and work up the leaf. Most leaves are fine, but still concerning non the less. NPK ratio is 12-4-8, and each feeding has been at 20% strength. Humidity has only been in the 40-50% range since sprout, and temps have been consistently the mid 70's. Lighting has been 224w from 6 4ft t5 bulbs.

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this girl

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this girl 2

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this girl 3

chuey316

chuey316

I water when the soil feels dry up to my 1st knuckle or so, although every 2nd to 3rd watering I'd let them go an extra 12-24hrs because I've read that it promotes root growth. Last grow was 3 cash crop auto's. All 3 got stunted at sprout, with one being only half the size of the "bigger" 2 in the end. Pulled 4.75oz dry. Not great, but a good start I suppose.

chuey316

chuey316

Thanks Dunge. I was afraid to go any higher. Alsways heard that auto's are super touchy with nutes. I'll up it to 25% with tonight's feeding and see if it helps.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

12-4-8....look at the clawing leaves. Too much N. The newer growth is pretty green, and I'm not seeing the tips being burnt off on the newer growth. Try cutting the N in half, and give it a few days. Cannabis doesn't need much N at all to thrive. If you're adding cal mag, that's more N you're adding to the mix. It's not too bad, should clear up in a couple

Leew421

Leew421

You have mag issues too me. Common issue. I'm not sure how much youre watering or feeding at a time but could be lock out from too much build up. You can run a lot of flush and then add low dose of cal-mag and bloom booster to help push out. I prefer doing Epsom salt but at minimal and using calcium by itself in liquid form fully chelated. Are you getting spots too?

chuey316

chuey316

Thanks everyone. The plants had 3 feedings so far. The first 2 feedings were separated by a watering with no nutes. I water every 2-3 days on average. I test the soil using my finger. If the soil feels dry up to my 1st knuckle or above it water with a 1/2 gallon. I'm using 3gl pots. Should I use more water?

Dunge

Dunge

Heft the pots.
Feel the water.
Add water when thirsty.

B

Blaiz

Soilless mix? Check ph may be acidic. Is water low in minerals (no buffer)water may be driving down ph causing lockout.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

looks like a classic lock out to me,,the edges of leaves is saying mag,starting from bottom of plant up,cal would work from the viens,,i think you have locked it out with all the nitrogen ,you feeding it,,also you can cause a lock out from lack of air movement,do you have good flow threw the room or tent,several factors come into play ,,but adding cal mag aint gonna do anything but start more problems,,there is reason for the lock out,air is very important and makes the plant transpire at a greater rate making the plant desire the need to exceed,,just my opinion but equal air in and out is a major factor,,think about a outdoor plant for a second,they never have cal mag issues,why,because the air makes them stand at guard all the time for its needs,add extreme temps and humidity in with that,and that bitch be sweating out there and gets to a point were it just shuts down,same looks come on the plant as yours,throw a fan in front of it and new growth is fine,just from a fan if you dig,,this plant sweats just as we do,and hot wind is better than no wind if you dig,,so im thinking cut that n down by half cause it just dont need all that,,you can scratch n into top of soil and water it in,,but make sure you have proper wind flow,,like i said my opinion only,,hope it works out for you ,cause we all need the herb,lmao

chuey316

chuey316

Thanks for the help everybody, I really appreciate it.

Or air flow I have an 80 CFM exhaust fan and a 8" fan blowing inside the cab.

Should I go ahead and flush the pot?

chuey316

chuey316

Checked on the plant last night and it was looking worse. A few more crispy leaves and about half that were turning colors. Gave the pot a good flush and will check again tonight when I get off of work to see how it's looking.

chuey316

chuey316

Sorry for the delay in updating. Here's what she's looking like right now.
20171011 223635

20171011 223339

Temps range from 73-75f through the day, and the humidity is 51-53%

I have another Auto #1 in the cab, using the same soil and nutes. It's had no kind of training, and is very short, and looks like it'll be mostly all a single cola. It's looking healthy, and is definitely coming along much faster in the flowering process.

chuey316

chuey316

Would I be ok to trim the leaves, or at least the crispy ones while I try to fix this?

chuey316

chuey316

I trimmed the crispy leaves and any really bad looking ones, a few each day or two until done. After flushing, I started bloom nutes at 25%, and she reacted well, and no more leaves drying up. I've raised the nutes a little with each feeding, and am at 35% right now, and still doing ok.

Last edited:
Top Bottom