Can I Jar Moist Bud Over Night Without Mold?

• Thread starter Aslan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aslan

As the title says, can I jar some buds that are still moist (3rd day of drying) over night without it turning bad? It would be something like 7-9 hours, then back to drying.

The reason I ask this is because it's drying quite quickly and I've had harvests that seemed like they could hang for another day and then dry up waay too much over night, giving me only 4-5 days of drying before I need to jar it to retain some of the moisture.

Any advice or info would be great!

G gnome

G gnome

As the title says, can I jar some buds that are still moist (3rd day of drying) over night without it turning bad? It would be something like 7-9 hours, then back to drying.

The reason I ask this is because it's drying quite quickly and I've had harvests that seemed like they could hang for another day and then dry up waay too much over night, giving me only 4-5 days of drying before I need to jar it to retain some of the moisture.

I wudnt jar it.

Put it in some paper grocery bags w the top folded over. Thank me later

A

Aslan

I wudnt jar it.

Put it in some paper grocery bags w the top folded over. Thank me later
Yeah they are in a brown paper bag right now but still drying pretty fast. Maybe if I put the bag inside a plastic bag but keep it open slightly?

Since I started with the paper bags I've managed to add another day to the drying process. Since my harvests so far have been pretty small the humidity is too low in the dry room for it to slow dry.

G gnome

G gnome

Yeah they are in a brown paper bag right now but still drying pretty fast. Maybe if I put the bag inside a plastic bag but keep it open slightly?

Since I started with the paper bags I've managed to add another day to the drying process. Since my harvests so far have been pretty small the humidity is too low in the dry room for it to slow dry.
Use a humidifier in ur drying area

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Depends on how much air space (or lack there of) is in the jar

Monster762

Monster762

tried putting in container that limits airflow in the same dry room. I sometimes just let jar sit with lid off. Then once a day flip the buds around. It still dries but slows it and does not trap the nastiness. If you seal up with too much moisture a few hours will make it all smell n taste like seaweed. And usually when you think it’s dry. It ain’t.

Monster762

Monster762

tried putting in container that limits airflow in the same dry room. I have just let jar sit with lid off. Then once a day flip the buds around. It still dries but slows it and does not trap the nastiness. If you seal up with too much moisture a few hours will make it all smell n taste like seaweed. And usually when you think it’s dry. It ain’t. The paper bag will pull moisture from inside the buds outward but it absorbs in bag and dries. Unlike jar where that extra moisture is stagnant. Jars are really only good for already 100% dry ready to go bud. All that burping n all is bs. Extra jar Curing bs. If you got good bud n flushed it good no cure none of that bs necessary. I’ve dried buds in a microwave that didn’t need a cure. Pure lemon flavored dank. Actually if it feels crazy dry losing smell put in container with lid microwave 20 seconds then open that container moisture back and the dank that left is back too. Do not go over 20 seconds I know I’ll get blasted for that

tifosi

tifosi

I trim and dry at the same time and use rubber maid gallon plastic containers.this way i am not unjaring all the time and knocking off the tricks,just open for an hour or so and a week later your weed is ready to jar

Monster762

Monster762

I trim and dry at the same time and use rubber maid gallon plastic containers.this way i am not unjaring all the time and knocking off the tricks,just open for an hour or so and a week later your weed is ready to jar
Agree on the Rubbermaid. Someone blast me on here before about plastic but those food containers are the chit. Like you said I get big flat ones and just open at first then I leave closed. They dry even closed just real slow. It pretty much makes 1week hang and a week in plastic n it’s good as it’s getting. I keep in those containers afterwards too. Just bag it up to keep moist longer.

A

Aslan

I ended up putting the paper bag inside a plastic bag over night, it seemed to do the trick, the buds had some humidity left but there wasn't any disgusting hay smell. I put them in a jar now but I'm leaving the lid half open until the stem snaps a little easier.

Reactions: Ina
Madmax

Madmax

I used a plastic tupperware container for like decades.still do..i hang for 10-14 days then goes into a draw for another 4 -5 days..seems buds are all different sizes this is where i use the tupperware container and put near a window with sun shinning on it this makes the buds sweat and it distributes all the moisture evenly through all the buds .they feel warm and damp .ill leave lid off out of sun for 10 mins and close .ill do this 2-3 times depending...
Then into a jar.i undo lid in couple days and check buds out....i dont hear it burp either..lmfao..

gwheels

gwheels

If you have moisture issues with your buds put them on a cardboard square thing like you get a the grocery store that had cans.
Give it 30 minutes back in the jars. Do that a couple of days. Sometimes in an ensuite bathroom with the fan going when it was not legal. Or i wasnt or whatever. Now we are :D

K

Kbye

I got my humidifier from good will, $3. Cheap old one but it works. Puts out warm mist so I only run it for 30mins or so.

NHDbooler45

NHDbooler45

The trick is to dry and cure the buds as slowly as possible.
I typically put mine on a drying rack with a fan point away for air circulation. After 3-4 days (or whenever the outside of the buds are dried), I put them in jars and 3 times I day mix it and leave the tip open for 10 minutes. After about a week and a half I do that 2 days a week for another week then once a week for a week. After that the lid stays on and it cures for 2 weeks.
If condensation builds on the jar, too wet, if after a day or so the outsides are rehydrated, your dried them too much.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter

I would say yes, but only if they had a few days of drying on them before being jarred up overnight. he drier they are beforehand, the better... IMO. I wouldn't go much longer than 9 hours until I saw how they were after treatment... if they showed ANY signs of mold/mildew before you sealed them up, I would seriously consider NOT sealing them since unseen mold can still be present and can pop up very quickly if already in place.
SO... if they aren't sopping wet, you should be good for overnight. Keeping them cooler is preferred. If they are very wet or previously had mold issues, I would NOT seal them up overnight.

Top Bottom