Can I Veg With 60w Light?

• Thread starter spyderaz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

spyderaz

I have germinated 4 seeds and was wondering, can I keep them going in veg with a ordinary 60w lamp? I'm not bothered if they grow slowly, I just don't want to lose them as I don't have space for them yet as my 2 tents are full.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

What kind of light? I've grown with WAY underpowered CFL bulbs when I first started and although they didn't die, the plants looked like tiny mutant clones of regular plants lol they were cute, but just not enough energy for em to grow like I wanted em to. I doubt it would kill em but they wouldn't be as happy as they could be

K

kansabis

60w of led bulbs or cfl will keep em alive with eventually slowed growth once they get bigger but plz don't use a standard old school house bulb. I'm gunna have to do something similar to this as I only have room for 1 tent and need to keep clones alive and begging while tent is in flower. Good luck

xavier7995

xavier7995

Tbh, underpowering you light to keep clones or veg plants small/in stasis is a reasonable approach. I have a tote full being lit by a 15w cfl, they aren't really growing but are still alive, been like 3 weeks now. The one big issue I have encountered with this is to be very careful watering as they don't drink much at all and it is easy to create conditions for molds/rot/etc from always being damp. I water light and add a bit of h2o2 in coco to combat that, they get sprayed with fungicide if I have some on hand.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

You could build a cfl light box.

Search that online and see the pics. If you had 6, 23w cfl u could veg to a point with it. Start things off n clone.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Look up cfl hood. Guys diy cfl and aluminum ducting to make a good reflector

Then add 8 23 or 42w bulbs in it.

Cfl will never have the power of a cheap led, or a 150 hps tho

Top Bottom