Can Slightly Dried Up Seeds Still Sprout?

• Thread starter Greenleaf12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenleaf12

7 days ago I planted my germinated seeds and none of them have sprouted yet. They germinated by being in water for 48 hours, cracked the shell and had white tails. Then planted into an organic mix that was fresh out of the bag 1 inch deep in small cups. It sat under a 1200 Watt LED light (too much, i know now), 22 inches away, for 3-4 days with very little watering. The humidity is around 45RH with a temp of 70 degrees. It is a white willow and super skunk strain. In the last 2 days I have watered/misted severals times, every 10 hours or so and switched to a 700 Watt light.

Are my seeds dried up?? Can they bounce back if they are not completely dried up? Any recommendations?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

7 days ago I planted my germinated seeds and none of them have sprouted yet. They germinated by being in water for 48 hours, cracked the shell and had white tails. Then planted into an organic mix that was fresh out of the bag 1 inch deep in small cups. It sat under a 1200 Watt LED light (too much, i know now), 22 inches away, for 3-4 days with very little watering. The humidity is around 45RH with a temp of 70 degrees. It is a white willow and super skunk strain. In the last 2 days I have watered/misted severals times, every 10 hours or so and switched to a 700 Watt light.

Are my seeds dried up?? Can they bounce back if they are not completely dried up? Any recommendations?
it could take a few days more..(I think a lil too deep... (.5) inches is max for me..also 48hrs is a bit long to soak..24hrs or until a seed sinks here)..just would leave them be and watch..not to disturb things either..JMO..
edit: and do continue to keep things moist to make a tap root search for water..

Toaster79

Toaster79

They could take a bit longer at that depth. Get yourself a spray bottle and spray the surface of the abundantly to keep it moist and back off your light. You could also take tweezers or a toothpick and go searching for the seed. Hope the soil covering those seeds isn't too compact as they might have trouble penetrating the surface.

That 1200W light, how much power does it pull from the wall?

G

Greenleaf12

They could take a bit longer at that depth. Get yourself a spray bottle and spray the surface of the abundantly to keep it moist and back off your light. You could also take tweezers or a toothpick and go searching for the seed. Hope the soil covering those seeds isn't too compact as they might have trouble penetrating the surface.

That 1200W light, how much power does it pull from the wall?
Thanks, I hope so.. - Avg. Power Draw: 529watt

M

Mikerobiolik

I literally picked a hunk of moss off a huge moss patch and slit holes in the moss put inserted seeds put in a short mason jar holes on lid . Put it in the sun I sprouts and had 4 leaves in on each in 72 hrs . OHH I also cracked each seed before inserting. Hopefully help or at least next time

M

Mikerobiolik

I “literally picked a hunk of moss off a huge moss patch and slit holes in the moss put inserted seeds put in a short mason jar holes on lid . Put it in the sun I sprouts and had 4 leaves in on each in 72 hrs . OHH I also cracked each seed before inserting. Hopefully help or at least next time “

Latest posts

Top Bottom