Can You Compact Coco Too Much?

• Thread starter Greenshark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenshark

As the title states really. My 23 litre rizzo pots always seem to take 29-30? Am I compacting it too much. My potting technique is fill the pot with coco until the rizzo has enough so that the pot I'm putting in is level with the rim. I do compact it down. Not like putting a huge amount of pressure but enough so it compacts down. I then saturate this with my feed till I get about 15 percent run off. I then remove the plant from the pot and place In the middle. Fill the remaining area with coco and again push down around the edges till it's compact'ish. I then water the area of new coco and I put 1 litre In the centre. Around the base of the plant. I always end up using maybe 28-29 litres of coco in a 23 litre pot? Anyone else experience this?

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

As the title states really. My 23 litre rizzo pots always seem to take 29-30? Am I compacting it too much. My potting technique is fill the pot with coco until the rizzo has enough so that the pot I'm putting in is level with the rim. I do compact it down. Not like putting a huge amount of pressure but enough so it compacts down. I then saturate this with my feed till I get about 15 percent run off. I then remove the plant from the pot and place In the middle. Fill the remaining area with coco and again push down around the edges till it's compact'ish. I then water the area of new coco and I put 1 litre In the centre. Around the base of the plant. I always end up using maybe 28-29 litres of coco in a 23 litre pot? Anyone else experience this?
Your doing everything right. Coco is fluff. More compaction is good in my opinion. I do it just like you do, never had any issues. My brand is measured in cubic ft. so I really never paid any attention to how much I use to fill a pot. Just be sure it's moist and not soaking or dripping wet when you compact it. Just my opinion. Pease and great success in your grow.

G

Greenshark

Your doing everything right. Coco is fluff. More compaction is good in my opinion. I do it just like you do, never had any issues. My brand is measured in cubic ft. so I really never paid any attention to how much I use to fill a pot. Just be sure it's moist and not soaking or dripping wet when you compact it. Just my opinion. Pease and great success in your grow.
Sorry for the delayed response. That's very good to hear! Thanks for the reply!

Latest posts

Top Bottom