Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Can You Pres High Cbd Hemp And Get High Cbd Rosin?

Discussion in 'Concentrates & Processing' started by Mr.jiujitsu, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Can you pres high cbd hemp and get high cbd rosin?

Please discuss

NHWhites, Mr Bee and FutureGrower like this.
  2. 4plant

4plant

I doubt it. Rosin pressing works because of the high consideration of oils or resin in a small area I would think hemp doesn’t have consintrated amounts enough to yield anything. Other extraction mentors would probly work better

3. NHWhites

NHWhites

I think you’d need the proper strain with a lot of resin and oil. I saw some hemp kush e1 that looks incredible

Mr.jiujitsu and 4plant like this.
  4. Have you looked at flower hemp flowers in person before? They look just like
    Canabiss flowers. Just curious if anyone has tried it. I guess I’ll May need to do
    Some
    More
    Research

NHWhites likes this.
  5. NHWhites

NHWhites

Yeah it looks and smells just like cannabis flower. I’m sure it can be done. I just don’t know what the yield % would be

6. The ones I smelled had no frangrance just gorgeous flowers

7. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Would be interesting to know for sure.

Mr.jiujitsu likes this.
  8. 4plant

4plant

Honestly I’ve never seen one before if it’s the same and has a good volume of CBD maybe you will be OK? You should do some reading on “CBD crew” website they do a ton of testing and found the combination of just a little bit of THC like 4% in combination with CBD has way better affects than just hemp derived CBD.

Mr.jiujitsu likes this.
  9. Well hemp to be grow in bulk legally can’t have thc in it (here) and I have fields so
    I’m coming to grow a bit of high cbd, and was wondering could press this? I just had hoped someone here might have tried.....

10. 4plant

4plant

Fair enough, sounds like a good idea. if pressing doesn’t work you could always use a dry ice extraction or another method either way you’ll end up with a whole bunch of CBD

11. Why hemp? There are sativa/indica hybrids that have been bred to have very high CBD with very low THC. I’ve never looked at a hemp flower...you’ve piqued my curiosity

Mr.jiujitsu likes this.
  12. I can't remember what this is called. It's supposed to be 10% THC & 5% CBD.
    It smells very yummy and as you can see, there's definitely something there to press off.

I have not tried pressing, but it looks like it would work to me.
    This pic is about 50 daze.

CBD.JPG
  13. Rosin Pressing CBD hemp flower (15%CBD 0.3%THC) did not work for me. I don't know if the press was no good or if the lower vaporization temperature of CBD did it.

Nobody116 likes this.
  14. Found on Reddit rosin pressing CBD didn't work out for anyone else either

Nobody116 likes this.
  15. Damn... I was considering a press to get away from butane. But I don't want to burn off the CBD. Guess I'm stuck with the tane. Gonna have to invest in a reclaim system. It always bothers me when I make a batch to let the gas evap into the air.