Premium Member
Supporter
Yes bees wax to thicken
Essential oils not just scented huge difference
The reference guide has lots of info

Dan789

Dan789

19C2D876 F0EB 47BA BB3D 484C99DC47D6
Just just finished up two batches of tincture and a batch of salve. Had a problem locating 151 alcohol in N California, some bullshit at the state level, anyway hooked up with organic alcohol in Oregon (google) for new supply of 200 proof. I give my tinctures 60 days to absorb all the goodness, 2 oz de’car’d bud, fill the rest of the quart mason jar, put the lid on and give it sixty days, bingo ready to go, strain bottle and take as necessary.
Up’d the salve recipe to three oz bud, 2 cups coconut oil, 45 grams bees wax, 15 grams menthol crystals. Three eight hour days in the magic butter maker, strain while warm and place into one quart container. Got some working on my knee as we speak, feeling much better.

PS on the magic butter makers, handle on first model (the model I bought, Murphy’s law) was prone to cracking, and disintegrating, if yours is doing so and out of warranty, check in with the company, they’re giving a discount on a replacement, strengthened handle unit. I felt it was not quite the effort I would have expected as the handle failures are material and design issues, but that’s just me. It’s better than nothing. I haven’t decided on if I want to send them more money at this point so I used some temporary tape, j b weld and aluminum for diy fix of handle.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Hey dan can you post the link to the organic alohol in oregon,sucks to find in cali.
I found this at the local shop, it’s not a rub but will handle your aches and pains. I think, because I haven’t tried it yet. :D

139BBAD1 BDF3 4AB2 A1EF 06017E7C5D21
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hey dan can you post the link to the organic alohol in oregon,sucks to find in cali.
E9B8B789 EFC8 4CDA B41D AC17247D069E

I found this at the local shop, it’s not a rub but will handle your aches and pains. I think, because I haven’t tried it yet. :D
Hay, gow boy what you ever do with that chicken that chicken man gave you? Hopefully nothing nasty if you know what I’m saying. LOL!!!!!!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
View attachment 789814

Hay, gow boy what you ever do with that chicken that chicken man gave you? Hopefully nothing nasty if you know what I’m saying. LOL!!!!!!
Dude,You are trying way too hard 1diesel. :cry: Remember the last time I made you cry?
Machoman never gave me anything, I don’t take hand outs. I bought chickens from him one time and they were great.
CM likes to gift you 1 chicken to make you want more. And to get more you have to shovel chicken shit.:cool:

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Dude,You are trying way too hard 1diesel. :cry: Remember the last time I made you cry?
Machoman never gave me anything, I don’t take hand outs. I bought chickens from him one time and they were great.
CM likes to gift you 1 chicken to make you want more. And to get more you have to shovel chicken shit.:cool:
LoL!!!!!!! What you do with the chicken, LOL,Lol,lol!!!!!!!!

Dan789

Dan789

Curious how expensive that shit is? Just doing an rough calc on mg of THC versus what I’m making. The label states 500 mg, so in effect it has 1/2 gram THC for the complete jar.
What got me making my own anyway was the relative strength of the salves/rubs whatever versus cost. @$20/ per half ounce of said dispensary salve, that wouldn’t do shit. I had to ask myself what the potency was, wasn’t listed and had to be very low. As a result my diy shit works, wife’s happy, all good, no more costly trips to the dispensary, win/win.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Curious how expensive that shit is? Just doing an rough calc on mg of THC versus what I’m making. The label states 500 mg, so in effect it has 1/2 gram THC for the complete jar.
What got me making my own anyway was the relative strength of the salves/rubs whatever versus cost. @$20/ per half ounce of said dispensary salve, that wouldn’t do shit. I had to ask myself what the potency was, wasn’t listed and had to be very low. As a result my diy shit works, wife’s happy, all good, no more costly trips to the dispensary, win/win.
Hey dan that was 35$ plus tax :( if that’s really only a half gram of concentrate then I need to just make my own! Weak sauce! No wonder she told me to use half the jar.

Dan789

Dan789

Hey dan that was 35$ plus tax :( if that’s really only a half gram of concentrate then I need to just make my own! Weak sauce! No wonder she told me to use half the jar.
Not hard to make, coconut oil, some bees wax for thickening, letithin for blending everything together, lastly some menthol crystals, oh and the main ingredient THC.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Add in some nice smelling oils or you will smell like weed all day. I went with foodsafe ones from whole foods, rubbing those oils made for candle warmers on your skin seems like a bad idea. Dude above pretty much nails it though, I use quite a bit more weed than most recipes call for.

stiffneck

stiffneck

It's the dude in the devilsrejects that's sexually frustrated. Haha. GG can do whatever he wants with his chicken. I kind of find all the drama on this site childish and we are not in high school. But then again I don't know what people are upset about and really don't care. Here to grow man.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
It's the dude in the devilsrejects that's sexually frustrated. Haha. GG can do whatever he wants with his chicken. I kind of find all the drama on this site childish and we are not in high school. But then again I don't know what people are upset about and really don't care. Here to grow man.
So, what he do with that chicken, chicken man gave him? I no you no, your his buddy.

ED3A5D9D 5951 4B09 B7BD 6A9C2E44269F
K

kansabis

So, what he do with that chicken, chicken man gave him? I no you no, your his buddy.
I kinda wish a mod would ban you for bein such a jockrider. U really gunna get on here tryna do some internet drama for/about someone else. Quit worrying about chickens and start worrying about that cock in your ass or whatever it is and get a life man seriously,it's annoying as fuck to have to see your stupidity in a thread where I'm trying to find good info and people are actually helping one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom