Canna A & B. This Has Been Working But Should I Add/change Anything?

• Thread starter Samoan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JMcG

JMcG

@Samoan ... welcome to the DGC!
It's a cool pod cast, both those guys have really good basic ( and some in depth) knowledge of most things cannabis related. They started the whole deal years ago just to document their own learning curve and share some knowledge. IMO, sometimes they come off as a bunch of stoners ( well, they do blaze throughout the show....) but they usually keep it all together really well and have some awesome guest appearances by industry "'experts".
Seems like some knowledgeable people are signing in with some great advice too.

P

Pimples

Huh? Canna nutrients contain PLENTY of calcium and magnesium. If your tap water is 0.2 to 0.5 you shouldn't need any calcium magnesium product or supplement.

Samoan

Samoan

@JMcG

Dyna-Grow Pro-Tekt is 0-0-3
3.7% Potassium
7.8% Silicon
recommended @ 50-100ppm

Botanicare SILICA BLAST is 0.5-0.5-1
0.5% Soluble Potash
2.0% Silicon from Sodium Silicate and Potassium Silicate
recommended 1/2-1 tsp/gallon for containers
Hydro-
1/2tsp/gal for mid-size plants
1tsp/gal for mature plants

Samoan

Samoan

@FennarioMike

@Pimples

Just trying to get the right information out there about Canna Nutrients and Calcium/Magnesium.

Huh? Canna nutrients contain PLENTY of calcium and magnesium. If your tap water is 0.2 to 0.5 you shouldn't need any calcium magnesium product or supplement.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Hey Samoan

Ok man so my girl and I been in your shoes. Eager beaver haha. But just a word of advice if I may?

Keep it simple chu kno!!

But don't take that literally because the good stuff is hella complicated.

Lol

About water quality...can you invest 200 into RO water filter? probably best thing to do. PPM of water from tap was 350 plus ph of 7.8 way too high yours can go lower...now...my ppms are 20 from ro water...amazing and ph is 5 to 6? fluctuates highly with proper ro water i believe until you add your nutes..

this means you can add extra nutes! which means you can go to a higher EC/PPM without adverse effects and girls will love it mmhmm

ok so about nutes..

u know that stuff is expensive right?

epson salt. excellent you found out about that.

here lemme save u hella time

look up head formula 6ml micro/ 9ml bloom (somebody translate this into canna line? anyone?)
for RO water I add 1/5tsp epson per gal
for magnesium and sulfur on the cheap

and calmag @ 3ml gal will solve your purple stem problem.

believe me if you don't take care of that now in veg you will not like what happens in flower...just 1/5 tsp per gal of epson always and 2-3ml calimagic or any brand of calcium/mag supplement works like that apple a day keeps doctor away? u know?

great health and vitality with just those.

you don't need great white (i have a bottle of it sitting in closet) or that expensive myco shit. lol

caps bennies og biowarfare has it all in the nute/root/foliar pack. concentrated too!

i brew a tea with some alfalfa meal and earthworm casings and unsulfured molasses and call it a day! brew for 2 days in a 5 gal with an airstone..vital u do that...and whala. you got yourself a bio soup that self replicates for you! I add a few things here and there like kelp..fulvic acid...humic acid...amino acids...(all wholesale products so very cheap) u know just a tad here and there

for a bloom booster just buy yourself some MKP on the cheap like 5lbs for 20 bucks or something. throw that in here and there in flower after weeks 3.

keep following on my thread i'll share what I got

Samoan

Samoan

@Nugteq yes keep it simple that is my goal, just want to keep it simple the right way if that makes any sense. really not trying to complicate things I just want to Understand them.

Must be doing something right because everything you mention here I got going...
I recently install an R/O filter
I have that 6/9 formula
Actually have mkp and soluble potash coming today. 1lb of each
Also coming today is my
-alphalpa meal
-hy-Brix molasses
-maxicrop kelp extract
For my og bio war

One thing I want to get going is some sort of super thrive.
Does anyone know anything about this?
From what I reads growth stimulant called Triacontanol is the main ingredient in this.
Apparently Triacantonal is in alphalpha meal?
-so that means that it is in the compost tea?

Samoan

Samoan

TRIACANTANOL

Apparently this is in CANNA BOOST as well?
Along with carbohydrates - main ones is a carbohydrate based polymer called oligosaccharides -coming from the break down of plant cells and the fermenting microorganism cells.
Also includes Amino Acids
Other polymers
Other compounds
And proteins

Does anyone have any experience with making BOOST similar to Canna's Boost?

P

Pimples

Supposedly they let it ferment for a long ass time. Its extremely expensive for what it does.When i run Canna nutes...i skip that pricey sumbitch out the feed regimen. Actually its not imperative to run the Rhizo or Canna zyme either. But for early veg and established roots...its pretty effective.

Nugteq

Nugteq

@Nugteq yes keep it simple that is my goal, just want to keep it simple the right way if that makes any sense. really not trying to complicate things I just want to Understand them.

Must be doing something right because everything you mention here I got going...
I recently install an R/O filter
I have that 6/9 formula
Actually have mkp and soluble potash coming today. 1lb of each
Also coming today is my
-alphalpa meal
-hy-Brix molasses
-maxicrop kelp extract
For my og bio war

One thing I want to get going is some sort of super thrive.
Does anyone know anything about this?
From what I reads growth stimulant called Triacontanol is the main ingredient in this.
Apparently Triacantonal is in alphalpha meal?
-so that means that it is in the compost tea?[/QUOTE
U got it.. good thru harvest IMO

U got it..Good thru harvest.

I clean my 5 gal brew bucket about twice a month. Each time making a fresh brew. For one week it goes half. ..Add pinch of root n foliar ...1 glug molasses...Filled to top ro h20..N u just saved a pretty penny on all that ish being sold

Samoan

Samoan

U got it..Good thru harvest.

I clean my 5 gal brew bucket about twice a month. Each time making a fresh brew. For one week it goes half. ..Add pinch of root n foliar ...1 glug molasses...Filled to top ro h20..N u just saved a pretty penny on all that ish being sold

Is that a custom res? How do you set that up? I have been hand-watering and I'm wanting to get on some sort of drip system...from what I read that might save me some time?

Nugteq

Nugteq

Is that a custom res? How do you set that up? I have been hand-watering and I'm wanting to get on some sort of drip system...from what I read that might save me some time?
Sure will. Custom. I'll throw some knowledge out there on my thread.

Samoan

Samoan

Canna Coco A and B isn't DESIGNED for tap water, because tap water quality varies enormously from city to city. It's more designed for a more pure water, but CAN be used with tap water if the quality is good enough.

Your water is very good quality with low ppm and therefore isn't an issue. You probably don't need to ADD ca/mg because it's likely already present in your water. If you were using RO water, or your city water was low in hardness, you'd need to add it. But your plants have good green stems - you shouldn't need to add any at all.
good advice thank you

Samoan

Samoan

They aren't recommending a starting EC value, as they are assuming that there is some sort of ca/mg present, whether it's in the water already, or if you're adding it before you mix your nutes. .2 EC is what they assume water that's LOW in ca/mg to be and .4EC is what they consider Standard Water. In the drop down for hardness level, you would select what you know about your source water first, and the starting EC assumption changes. If you are using RO water, add ca/mg to the manufacturer's recommendation by volume, not EC (the ca/mg manufacturer) - and don't really worry about it being exactly .4EC. I mean, if the label says mix 4 mL/gal then do that - don't mix it using EC. Then set the online calculator to Standard Water and it will calculate everything including your expected ppm.
This is still the best explanation yet bradda!

P

Pimples

Canna Coco A&B here in America is specifically intended for tap water. And tap water in the 0.2 to 0.4 EC range.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

@FennarioMike @JMcG
-Checked out the Dude Grow Show, it's radical now I'm going to have to find more time in my day. DGC

@Saint Skinny Thank you for Turning me on to this member now
Armor Kote or Pro-Tekt? -Noticed you didn't mention Silica blast?
Good Deal! Always glad to have another member join the crew! I wish I knew about the DGC when I started! Silica Blast must have just slipped my mind, I use Pro-Tekt Myself. there are so many damn names and nutrients I'm suprised I keep up with everything as well as I do lol

Top Bottom