canna-butter BOMBED

• Thread starter scrapiron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scrapiron

Ok, I took a quarter pound of bud and put it in the blender to break it down a little. Then I put 1 pound of butter and the bud in the crock pot for 24 hours. Low heat so it would not boil. Kept it stirred.
Got it strained last night and put it in the refridgerator. I noticed it is darker than most pics I have seen. Anyway, woke up this morning like it was Christmas. Came running downstairs and made some toast. Went to get some butter on the knife and it is real hard.
To get to the point, I would rather go out in the back yard and lick a piece of dog shit before I would put more of this butter in my mouth. It is DISGUSTING.

What did I do wrong? What do I do with this quarter pound nightmare?

hotRod

hotRod

Did you strain through cheese cloth
and then put into refridgerator ???

Did you put in a small amount of water
in with butter and canna ??

You really only need to cook about 6 -8hours

After sitting all night in fridge you
should see water on the bottom
and butter on top. Then poke
hole in butter top layer and drain water
out. All the sediment will drain with
the water. Now all thats left is
a nice light colored green layer
of cannabutter.

S

scrapiron

Didnt put any water in, and it was strained properly. I have been sitting here thinking about every detail trying to figure out what went wrong. The bud I used was 90% dry. The stems had a small amount of moisture left in them....But there was very little stems used. Just what couldnt be trimmed away. Could that effect anything?
The only other thing I can think is it got too hot. There was some slow bubbling around the edges, but no where near a boil. It is the color of peas, or green beans. The smell and taste is hard to describe, some kinda green earthy....something. It is so overpowering, no matter what you put it on, it will be gross.

I did eat 2 bites of the toast and wow! It is real good!!! Which leads to the bigger problem, where to go from here.
What do you think about putting it in some water and simmer for a few. Mabey the water will take some of the nastyness away. ?

hotRod

hotRod

water will separate from butter > you could add more butter

1/4 pound per 1 pound of butter is potent
so the taste maybe extreme

some taste will cover up when you use it
to cook with (like making carmels or cookies)

Hot Butter Rum mix is excellent to make because
its just a mixture of brown sugar, cannbutter and spice.
The brown sugar and spice cover the taste well.

Cannabutter on toast (try it with cinnamon and sugar)

S

scrapiron

Well hotRod, after reading your last post I decided to give it a second chance. I put a half teaspoon on some rice and gravy with a lil garlic. I couldnt even taste the butter. I guess slapping some on a plain piece of bread at 6am wasnt the way to start my butter adventure!
As you can tell this was my first attempt. I was really suprised at the nice buzz that came along with that half teaspoon. I figured it would be something like honey makes you feel. But this is totally different. Very nice!

If anything mabey I just made it a lil too potent and that can be fixed by cutting it where needed.

mikeb437

mikeb437

i think you used a bit too much weed as well. i have seen it made with an ounce per pound of butter, and it was potent. what kind of weed did you use? i have a quarter pound of vaped weed. im going to throw that in a crockpot with a half pound of butter to see what i get. i also have alot of keif that im going to experiment with.

R

Rolln J

i bet if you added a bit more butter and some water and simmered it real slow for a half hour a lot of that green would get caught up in the water - do just like hotrod said putting it in the fridge - the water and butter will separate and the water will be green and nasty - maybe just try with a cup of the butter first and see how it goes...

I make canna oil and the water trick is the best - it makes such a huge difference!

S

scrapiron

I am gonna to try that J. Chlorophyll and other water-soluble garbage will dissolve into the water and be poured away once the butter hardens. To me, it makes sense. I think I will also add a stick of butter to dilute it a little.
I will let yall know how it turns out.

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Well hotRod, after reading your last post I decided to give it a second chance. I put a half teaspoon on some rice and gravy with a lil garlic. I couldnt even taste the butter. I guess slapping some on a plain piece of bread at 6am wasnt the way to start my butter adventure!
As you can tell this was my first attempt. I was really suprised at the nice buzz that came along with that half teaspoon. I figured it would be something like honey makes you feel. But this is totally different. Very nice!

If anything mabey I just made it a lil too potent and that can be fixed by cutting it where needed.
This made me LoL
never heard of useing cannabutter as though it were Butter..as i read through i came across this .. :-)

lemons

lemons

I use 1/4 oz to one stick and it's plenty strong and aromatic. I'd say yours is just super charged leading to the bad taste. I bet some baked goods from your stash would be straight up party ruiners tho.

Top Bottom