Canna Coco?

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Probably. I have no experience with the CoGr line up but i imagine that CoGr buffering solution is largely comprised of calcium nitrate, magnesium, iron and fulvic acid.

"Thanks for the question. We do pre-buffer the coco. This is done with many different ions that, in this case, do not function as a fertilizer but a way to buffer the pH and ion give off of coco as it degrades. So, yes we buffer, no we do not pre-fertilize, and the ions you asked about are in the mix with others."

That's what Canna Said. Great info lol.

P

Pimples

I use the Canna Bricks. Just rehydrate them in 200 ppm total of tap water and calmag. Ph dropped down to 6.0. I dont start new hard to get seeds in coco coir though. All new seed packs get started in a simple soilless mix of peat..castings..perlite..vermiculite..and d lime. In 4 inch standard nursery pots. After a few weeks and a strong root structure they get a one gallon pot up to straight Canna brick coir. No problems. ..they take rite off. All cuttings are started in either rockwool plugs...root riots...or 4 inch pots of coir. All root the same.

Iamrain

Iamrain

You are water boarding you're seedlings :banghead: there asking for food and you're giving them water :facepalm:
Is that what was going on here? I’m listening to you guys haggle it out in this thread to see what this canna will do to my own plants. I just added a couple of inches to my 10 day old seedlings. I use .20 ml in 2000 ml across 6 autos in coco. I’ve been nuting them for about 4 days now. Should I hold on the cal mag for a bit since the topping I just put down is charged?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I smell a shill.

It’s one thing to post about a product from time to time or make a recommendation but you’ve been digging up old threads the past week to do this.

T

TheVonDank

Here's a picture of some seedlings started in Canna Coco. The coco was not fed any nutrition.

As you can clearly see, the pre-charge already present in Canna Coco can be far too much for many young seedlings.

I will never start seeds in unwashed coco. There's just no reason for it. Generally speaking you only need to flush out a very small fraction of coco. In this case I didn't need more than 1 gallon of coco and it took me only a moment to rinse once I was able to recognize the issue.

The entire concept that you, as a new grower, cannot figure out how to charge your coco is misguided. Seedlings don't need much, if any, nutrition early on. I find that as the plants require feeding, and I feed them coco nutrients, the coco does a fine job of establishing the Cation bank and the CEC of the media.

Takes 1 minute, gives me peace of mind, and my seedlings don't look like this anymore.

So yeah. I'd flush the shit out of Canna if you ever caught me using the stuff again. Pictures=Experiences. Words=Heresay. You are smart enough to make up your own mind on the matter, I am certain.
You shit the bed by plain watering coco with no feed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom