Cannabis Cups In South America?

• Thread starter gringomike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gringomike

gringomike

Hi all, any chance someone has any knowledge of "cannabis cups" in Peru? There was an underground one last year that activist Marc Emery was part of but I didn't hear of until after. A Chilean guy who makes rosin here told me there was supposed to be another one coming up this August but I can't find any info online. I would love to be a part of it somehow and even enter if I could. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Not to many Peruvians here but maybe it’s an invite only cup? Hence the name”underground”.

gringomike

gringomike

Not to many Peruvians here but maybe it’s an invite only cup? Hence the name”underground”.
I named it underground as the legalization movement is just now in progress, but yeah i would love to find an invite. Medicinal passed recently but laws are still anyones guess plus the president just resigned last week. Very hard to find quality herb here although you can find good outdoor mids dirt cheap if you know the right people. I am hoping to get lucky and find someone in the loop of these events. I am not a pro but have been a hobby hydro grower for many years and I would really feel vindication for the cultivation felony i got in 99 if i were to be able to enter a cup :)

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Sounds like a great opertunity for someone up here in the US to head south and setup shop! Genetics can make you a rich man in a situation like the one your in.:D

gringomike

gringomike

Sounds like a great opertunity for someone up here in the US to head south and setup shop! Genetics can make you a rich man in a situation like the one your in.:D
I'm willing to partner up with the right person. Grow supplies are very limited to say the least. I started making my own nutes from salts and plan on selling them. Trying to figure out the import taxes on ordering equipment in bulk. A generic 400w metal halide with a shit ballast goes for like $150 here. With a population of 10 million plus I'd say Lima is an untouched goldmine. As far as herb is concerned it is hard to get a good price for premium nugs, not too many understand the difference in quality and they only pay around $150 a QP for some decent seedless outdoor. It's ok for the stoners who want to smoke just joints all day long like my wife lol That being said there are a decent amount of Peruvians in the know who have money and over 3 million tourists a year.

gringomike

gringomike

I'm willing to partner up with the right person. Grow supplies are very limited to say the least. I started making my own nutes from salts and plan on selling them. Trying to figure out the import taxes on ordering equipment in bulk. A generic 400w metal halide with a shit ballast goes for like $150 here. With a population of 10 million plus I'd say Lima is an untouched goldmine. As far as herb is concerned it is hard to get a good price for premium nugs, not too many understand the difference in quality and they only pay around $150 a QP for some decent seedless outdoor. It's ok for the stoners who want to smoke just joints all day long like my wife lol That being said there are a decent amount of Peruvians in the know who have money and over 3 million tourists a year.
As far as the genetics I have saved seeds from the good outdoor stuff that comes in very big dense buds as I figured they are perfect for fighting off the local bugs etc and plan to cross them with some strong strains I have going from seeds I purchased from seed banks. I am going to try my hand at feminizing seeds and if I get a chance I would love to have a Peruvian crossbreed in the first official Lima cannabis cup.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Your wife sounds cool lol. I like joints too.
$150 a qp? Fuck that’s cheap. I guess for bulk it’s comparable to the Asian weed I. Cali. Quality must not be there. You need a great strain like gg#4 or girl scout cookies or both. Think of all the hype you could drive to those poor misguided folks. We’re talking $400 an ounce! 52 a pound. I can here the oh’s and ah’s from here.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I also see $100-$120 grams of shatter for the sheep of your the first to get it going. Buy that cheap outdoor and extract it for high dollar from the tourist.
If I wasn’t married and had kids I’d already be on my way.

gringomike

gringomike

I also see $100-$120 grams of shatter for the sheep of your the first to get it going. Buy that cheap outdoor and extract it for high dollar from the tourist.
If I wasn’t married and had kids I’d already be on my way.
Yeah, I would love to get some shatter going. I've looked into it a few times but never tried to mess with it as it is so hard to get stuff down here. I came here on vacation almost 4 years ago and now have the wife and new baby so it looks like I am sticking around.
Your wife sounds cool lol. I like joints too.
$150 a qp? Fuck that’s cheap. I guess for bulk it’s comparable to the Asian weed I. Cali. Quality must not be there. You need a great strain like gg#4 or girl scout cookies or both. Think of all the hype you could drive to those poor misguided folks. We’re talking $400 an ounce! 52 a pound. I can here the oh’s and ah’s from here.
Yeah, that would be great. I just started some big cheese and mango that I got from a Chilean seed bank but I would love to get my hands on some top notch seeds. I need to do some more research on making shatter but from what I gather you need the right equipment to do it right. I have a new baby right now and have my hands full with trying to get everything legal as far as visas etc. If/when recreational becomes legal here I will up my game and get more serious about it, but as of now it is just a fun side project that we are building slowly.

Top Bottom