Cannabis Inspired Business Idea Opinions?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I have a couple business ideas for the new legal cannabis industry in the Bay Area California. I would love to get a few opinions from people who would be my customers or would have been before you started growing.

First is the idea of bring a one stop shop for personal grow room design, building and then upkeep to the customers home. It could be as easy as putting together pre-fab rooms or as difficult as building one off rooms for appearance as much as growing. Then you supply them with all the supplies they would need to grow and put it all together for them. You can first make 20% profit on parts and then charge 50 to 100 an hour for labor. As a continuing source of income you can then provide an upkeep service.

Secondly is a concept for those people who want their own grow but either can't grow in their own house, not enough size or just simply not enough drive.
The idea would be to offer an offsite plant growing business. Even though they could buy their own it's not the same as "growing" your own. Not to mention the money saving potential when comparing buying enough 8ths or ounces to equal a large plants yield. Say you charge 1000 dollars for a plant. You could buy 25 8ths for 40 each at 1000 dollars. Or you could buy a plant for a 1000 and get atleast 64 8ths if not more. That would be 2560 dollars if you bought 64 8ths for 40 each and that's on the cheap side in the Bay Area.
I could keep a visual journal for each plant and even place a wireless cam for the buyer to watch or view anytime they want. At the end of the grow they can decide to take the plant and do the drying and curing yourself or have me do that for you. No matter what they say you have no clue what people put in your weed and how could you. With my offsite growing you not only know what's in it but you get to decide what to use.

MW7945

MW7945

Would be like a storage locker place. But everyone be growing pot in their own locker.

Better hire 24/7 security that's loaded to the teeth.

Oh wait California has terrible gun laws.

S

Shawnery

I would grow for them with daily pic and diary of grow with 24/7 video of plants. The "owners" of the plant would only recieve product off-site.

Leew421

Leew421

I would just stick to a place for people to grow at. Not you growing anything. But a place someone can go and have a secure spot to grow could be key. Maybe offer security cameras with smart phone access. Kind of like a storage place

S

Shawnery

If you could find a storage center in the right zoning area that could work out very well.

johnlevy

johnlevy

Well cannabis has a huge potential to contribute enough to the economy. according to a recent survey, it can contribute about $17 Billion. Plus there is a growing demand for its medical and recreational use. New laws are passed which made to regulate its sale and use so that it cannot be used for wrong use.

MW7945

MW7945

Well cannabis has a huge potential to contribute enough to the economy. according to a recent survey, it can contribute about $17 Billion. Plus there is a growing demand for its medical and recreational use. New laws are passed which made to regulate its sale and use so that it cannot be used for wrong use.

Nation-wide it could contribute much more than $17 billion if it were allowed to be sold legally. Regulation doesn't stop "wrong use" though. At this point it just seems silly spending billions fighting it instead of making billions regulating it. Roads, education, etc. all benefit from it.

You'd think the guys in office would figure out prohibition doesn't work. Since half of them were probably alive for alcohol prohibition. Ancient bastards.

K

kansabis

Only problem is they haven't figured out how to personally profit from the legalization and/or their isnt enough paying lobbyists on the pro-cannabis side,imagine that.:)

F

FoundYoStash

It's called a collective. They sign over plant rights, in return you grow more plants and give them an ounce a month as payment. Most people will sign over 12 plants and only take an ounce/month as payment.. Until somone else let's them know how valuable 12 plants can be.

Or is it 6 in Cali now? 4 By 2020 and 2 by 2025? One mature and one cutting?

K

kansabis

Yeah on the bad side I think it will be regulated similar to alcohol and tobacco,taxed the hell out of but legal and can't make your own,only buy it from a licensed dealer lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom