Cannabis Ruderalis

• Thread starter hrdrollin4life
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hrdrollin4life

So I was doing a little bible study with Jorge Cervantes and I came across this "strain". Also known as "ditch weed" this strain of cannabis contains very low levels of THC and is a auto-flowering plant.

So my question is; is there anyway you could get ahold of this auto-flowering plant and some way breed it with a more desirable strain in-turn making a auto-flowering plant that contains a good amount of THC and can be used for our pleasure!?!

I'm just a little curious... What do you peeps think?

P.S. I found this strain on page 12 of Jorge Cervantes' 2006 edition of the Grow Bible

O

Outlaw Grower

Breeder
Supporter
its been tried many times and in most cases failed miserably

H

hrdrollin4life

well one can dream!!

Would be nice tho.. can you imagine a SOG of little auto-flowering? That would be amazing

E

El Barto

Isn't that what all the "Low Ryder x" strains are supposed to be?

Unless you're a teenager living in your parents' house and trying to grow weed under your bed or something, I don't understand the point of these strains.

B

bonbonbondia

Isn't that what all the "Low Ryder x" strains are supposed to be?

Unless you're a teenager living in your parents' house and trying to grow weed under your bed or something, I don't understand the point of these strains.

Right. Low Ryder = Ruderalis. And from what I have seen the "Diesel Ryder" strain is the cream of the lowryder line right now. I have seen some pretty impressive grows done with it.

As to why somebody would bother?
1. Small growing area. I grow in a box, I can fit a whole bunch of the autos in there.
2. Quick. 2 months from seed to harvest. Quick gratification.
3. Strain crossing experimentation. Along with the quick grow time, it lets an amateur or somebody with a small grow space experiment with pollination and breeding. For example, my first experiment with breeding I crossed a hashberry mother with LR2 pollen. I grew out a couple of seeds and it was fun and the smoke decent. My next experimentation is gonna be eurforiaxLR. With a 2 month cycle it can be fun to make crosses.

Edit: learning: for example my first cross experimentation (LR2xHashberry) The seeds plants did not autoflower, so I foolishly assumed I would be able to reveg them and If I like them, do a backcross with them on the 2nd go around. Well I liked the smoke but the plants refused to reveg. Now it might have been some other reason for it -- although I have never had a problem revegging with any other strain -- or it might have been the LR2 genetics. Next time I make a cross with an autoflower strain, I won't assume the plants will reveg successfully.

To sum it up: for quick gratification and fun.

I just started a diary where I am growing a mix of autos: LR2, LLAK47, LRmixed. I'll have to update some more pics for it this weekend.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Mexican ditch weed is garbage, in my experience the best autos are crossed with Siberian rundellis. Your Friend Snoleperd

M

motz

I/we dabbled in this quite extensively back in the late 70's early 80's.
Northern and central illinois where I used to live was just littered with hemp fields back in the 40's and 50's when hemp was still used for rope, clothes and such.

Some of the beans we had brought in were not acceptable for our length of sunlight so we tried breeding to make some of these strains compatible to our climate and light.

Leew421

Leew421

Thug pug is just one example of a great auto breeder. Autos are already on the market being manipulated

Top Bottom