Cannabis Storage

• Thread starter Thomas1086
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thomas1086

Yes, Hi

I am really unsure if this is the right thread to post this in but I am having trouble navigating the website. Please bare with me.

So, I have a decent amount of long term cannabis for storage purposes. I am using Mason Glass Jars and trying not to have too much air in each one. I also inserted 58% Boveda packages in each jar. They are stored in a dark backpack, away from light. The final I problem is where I live is extremely hot and annoying durin summer months. They have been placed under my bed and I determine the temperature in my room reaches the 70s range day and night . They have been under these conditions for about 10 days. I fear this temperature is too warm. Should I place them in a cooler climate downstairs to be safe? Please advise on how I should proceed. Please move this if it’s in the wrong thread but I really need some advise here. Thanks.

T

Thomas1086

I’m just wondering why take the bags out? I keep hearing out great they are for long term storage?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You will be curing your buds in the mason jars bovita bags are not needed. If mason jars are treated rite buds will keep indefinitely. I only use bovita bags when storing in plastic containers and plastic bags. And still don’t like to. But they work for those applications.

T

Thomas1086

I see. Thanks for the prompt responses. Should I be concerned that the cannabis has been subject to these conditions? Granted it’s been a very short amount of time. Is mould quite obvious, and does it take time to grow? Anyway, I’ll store them in a cool, dry place without the Packs.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
If it was dryed properly the bags should not effect. Mold is definitely noticeable, if you have it.

T

Thomas1086

Thank you. So, no reason to believe any degradation has occurred within such a small period of time? They smell and look just fine, as I checked last night. Thanks, again.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I jarred some predator pink and used the mason jar attachment and vacuum sealed the jar and kept in the crisper drawer of my fridge at 38 deg and it smelled and tasted as good as the day it went in over 18 mos later.

T

Thomas1086

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the fridge as it is shared with my wife and family. I have stored the jars in the backpack in a cooler climate downstairs.

I checked a few of the strains and they all seem the same as when I first procured them. I also tried a sample through my vaporizer and it was a very clean effect. I will mention, however, that I had a slight stuffy nose that quickly went away. This may have been because smoke went through my nose upon inhalation of the vaporizer? Otherwise, I believe the plant is still very good quality. They were subject to extreme heat for a couple days, as mentioned before, but we're stored in the mason jars under a bed at the time. I believe the temperature had reached 75-80 degrees inside. Unforunately, our central air doesn't reach our upstairs rooms as well as our downstairs climate. Should I at all be hesitant about still using it since I did leave it for about a week in those conditions? They were still in the dark and the humidity packs were inside at the time. I know I am beating a dead horse but I would like to be as safe as possible. If anyone suggests that the plant could possibly be tainted because of it, I don't mind replacing them. Please advise. And sorry for being so hypersensitive to the situation but I am quite careful about my health..Thanks, again for everyone's help.

Cheers

T

Thomas1086

I should also mention, I truly don't mind if the quality of it degrades over time. So be it. My main concern is mold or other harmful bacteria growing on the plant. If this is avoided and hopefully it has been, this is all I truly care about.

Cheers

B

Burned Haze

After burping your plants (that’s the first 7-14 days after drying, no reason to burp after that, your humidity of buds just need to be 60-64%ish) I use a digital humidity probe to check my bucket

Look into “dry mighty” bags

The XL version can hold a LB and it keeps the smell and quality way better than vacuuming (since you aren’t smashing it )

All you gotta have is clothes iron to seal it and your done. If you don’t have lb quantities of one plant , just put them in separate ziplocks and put them in there with a boveda and a little air so nothing gets smashed. (You can even reuse th bag since the material is the same for the whole bag, so I reuse the same bag unless it rips 1-3 times to save some cash )

These bags rock and once I switched over I noticed I can hold my smells forever in the bags but the jars def Lose it 1-2 months most defiantly .

NGA

NGA

I been using vacuum sealer & freezer bags ,throw in freezer good for long periods,been doin this for years no noticeable difference in smell or taste

Wishbone

Wishbone

After burping your plants (that’s the first 7-14 days after drying, no reason to burp after that, your humidity of buds just need to be 60-64%ish) I use a digital humidity probe to check my bucket

Look into “dry mighty” bags

The XL version can hold a LB and it keeps the smell and quality way better than vacuuming (since you aren’t smashing it )

All you gotta have is clothes iron to seal it and your done. If you don’t have lb quantities of one plant , just put them in separate ziplocks and put them in there with a boveda and a little air so nothing gets smashed. (You can even reuse th bag since the material is the same for the whole bag, so I reuse the same bag unless it rips 1-3 times to save some cash )

These bags rock and once I switched over I noticed I can hold my smells forever in the bags but the jars def Lose it 1-2 months most defiantly .

Interested in these bags, have you used them long? How about the large size, any idea on the capacity?

B

Burned Haze

Interested in these bags, have you used them long? How about the large size, any idea on the capacity?

I have used them for up to 3 years without opening them and the meds smelled just as good as when I put it in the bags. I wouldn’t be surprised if you had them in a proper storage area for the bags (no light, heat above 80f, and keep a boveda 60g ) plus you can re-seal it with same bag without any issue. Keeping your meds out to air,light & temps destroy your terps, flavors & potency

* you asked how much can you fit them, the XL size bags can easily put a lb + the 60g boveda cell 60g ( I bought the bulk packs and it def saved me even thou it will take me forever to use them all)

Wishbone

Wishbone

I have used them for up to 3 years without opening them and the meds smelled just as good as when I put it in the bags. I wouldn’t be surprised if you had them in a proper storage area for the bags (no light, heat above 80f, and keep a boveda 60g ) plus you can re-seal it with same bag without any issue. Keeping your meds out to air,light & temps destroy your terps, flavors & potency

Nice, looking a pulling 3-5 lbs off my harvest and don’t really want to deal with 60-80 mason jars. Any input on the large size bags?

B

Burned Haze

Lol
Nice, looking a pulling 3-5 lbs off my harvest and don’t really want to deal with 60-80 mason jars. Any input on the large size bags?

What I just stated above ( it will fit per the LB) they are like 2-4 dollars a piece depending if you are buying in bulk or where.

get the 60g bodeva 62% ( humidity control) , XL dry and mighty , clothes iron to press them sealed = done

Wishbone

Wishbone

Lol

What I just stated above ( it will fit per the LB) they are like 2-4 dollars a piece depending if you are buying in bulk or where.

get the 60g bodeva 62% ( humidity control) , XL dry and mighty , clothes iron to press them sealed = done

Thanks, saw your edit after posting.

Top Bottom