• Start date
  • Tagged users None
0xygen

0xygen

CANNABUTTER

What you need:
A large saucepan
Unsalted Butter
Leafs and trimmings from plant (avoid stem as they will give off a bitter taste) I used wet leafs and trimmings, and use as much as possible! As much as you have.
Cheesecloth (on first attempt I couldn't find this, so I used pantyhose instead! Worked out excellent!) and some elastics!
A bowl or Tupperware container with lid.
Thermometer If you have one, this is ideal to make sure the temperature is stable, and below

DIRECTIONS:

Bring water to a boil.
Turn down the heat.
Add butter to the water, and let it melt.
If you have a thermometer, now's a good time to use it. Keep the temperature below 80°C/175°F. Higher than this, will ruin the THC content.
Add all the leafs and trimmings. I don't follow a certain ratio, the more you use, the more potent butter.
Now let the mix simmer for several hours. At least three! I usually leave it for 3-4 hrs. I've heard people brewing it like this for up to 24 hrs, but I don't think this is necessary. Stir occasionally. The mixture will start looking weird and oily. Thick and glossy. This is good.
While you're waiting, you can place the cheesecloth over a bowl or other container, and place an elastic band around it to secure it.
When you remove the saucer from the pan, simply pour the contents over the cheesecloth. (You might need to have two bowls ready, in case the first fills up.) It is very important that after the water as filtrated through the cheesecloth, that you squeeze out the remaining butter out of the trimmings and leafs. Press as hard as you can to ensure you get the most of it out. The THC is soluble in fat, so very important to squeeze it all out of there!
You'll see the fat (butter) create a layer on top of the water.
Then you let the water/butter cool. Place a lid or wrap the bowl in plastic.
Place the bowls in the fridge for at least 12 hrs. This is to make sure the butter fully settles on top.
The remaining step is to remove this top layer of green butter and put it in a new container and store it in the freezer until use. Quite easy, actually. Just a bit time consuming, but it's worth it.

And now for an awesome and kick-ass recipe (obviously slightly altered):
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) (226 grams) homemade CANNABUTTER
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
3/4 cup (160 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups (295 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (270 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
(feel free to add nuts and such, if that's what floats your boat)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) with rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until incorporated, adding the chocolate chips and nuts (if using) about half way through mixing. If you find the dough very soft, cover and refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes).

For large cookies, use about a 2 tablespoon ice cream scoop or with two spoons, drop about 2 tablespoons of dough (35 grams) onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake about 12 - 14 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely on wire rack.

Makes about 4 dozen - 3 inch round cookies.

Note: You can freeze this dough. Form the dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze and then place the balls of dough in a plastic bag, seal, and freeze. When baking, simply place the frozen balls of dough on a baking sheet and bake as directed - may have to increase baking time a few minutes.

Bon Appétit!!

A

andy107

Hell yea man thanks for the info!! Ill def give this a try when i harvest my girls!

J

jamesrobartson

Thank you 0xygen for posting this cookies recipe. I will try it today.
But i had also made a chocolate chip cookies and starter recipes yesterday. I want to share with you, I hope you will try it.
Ingredients
* 250g plain flour
* 125g margarine or butter
* 75g castor sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 egg
* 25g cocoa powder
Method
* 1.Use a wooden spoon to mix the flour, butter, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add the egg and mix with a wooden spoon until it forms a dough.
2.Sprinkle a little flour onto the work surface and roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Do not press too hard. Dip the cutters in the flour before cutting out a selection of shapes.
3.Place the cookies on a greased baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes at 180oc,350of, gas mark 4. Allow to cool and decorate with icing,silver balls,cherries and sprinkles.

S

Steve Z

so if the point is to not degrade the thc with heating the water to 175 why do you recommend to BAKE the cookies at 375? thats way too hot.

0xygen

0xygen

I honestly don't know.. But it worked.. Just stumbled upon that recipe, and it looked tasty, didn't even think about the baking temperature! Haha.. That high....

B

bananafish80

so if the point is to not degrade the thc with heating the water to 175 why do you recommend to BAKE the cookies at 375? thats way too hot.

well the idea there is that the thc combines with the butter. so thc evaps at about 180-250, and butter has a smoke point at about 170-200. so if you cook butter higher than 175, it will burn and evap, which releases tch. but when it is in a dough, it doesn't burn at higher temperatures, it is a different substance entirely. essentially, the intensive properties of the material changes.

[/COLOR[/COLORhttp://i.invalid.com/yV6DD.jpg]Science Bitch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom