Caregiver Donations

• Thread starter organicness
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organicness

organicness

Hey all,

Anyone in Maine doing actual donations to fresh cardholding caregivers? It's so difficult to pick up other patients that are needing things right now, and I end up not being able to help them and they go elsewhere. I'd love to find other caregivers who are willing to help out the younger folk out there who need a helping hand to get started, and aren't violating the law by charging for the donation. I'm a fairly by-the-books kind of guy.

Thanks!

G

GreenIce

organicness -

Just read your post and I am not getting it? Are you looking for finished, dried, cured buds to be donated to you? Or plants, clones etc....? Or what?

If you are asking for donations to you the caregiver for the purpose of you selling the medicine to your patients in a effort to keep patients you can not supply satisfactorily yourself I would think you need to get a bigger room or more lights etc.....6 flowering plants gets me about 2.5-3 lbs using a 3000 watt system.

Look for more/bigger lights and grow space and your problem will be solved.

Good Luck
GI

organicness

organicness

The issue is serving patients at the beginning of the relationship when you first sign them up. There's obviously a lag time between first signing them up and harvesting/curing. It's a timing thing to make sure a new patient has the medication they need while mine grow out... a temporary thing.

I'm looking more for finished product. I'm on the fence about selling it to the patient, or just passing along the good karma (I'm more in favor of the latter, as I don't need to make money for something given to me for free). It'd just make it easier on the patient and myself to be able to get them taken care of out of the gate, ya know?

C

cheyenne

The issue is serving patients at the beginning of the relationship when you first sign them up. There's obviously a lag time between first signing them up and harvesting/curing. It's a timing thing to make sure a new patient has the medication they need while mine grow out... a temporary thing.

I'm looking more for finished product. I'm on the fence about selling it to the patient, or just passing along the good karma (I'm more in favor of the latter, as I don't need to make money for something given to me for free). It'd just make it easier on the patient and myself to be able to get them taken care of out of the gate, ya know?

Welcome to the game son. Just do what needs to be done. Just dont get caught....

J

JustPothead

The Catch 22

This is what you have to deal with in Maine to become a caregiver. The best option is to start slow, and grow your caregiver business over time. This way you can ensure that you always have medicine available for you patients. There are those willing to help out, but your gonna have a hard time getting donations of medicine just so you can get your caregiver business started..

B

Baba booey

JUST is right, start small, figure out what you're getting yourself into, if you think you can handle expansion, then it's something you could undertake.

People don't realize how difficult and time consuming it is to grow high-quality medicine. Equipment is very expensive, nutrients and pesticides are very expensive, and if your plants die, you've lost it all. I ALWAYS suggest to look for a good LOCAL care provider before setting up your own scene, it's a huge, expensive undertaking, not to mention, you HAVE to know what your doing and where to get good strains.

Cheers everyone!! Maine is getting there, a few more crucial laws and we could have ourselves an industry here....

Never support an out of state dispensary, which I think most of them are in Maine, always, always, find a local caregiver or consult a professional to help you with a setup to fulfill your needs.

finegoldtube

finegoldtube

17 States with Pending Legislation to Legalize Medical Marijuana
(as of Feb. 13, 2012)

L

Lady Tokes

I'm a MMJ card holder here in Maine. In September my whole crop was yanked by thieves the cops were less than willing to help recover my medicine, much less even ask to see my card or ask how many plants were taken! Needless to say that was my winter supply, here I am with no medicine and going in for another surgery on Tuesday. If there is anyone around central maine with an excess harvest, please, please consider donating to my husband and I, who is also a disabled MMJ patient, any amount of bud, tincture, or oil would be greatly appreciated item and much need for pain relief and nausea. This theft devastated us, I don't know what else to do. My email is [email protected] if you are able to help in any capacity. Thanks in advanced for taking the time to read my post.

Top Bottom