Catapillars on Flowering Plants

• Thread starter CannabisJohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Is there anything I can do for this problem that will not hurt my buds?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you need a spray with BT - Bacillus Thuringiensis

i havent done much outdoor stuff - but we used the safer concentrate last year and it worked fine - no pillar loss

Im sure some of the more experienced outdoor bug fighters might have a better or cheaper solution

I

ibTheMan

Flick um off,lol they eat leaves and some make for twisted up webbed up leaves. also they may smoke the bud.

5150THC

5150THC

Inspecting my 'Gold leaf' strain today and pulled out & off about 6 small looper's/caterpillars (dont really know the difference) and one giant green caterpillar that had already eaten the inside of my cola:(....................fucker.
Have been spraying with Spinosad and just ordered BT and will spray it tomorrow. Shocked at how fast the destruction happens!! Holy shit!

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

they are moth larva. Them little white moths you see at dusk. I kill most by spreading tick killer on the lawn. I found out by accident that is where they hide during the day. spread the tick killer and the moths were flopping all over the place. Takes care of most of them. I have one plant this year with some damage. Cut the bud off below the damage.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I was suggested BT spray during flower. Im in week 7 of my outdoor plant and it worked like a charm. No more eggs or nothing. However. i didnt spray for a couple weeks and now im getting twisted leaf growth, rotting and drying buds. Fuck man. I shouldve kept spraying. Spraying again today.

5150THC

5150THC

Sprayed the BT today. Smells awful. Anyone know if this will fuck up the smoke/taste? Not that I have any choice considering the damage but just curious and want to be prepared. I will keep spraying every two weeks irregardless. Also have question-Should I cut off the damaged buds or just wait and see? Thoughts?

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I had to cut off rotting buds today : (...fuckin a i hated it.

@5150THC on the inside of my buds that got all dark and the leaves twisted up... I found deposits of weird shit and silk webs. You dont have to cut it off, but i personally would. I dont want that shit anywhere NEAR what im gonna smoke. Fucking. Hate. Catepillars.
I sprayed, shook. And they all came crawling out in about 30 mins. I poked and removed as many as i could. Sprayed again. Hope not wverything is ruined byt truthfully i seen rot going on every cola, at least somewhere on each arm... Fuckin bummed on outdoor right now
@Bulldog11 is a badass outdoor grower, maybe he can help shed some light on this subject for yall

5150THC

5150THC

"I had to cut off rotting buds today : (...fuckin a i hated it."

Yeah, I'm gonna do the same tomorrow AM.Gonna miss those buds- so freaking pissed. This is my first outdoor grow-and my last. While the yield is better, the issues with pests and the freaking super hot summer are just too much. This winter, I'm going back indoors and staying there.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sprayed the BT today. Smells awful. Anyone know if this will fuck up the smoke/taste? Not that I have any choice considering the damage but just curious and want to be prepared. I will keep spraying every two weeks irregardless. Also have question-Should I cut off the damaged buds or just wait and see? Thoughts?
I stop spraying about two weeks prior to planned harvest in part to avoid any off flavors or scents. The Bt formulation I use doesn't seem to have much of an odor to me, but I do have sniffer problems.
You dont have to cut it off, but i personally would. I dont want that shit anywhere NEAR what im gonna smoke. Fucking. Hate. Catepillars.
You really do need to cut it out, it's what leads to rot, rot, and more rot.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I just cant do it anymore. It breaks my heart. Burnt on capa-tillers. Culling two small OD plants and basically chopping off half my big plant. Feeling my shoulders and spirit sink a little just typing it out....haha. Pleh. Bummed

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ive noticed at times it does fuck up the trichs/frost on a plant but really what better alternative do you have?Like sea i try not to spray the last couple weeks,havent noticed a flavor difference but i dont care for the smell either,at least not the monterey brand i use.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Catapillars are the worst to fight. It's nice to spray when it's in vege, but do you really wanna spray your buds with anything when there mature? I heard if you make bubble hash with the damaged buds and it will wash out the catapillar crap. Is this correct?

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

caterpillars are the babies... kill the mothers (moths) they hide in lawn grass in the daytime. spread tick killer on your lawn and it kills the moths. try it next year.

5150THC

5150THC

caterpillars are the babies... kill the mothers (moths) they hide in lawn grass in the daytime. spread tick killer on your lawn and it kills the moths. try it next year.
Yeah.............. I wont be planting outdoors after this harvest. Its time consuming as it is-the pest issue just brings it to a whole 'nother level. I love EVERYTHING about growing-except this pest issue and seeing so much go to waste just destroys me a bit...........

Top Bottom