Caulking For Hydro???

• Thread starter LuccaDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Gonna instal an ice probe in a nute rez.....anyone know a specific one to use??

Thanks All!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Theres a jbweld thats safe for water pipes and will set under water.
http://www.jbweld.com/products/waterweld-epoxy-putty
8277_WaterWeld_10.8.14.jpg

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Not sure what you mean...well, got a pic of that ...tube or whatever? Thanks for the input brother

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I was just sayin it says safe for drinking water so it should probably be safe for rez
Its putty, you squeeze it and then put it on whatever you want to stay put, better than glue.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Is it food grade? Im obssessed with healthiness as im doin this at this level for my Fathers bloodpressure....drops it down to a solid 120-130/80ish.....gotta make sure its not gonna give any bad stuff....id remove more junk from the water if I could, but I get my ppm about 60-80ish befor nutes or pH adjustment

Freshone

Freshone

JB would work but 5200 will stay flexible after it cures and temperature variations won't affect it.
It's just a res so I guess they would both work but no way JB will hold up like 5200.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Why use caulking? if they're installed correctly there's no need to use it. They come with rubber washers, but if that didn't work I would get the right sized grommet to seal it off rather than any type of caulking

mandalaman

mandalaman

Thanks man, dont think I will need it now, forgot ice probe came with gaskets
My issue arose when I got a larger bulkhead to put on a round container and the curvature prevented it from sealing, leaked everywhere. Then I Water Welded the shit out of it and let it sit over 24 hrs and it never fully hardened and ripped right out. So I used Clear Weld. Had to use a lot of it as it's much thinner. But it gets all in the cracks and forms a real nice seal.

That was my experience at least :) largely caused by operator error! Are the buckets you are putting bulkhead on square or circular? If circular does the bulk create a tight seal?

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Nah man they are squares this time. Got it all setup. Will post pics tommorow after I set timers. Check my grow diary GrandDaddy Purp rdwc yaaa!

mandalaman

mandalaman

I was out of clear weld and used some water weld last night. When you're kneading it you can almost feel the moment when it mixes correctly. It becomes much more pliable and soft.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Im not sure if its a chemical reaction or just the act of mixing it up but I think it gets warm when its good snd mixed.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Guys my 8 gallon setup even with ice probe on for 2 days .....water is same temp as the room...... hovers at 69*f

Top Bottom