CBD OIL CASE STUDY-

• Thread starter LegalGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LegalGrow

LegalGrow

With the big buzz of CBD oil for a variety of health problems and low or no HIGH, I became intrigued for my own personal health issues and thought I would share my own CBD case study. For the next 90 days I will be documenting and tracking 3 health issues through the sole use of CBD oil for treatment.

Those issues are:

- Reduce headaches, shoulder pain, jaw pain.
- Reduce anxiety.
- Reduce alcohol consumption.

Attached is the PDF and I have also pasted it below. I will update the case study weekly with additional notes. I am very hopeful this is the cure all, however I have tried so many things over the last 10 years, I am gun shy and reserved about my hopes.

CBD OIL CASE STUDY- DAILY CBD OIL AS FOR PAIN RELIEF, ANXIETY, REDUCED NEED FOR ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION.

Overview:

CBD oil has been suggested as a pain reliever, anxiety reducer and used to combat alcoholism with zero ‘high’ side effects. The study is a personal experiment in the success (or failure) of daily CBD oil supplement.

Background:

I am a non-smoker, 34 year old, white male, 180 lbs, 5 foot 10 inches. I exercise daily and am an alcoholic.

Health Conditions:

Chronic headaches, shoulder pain, jaw pain & moderate to high anxiety.

Current Treatments:

I take a daily dose (5mg) of anxiety medication and daily alcohol (4-6 servings minimum) for pain and anxiety.

Experiment / CBD oil goals:

- Reduce headaches, shoulder pain, jaw pain.

- Reduce anxiety.

- Reduce alcohol consumption.

CBD oil regiment:

Recommended dosage, 15 drops under tongue 2 times daily, hold for 60 seconds.

Drinking: Sober as of 10/30/13 – I actually stopped drinking on my own before this experiment started, so unsure if that is still a point of discussion, I will rate alcohol cravings/consumption for others who may go that route as well.

CBD Journal: CBD oil started on 11/29/13, just over 30 days after last alcohol. Going a little above the recommended daily dosage to 3 times a day to see if initial effect is noticeable, or I feel a faster improvement of overall health.

Week 1: (documented on 12/1/13)

CBD oil has a resemblance to what I would imagine bong water tasting like. Has a very strong traditional “POT” flavor/aroma, even though I am taking the “peppermint” CBD oil. Interestingly is that there is absolutely ZERO high effect. Mentally it’s a bit confusing to have a huge marijuana hora, and then feel nothing. Of course this is what was advertised with CBD oil and why I was mostly attracted to CBD oil, however just a small mental observation.. Perhaps I expected to feel something from an extract of MMJ/CBD oil.

Now for the facts as I see them. Remember I am using CBD to treat 3 health problems. I wanted to be rate progress of this experiment, so I am using 3 rating factors with 3 descriptors each.

They will be Improved/No Change/ Worsening and the descriptors of each will be: Mild, Moderate & Severe.

Work days seem to be the worst for the pain factors, and my initial rating below is for my first few days on CBD oil, however all days so far were holidays, so no work days yet involved.

- Reduce headaches, shoulder pain, jaw pain. Mild Improvement.

- Reduce anxiety. Mild Improvement.

- Reduce alcohol consumption. No Change / Although Continued Sobriety.

View attachment CBD CASE STUDY.pdf
LegalGrow

LegalGrow

Thanks, my one concern is the oil I bought may not be of high quality.. but time will tell! If I lived in cal or Colorado that wouldnt be an issue...

Dunge

Dunge

I'm following the efforts of a Portland medical user group.
freemygreenpdx.com
Some very active advocates for all forms of delivery and preparation.
Extracts strike me as the first step in targeting treatment.
In my understanding (IMU) {might also read "It's"}
A concentrated CBD oil is probably decarboxilated extracted oil from a high CBD plant.
If CBD is being purified out of oil, I'd like to hear how it is being done. (attempted)
This is a nice take home project for the organic chemistry students amongst us.

And: let's hear from people who live in dispensary states.
What range of medicine is being offered?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
this guy knows this stuff !
Look at his other videos

Note; he says with the right strain, there is no need to "separate" it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good interview, but it would be nice as a viewer if he would look AT the camera while he discusses the topic.

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

@Seamaiden - "nice as a viewer if he would look AT the camera"

- He thought he was... LOL.

monkeymun

monkeymun

This will be interesting, subbed.

How do you know the oil you're taking is 100% CBD?

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

I wish I did....
I guess the same could be true of anything we take unless we make it ourselves..

This is the kind I am taking...

Peppermint 100 mg Supplement Facts
Shop drops peppermint

iCultivate

iCultivate

Blows my mind just seeing that you guys can by commerical cannabis products over there. Australia is a million miles from that ever happening...

Shall be checking back in on your progress mate.

Good luck.

-- iCultivate --

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

Commercial may mean it is garbage... So far the cbd oil isn't impressing me, but I want to give it at least 30-60 days...

Dunge

Dunge

Blows my mind just seeing that you guys can by commerical cannabis products over there.
Blows my mind too iCultivate.
I'm in a med state with no legal distribution.
The thing I like about seeing such products being tested in California is user reports should quickly push products in ever more helpful directions.
I don't believe that God gave mankind cannabis to prove his love.
That's where beer came from.

neverbreak

neverbreak

sweet bro, interested in seein how this pans out for ya.

neverbreak

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

Another guy I have been talking with took some CBD capsules that he said were pretty good.
I checked them out and they have as follows: (7.38mg CBD / 2.98mg THC).
Basically 5 times as much CBD as the oil I have and the THC probably helps a bit too.

More later this week.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I have heard mixed reviews of this stuff..... But they sold a shit load of it for a while
And my 1st thought was how expensive it is..for hemp! (they made a killing)
.but now, they are out of stock..so I dont know whats up with that
Dewdrops1024

Ohh edit to add;..its looks like they dont sell the "hemp" cbd oil anymore..
They are going with the good stuff now ....But now, its all 1 to 1 thc/cbd
https://dixieelixirs.com/

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

I would switch, but I don't live in a legal state, so I cannot pick up anything from a store and these places like the DIXIE DEW DROPS only sell local..

EDIT: / wow, each bottle contains 100MG THC... holy crap. I would be down for a year with some of that stuff. :)

Top Bottom