Ceramic Metal Halide growers?

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

thought I would chime in here, I dipped my toes into the CMH pool a couple years back. Originally I was running 4 the 315's batwing reflectors in veg. Loving the results of that I bought 6 of the DE 630 watt CMH kits for flower. The 630's look very similar to my gavita DE 1k's in that they both use a double ended bulb. They are dimmable to 300, 400, 630, and 700 watts . So far I have only been able to run 2 of the fixtures at once due to some electric issues I am having at my new property. I have not over drove the bulbs yet nor do I think I will. Loved the buds from Gooeybreeers Midnight Snow X Afgooey X Dark Desire X Gooey very dense even on the lowers. I think I am going to mix in 1 gavita 1k for every 4 of my DE 630s from here on out cause I believe the DE 630's could use a bit more red for even better yields:D

2b2s

Last edited:
2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

Are you using the growers choice 630 fixtures?I have one of their de bulbs I'm going to try in my gavita 6/750.Gnome pointed out the other day China have a 1k cmh now too.

I used the Eonboom fixtures from China. The Growers Choice fixtures are too rich for my blood. Here is a pic of a Midnight Snow X Afgooey X Dark Desire X Gooey @ 60 days in a 1 gallon pot under 2 DE 630 watt CMH fixtures and one of her all trimmed up. Total dry weight was 109gr :D

Sep29a
20171021 150824
Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

I am just not sure about all these China brand bulbs including growers choice,if you think about it why doesn't Philips or hortilux or even gavita or one of the other powerhouses make them?I'm still of the mind that Philips bulbs are the way to go but I'm cautiously open-minded.
Just seems like the Chinese will make anything they think will sell with no regard for how well it works or quality.

Freshone

Freshone

China bulbs are garbage. Hammerhead had a bulb failure, and it set his floor on fire. Spend the extra couple bucks for prooven bulbs. Would you buy expired milk, or fresh milk to save a few bucks?
China can make just as good of quality as anyone else,a Ton of higher end companies have their shit made in china.If you want quality they are more expensive so they churn out cheap shit for sale to the Walmart shopper because that is the mentality.
Buy cheap and buy often!

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

The poor yield is more of a small pot problem than anything to do with the lights in my makeshift flower room. I truly don't think I would have gotten much more if I had 2 of my gravitas hanging there. Next round will be all 7 gallon fabric pots. For a g/w comparison.

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

The poor yield is more of a small pot problem than anything to do with the lights in my makeshift flower room. I truly don't think I would have gotten much more if I had 2 of my gravitas hanging there. Next round will be all 7 gallon fabric pots. For a g/w comparison.

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

Just to be clear It has occurred to me that I may not have made it clear that that 109 grams came from one plant in a one gallon pot. I had to stack weights on the pot to keep it from falling over from the weight of the plant. So the seemingly poor yield is really not as bad as it would seem by the numbers:D

2b2s

Krypto

Krypto

Hey fellas. Hope everyone had a pleasant holiday. . .
We will be upgrading at least one of our lights by the end of the year. Currently running to 1000 watt high pressure sodium. going to have to get a couple more tents probably an inexpensive LED for the mother room and veg but I'm trying to sell my wife and partner on going with a dual CMH. I've done enough research to be satisfied that it's a safe bet. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Why is it better than a 1000 watt HPS? Or is it? I'm sure it's as good as any LED light that I'm going to buy. Just not ready to pull the trigger on $1,500 for a light that's going to be outdated and less than a year. That is my main argument for going with the CMH.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Hey fellas. Hope everyone had a pleasant holiday. . .
We will be upgrading at least one of our lights by the end of the year. Currently running to 1000 watt high pressure sodium. going to have to get a couple more tents probably an inexpensive LED for the mother room and veg but I'm trying to sell my wife and partner on going with a dual CMH. I've done enough research to be satisfied that it's a safe bet. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Why is it better than a 1000 watt HPS? Or is it? I'm sure it's as good as any LED light that I'm going to buy. Just not ready to pull the trigger on $1,500 for a light that's going to be outdated and less than a year. That is my main argument for going with the CMH.
Make sure you match watt for watt if you don’t want to lose yield. So don’t try to replace a 1000 watt for a 630 cmh. I replace a 1000hps for 2 630 cmh’s and am super happy

Top Bottom