Ceveres' Grow Diary #1

• Thread starter Ceveres
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ceveres

Ceveres

Dude, I did not expect that weight when I saw it with the fan leaves trimmed up. They looked dense, but not that dense. Primo icky stickys, and they're sinkers, that's a nice bonus.

Right on
I know dawg, right?! I had to weigh it twice thinking my scale was off hahaha such a horrible problem to have :cry:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Knowing what mine look like and seeing yours bro @SmithsJunk .. you're gonna be trimming for a while! Lol

Yeeaah, it's gonna take me a minute. Out of everything I've had to do, I know trimming quite well though. It'll be a labor of love and not $150 per lb this time. Much, much, better. Plus my sh*t ain't all a bunch of that sh*tty a$$ popcorn bud I get stuck with sometimes. My neighbor just offered me like 10 containers to trim and I was all, "No way man." It took me a week to do 2lbs of that marshmallow sh*t last year. He can either stop growing airy bud or pay me $300 a lb.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Yeeaah, it's gonna take me a minute. Out of everything I've had to do, I know trimming quite well though. It'll be a labor of love and not $150 per lb this time. Much, much, better. Plus my sh*t ain't all a bunch of that sh*tty a$$ popcorn bud I get stuck with sometimes. My neighbor just offered me like 10 containers to trim and I was all, "No way man." It took me a week to do 2lbs of that marshmallow sh*t last year. He can either stop growing airy bud or pay me $300 a lb.
A week?! Jeez... it took me n my girl 3 days to trim the 8 plants, I can't imagine..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

A week?! Jeez... it took me n my girl 3 days to trim the 8 plants, I can't imagine..

I usually average a lb a day on the stretched out commercial cuts. I'll probably be able to do 2-3 on mine. They're pretty dense and not super leafy. I'll pre trim them before I cut, like you did, and that'll makes it loads easier. I was doing 1.5 a day on my cousin's personal last year and it was a mess, but dense. Once I get into a groove, I'll zombie out on some Netflix series, and be jammin on autopilot for days at a time.

Ceveres

Ceveres

I usually average a lb a day on the stretched out commercial cuts. I'll probably be able to do 2-3 on mine. They're pretty dense and not super leafy. I'll pre trim them before I cut, like you did, and that'll makes it loads easier. I was doing 1.5 a day on my cousin's personal last year and it was a mess, but dense. Once I get into a groove, I'll zombie out on some Netflix series, and be jammin on autopilot for days at a time.
The pre-trim defoliar really helps. Especially because then you can save all of the sugar trim without sifting thru it. Being that I'm in MI, not sure exactly what merch Cali bud looks like on the stalk, but I imagine that it's similar to the last crop of mine. Super easy trim, just a couple whole leaves, then a few stragglers, dense nugs, and that's about it. Made 3/4# seem like 4oz lmao I've trimmed B.S. that was sooo leafy and just took forever to manicure and still was leafy when you're done. Then you're generally paid by weight..

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The pre-trim defoliar really helps. Especially because then you can save all of the sugar trim without sifting thru it. Being that I'm in MI, not sure exactly what merch Cali bud looks like on the stalk, but I imagine that it's similar to the last crop of mine. Super easy trim, just a couple whole leaves, then a few stragglers, dense nugs, and that's about it. Made 3/4# seem like 4oz lmao I've trimmed B.S. that was sooo leafy and just took forever to manicure and still was leafy when you're done. Then you're generally paid by weight..

Exactly. You know, after growing my own this year I see how disinterest makes for sh*tty cash crops. There's no personal pride taken in them. It's just an abstract with a dollar sign attached to it. Immature weed too, it was light because of the heavy flower content instead of well developed bracts last year.

Yeah, the leafy BS is straight up poor farming and ignorant harvesting. I have not seen a strain yet that didn't respond well to a little TLC and have less leaves necessary because they're getting the nutes they need from proper feeding.

Organikz

Organikz

IMO I don't mind weight so much as quality. I don't weigh yield because that's not a benchmark to me. Bringing out sick terpenoid and cannabinoid profiles is my thang. Have you seen golden tiger? Looks like vines. You almost have to make tie sticks. The shit will make you see trails though.

Ceveres

Ceveres

IMO I don't mind weight so much as quality. I don't weigh yield because that's not a benchmark to me. Bringing out sick terpenoid and cannabinoid profiles is my thang. Have you seen golden tiger? Looks like vines. You almost have to make tie sticks. The shit will make you see trails though.
I'm somewhere in between. I would definitely like top quality, but with a balance in volume. I have not seen golden tiger, but it sounds amazing lol As long as I break even or on the positive and can smoke for free, then I'm very happy.

Organikz

Organikz

If my high from a bowlpack lasts 4 hours or more I know I'm hitting all those cannabinoid receptors. If I take a bong rip and it sends a tingle down my finger tips I know I did a good job. Lol.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Outdoor girl is moving along nicely. Top dressed with some high P (0-11-0) sea bird guano a few days ago. (I don't like the ethics behind bat guanos) Not sure what the spotting on the leaves are? Gonna bust out the 30x and look at the trichs, but I'm sure she still has a few weeks. My guess is she is around week 5
20171006 110050
20171006 110127
20171006 110528
If these leaves stand out to you, please don't hesitate to educate me :smug:

Hope everyone is having a magnificent day, and that all your gardens are plentiful and dank!

Peace! Time for a dab!

Ceveres

Ceveres

Nice harvest Cev!! Great pics , quality looks real nice.
I noticed your biggest yielder was in a felt bag, was it the only one in a felt bag?
Thanks man I appreciate that!
Yes actually, it was my little experiment to see if I wanted to splurge and go all felt. Found a killer deal on these "3 gallon" fabric pots that are just as big as my 5 gallon hard pots and grabbed a bunch of them to replace my hard pots.
20171006 123050

Ceveres

Ceveres

@JakeyBakey dont remember if i posted this. The one on the left is 7gal fabric, the right is 5gal hard pot. I don't think the 2 extra gallons is the cause of the larger root ball as much as the air pruning, forcing the roots to grow back inward and fill empty spaces
20170917 152314

Top Bottom