Changing Light Times Morning To Nights

• Thread starter Dutch Jon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dutch Jon

Dutch Jon

Hey all
Quick question, I have a mental block, I want to change my veg light times from instead of coming on in the mornings (4:00am) to coming on at 6:00pm, I know it's a little trickier if they were flowering but I'm thinking to just run them all the way thru to the next off time of which would be 12:00pm (noon) of the next day.
I've changed light schedules before and moved them a 1/2 hour at a time but this is longer span of time. I'm doing this as to when I throw them into flower they'll have the same 'on' time but will turn off at 6:00 in the morning.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

sorry i I meant to type veg not sure what I was thinking and on veg u ok and light changing I have mine on for 24 hours a day every day as long as u not in flower u fine honey so good luck to you

N

Nog

Well if they are in veg then you must not have them on 24 hours, you must be doing 18/6.

So leave the light on till the time you want them to go into dark.
Or instead give them that extra couple of hours dark till 6am, that wont be enough to make them flower.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Yeah they will be fine. I have had power go out for a full 24 hours in veg and flower really doesn't effect them much. They might act a little confused for a day or two but nothing to worry about especially in veg. If you think about it, in nature plants dont ever get a full 18 hours of light. We have cloudy rainy days with practically no sun light and they still thrive.

Irietime

Irietime

I just posted this question yesterday as well, except mine are two weeks into flower. It's ok for me as long as I make the extra hours of dark time instead of light time. So I don't through them back into veg. It probably the opposite for you, make your extra hours light time, so you don't put them into flower. Good luck

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I just posted this question yesterday as well, except mine are two weeks into flower. It's ok for me as long as I make the extra hours of dark time instead of light time. So I don't through them back into veg. It probably the opposite for you, make your extra hours light time, so you don't put them into flower. Good luck

in flower its a lil more trouble but as long as u do it do it fast id think that b ok bc they soooo young should just be getting some lil flowers

I would not move light times much in flower only think u are ok bc they so lil and kind of new to the timer

Irietime

Irietime

in flower its a lil more trouble but as long as u do it do it fast id think that b ok bc they soooo young should just be getting some lil flowers

I would not move light times much in flower only think u are ok bc they so lil and kind of new to the timer
That's what I was thinking too. Now or never. Not gonna do this again. The 12pm-12am schedule will allow me more time to tend to the girls. Hope all works out

xavier7995

xavier7995

Irie got it, in veg extend the daylight hours and flower extend your night to get where you want to be.

I try and do lights on at night, my house is a bit cooler at night and every bit I can bring ambient temps down helps.

Top Bottom