Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

that really wasn't an appropriate post as this is the "Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients". you should delete your post and put it in a more appropriate thread

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

that really wasn't an appropriate post as this is the "Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients". you should delete your post and put it in a more appropriate thread

I created the thread and havn't seen anything that I feel shouldn't be posted.
:)

F

Field of Beans

Interesting thread, thanks for the cost comparitive analysis.

Rushoe

Rushoe

Maxi bloom at 7 grams per gallon is very close to the Lucas 8/16. I use this for my mother plants with great looking healthy plants and great looking fuzzy ass roots. I have some mother plants that where placed outside cuz they where to big for my liking and it was about time to make new mothers the cuttings I took rooted very fast and very healthy they outside ones started to flower on me cuz they were on a 24/7 light so I decided to run a small test to see how the maxibloom would perform 3 4 weeks in and things looking good.....This stuff even works well to veg plants out my Chemdog D looked perfect at one tsp per gallon with my 240 tap don't even have to mess with the ph it sets right at 6.0 I like 5.8 for my coco but 6.0 isn't bad I guess it seems to be working for everything I have. Maxibloom 5-15-14 npk I use ro water for my 4x4 set up not sure how this would work with ro water I am sure u would have to add calmag 1st or Epson salts to be even more cost effective.....but as for vegging plants it would be 1tsp per gallon of tap its about 1000ppm at .5 and for flower switch to 7 grams 1350 ppm then powder koolbloom the last two weeks with half maxibloom before flush !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://thelucasformula.com/

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Got an email back today, nothing specific to the 5-12-26 and heavy metals, just somewhat of a vague response(imo).
This is what I found out:
We have very little in all of our formulas. In most cases there is less than 5ppm of each of the heavy metals…most being around 2 ppm or below. By that I mean the following metals:

Lead <5ppm
Arsenic < 1ppm
Cadmium < 2ppm
Mercury < 1ppm
Nickel , 5 ppm

Each formula does vary though. I hope this helps

Krystal Snyder-Laboratory Administrative Assistant
J.R.Peters, Inc -6656 Grant Way Allentown PA
(610)-395-7104 ext 46

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

a bit of topic but I was looking at the cost of regular hydroponic nutrients.

5gal of dyna grow bloom 179.00
http://www.horticulturesource.com/product_info.php?products_id=4303

now 20l (5.4) gallons of canna aqua flores a and and 20l of aqua flores b
is 275.00
http://www.pchydro.com/nutrients-canna-c-3_71/aqua-flores-a-b-20-liter-p-2657

So technically you get almost 11 gallons of canna aqua(a + b) for 275,
where as the dynagrow bloom you only get 5 gallons.
It says for application rate for the dynagrow bloom is 2tsp - 3tsp per gallon.
(not sure what ec that would put me at though?)

anyways im trying to figure out which nutrient Im getting a better deal with, is this possible since I don't know what the suggested applciation rate would put me at as far as EC goes??:hunter::big_boss:

lol

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Dyna is the most concentrated liquid fert on the market. Ill pull the profile later tonight for you.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

thank you for everything DS:rock, your scientific approach have been a real blessing to me, and many other farmers as well im sure..:bong-hits:

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Sweetness, my little green "rep bar" just increased from 1 dot to 2 dots, :):joint:

Thanks to everyone for showing me some love:clapping:hi::rock:friday:

Keep the love comming and ill keep returning the love:heart

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Dyna bloom is my favorite nutrient for well rooted cuttings that are freshly transplanted into rockwol because it has the highest P levels of any product i have worked with. For this i run it at an application rate of 4 ml/gal. I will also say i find the high P level far too high for any other purpose.

Dyna Gro Bloom
(3-12-6) (NH4) 0.7% (NO3) 2.3% Mg0.5% Ca2% Fe0.1% S0.09% Mn0.05% @10ml/Gal

N 103

P 181

K 172

Mg 17

Ca 69

S 3

Fe 3.4552

B .691

Cl NOT LISTED

Co 0.0518

Cu 1.7276

Mn 1.7276

Mo 0.0311

Zn 1.7276

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

So P is very important for freshly rooted cutting? you should do a thread talking only about what is needed at what stage in the game... Ill sub it :)

Z

Zombee

New to the site, but not to the overpriced nutes scam. I lucked out and only got my wallet hit for about $100 for my GH stuff for my first 4 grows.

I'm a soil grower now, and just use (currently) a 50/50 mix of FFOF and Root Organic Soil Mix, spiked with Scotts Oscmocote Plus CRF. That's it.

My plants look fantastic and I'm expecting a very nice chop in about 8 weeks. So for soil growers looking for an inexpensive and high quality addition to your grows, look at the CRF/TRF's available.

Peace.

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

Could someone help me figure out how much of the formula to use for a 50 gallon rez, when it comes to veg, & bloom?

I'm growing 91 Chem, rockwool, drain to waste, RO water 0 PPM.

Right now I'm using the full CES Line. In veg I feed around 1100 - 1250PPM.

In flower I feed at 1100PPM. I should start using EC so I'll check this evening what my normal ec comes out to be.

Right now I'm paying $700 per grow and I'm sick and tired of spending money on water.

I'll buy a pallet of Jacks for the cost of one grow and never have to spend another dollar.

edit:

Ok I found this link, and all is good. Going to order Jacks asap, I'm so fucking excited.

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

edit #2:

According to the calculator Jacks forumla at 2.5ML per gallon equals 40PPM of Phosphorus. In flower they recommend 70 to 90. How do you add more P using this system?

While doing the calculators I noticed that when using the full strength line of CES you end up with 152PPM per gallon of sulphur. With Jacks I'm only at 67PPM. How important is Sulphur in all of this?

Thanks for the help,

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

SkywalkerOg Im not really to sure mang, but at least this will bump your question up for someone who is better able to answer:)

420hydro

For dry formulations, look at a commercial growers' supply called Hydro-Gardens dot com. They have a hydroponic formulation that is 5-11-26 (min qty 250 pounds @ $1.544/lb=$381.58) and they also individual chemicals, trace minerals, and chelates. They are in Colorado Springs.

(Some one in Colo. needs to talk them into a cannabis formulation ...)

i just started mixing my own up and it is really easy... especially when you do it via direct addition. i pre-mix my salts/chemicals into individual bottles so that they are already dissolved. So the cost is 4 bucks per 90 gallon reservoir change. Had i gotten a little large quantities, i'd have gotten it down to $3. all for an initial investment of $200. that is good for about 60 or so changes before i need to replenish some ingredients.

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

i just started mixing my own up and it is really easy... especially when you do it via direct addition. i pre-mix my salts/chemicals into individual bottles so that they are already dissolved. So the cost is 4 bucks per 90 gallon reservoir change. Had i gotten a little large quantities, i'd have gotten it down to $3. all for an initial investment of $200. that is good for about 60 or so changes before i need to replenish some ingredients.

How long do you let it set up for? Have you noticed any build up in your medium?

i think i pre-mixed the nutrients in half gallon jugs a day before using cold water heated up. some took awhile to dissolve and a couple had fines at the top of the water. i don't think this is uncommon. then the next day i emptied them into 4 50 gal drums that had pumps in them mixing some more.

it is too soon to tell about salt build-up. i think any salt based nutrient will have some, but i don't run crazy high ppm's. in fact, i don't do all that flushing crap until the very end.

i was VERY intimidated to try, but honestly, it wasn't tough. there are only a couple salts that are required under 1g and there are tricks to make those accurate. also, i am copying someone else's formula. but the ppm's for the different commercial fertilizers match up fairly well to what i am using. in fact, i don't think i'd need to run cal/mag supplements... something that annoyed me with the canna.

also, i didn't have to adjust my ph down nearly as much as when i was using the canna/gh (for the initial mix).

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

Received my shipment of Jacks Hyrdo & Calcium.

I'm running the Hydro formula at .9EC, and the calcium mix at .6EC. For a total of 1.5EC.

Add the hydro formula first and let it fully dissolve. I've been letting it sit a few hours, then adding the calcium.

Plants look great, will keep you updated.

Top Bottom