Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Westie

Westie

Will be using Mega crop on my next grow.
Considered VB, Jacks, others....

Easy feed chart, and nice ppm calc.

Adding a gram of Epsom gets it closer to the 321 ratio.
I read. They are actively working on changing the formula to increase mag.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Will be using Mega crop on my next grow.
Considered VB, Jacks, others....

Easy feed chart, and nice ppm calc.

Adding a gram of Epsom gets it closer to the 321 ratio.
I read. They are actively working on changing the formula to increase mag.

Good..
The mag def is pretty bad about 4 weeks in..I may have to add some Epsom salts soon.
I still have a bunch of Canna Terra Vega, but I will be switching over to Megacrop soon as it is gone..

ALL of these (4) plants have only been fed Megacrop and some Cal-Mag after flipping.
(I use mostly RO)..the Pineapple Xpress2 is the one affected (rear right plant).
Lighting on the left..Nextlight Mini..right are a Unitfarms UFO80 and 2x QB132's (2700k)

3 25 18 2

jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr

I am also using Mega crop but I am adding Cal Mag and epsom salt, I'm starting with r o water. I started with the free sample, not adding any additives, I liked it so much I bought some and am very happy with the results and convenience so far( I haven't finished any completely yet on just Mega crop).

D

dumbthumb

i went shopping for enzymes and i bought this, but now i'm afraid to use it.
Earth Friendly Products 2 lb. Earth Enzymes Drain Opener
$8.44

I called the company and asked about organic and aquaponic safe and they said yes.

its a white powder smells alot like citrus.
i didnt bother asking them how much to use for
hydroponic rez since i didnt think they would
reply.

"Earth Enzymes is our high-performance drain opener that clears and maintains free-flowing drains (also clears clogged septic tanks and cesspools). Made with the power of enzymes, it’s septic safe, grey water safe and readily biodegradable. Can turn solid waste into liquid for maximum drain efficiency.
pH balanced formula is made using only sustainable, plant-based ingredients
Product is free of synthetic perfumes and dyes, grey water and septic safe
May be used regularly as a drain maintainer"

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Do I need to run Most in coco and RO water while using 5-12-26 and Cal-Nitrate?

D

diogodasilva

I have issues with MegaCrop. The 1 part mkt is tempting but there are some unnecessary organic material in powder form in the formula that makes keeping the reservoir clean such a mess! I don't know if its the kelp or something else, but after a few days the reservoir is all dirty and this brown stuff clogs all lines, pumps, stains the walls.. I guess if you mix daily for watering is fine, but keeping it in a running system has proven difficult for me.

Westie

Westie

I have issues with MegaCrop. The 1 part mkt is tempting but there are some unnecessary organic material in powder form in the formula that makes keeping the reservoir clean such a mess! I don't know if its the kelp or something else, but after a few days the reservoir is all dirty and this brown stuff clogs all lines, pumps, stains the walls.. I guess if you mix daily for watering is fine, but keeping it in a running system has proven difficult for me.
Of possible help...

I

iquizzle

I found a product that looks interesting -- curious if anyone has experience with it. It's called MSU Orchid Fertilizer (RO formula). You can find it on ebay... nice and high in calcium. It looks like a good contender for veg in coco. Might be a little high in N for flower.

Macronutrients:

13.0% Total Nitrogen
(Nitrate Nitrogen 12.5%,
Ammoniacal Nitrogen 0.7%)

3% Available Phosphate Acid (P2O5)

15.9% Soluble Potash (K2O)

8.0% Calcium (Ca)

2% Magnesium (Mg)

Derived from calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate,

potassium nitrate and monopotassium phosphate

Micronutrients:

0.177% Iron (Fe)

0.088% Manganese (Mn)

0.044% Zinc (Zn)

0.044% Copper (Cu)

0.018% Boron (B)

0.018% Molybdenum (Mo)

Derived from Iron EDTA, manganese sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, boric acid, ammonium molybdate

Hands On

Hands On

I only use Master Blend 4-18-38 with Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0, and Epsom Salt, All the way thru

NGA

NGA

Your not mixing right,I use it my res never been cleaner,MEGA rocks

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Well back to expensive nutes (I am finishing my Canna Terra nutes off now and switching to Megacrop which I have already tested)

Canna is great but way too expensive imo. Humboldt Ginormous is the PK booster.

Canna Terra Grow
Greenpoint Seeds Cackleberry in the Middle is a clone of mine.
8 6 18
8 6 18 1

cottageman

cottageman

Has anyone had Experience with Perfect Grower Nutrients? It's a 4 part powder I use for veg/ bloom. I can post pictures of the ingredients if someone wants but it seems to be a pretty good dry powder mix and they have a thorough feeding chart if you want to follow that kind of thing. I am on my second run right now with them

Top Bottom