Chiller Size Advice

• Thread starter didgeridude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

didgeridude

Hey guys. I've just started a tent grow. I'm running a 600w MH and it's producing ambient temps in my tent of around 82-84 degrees with 45-50% RH. Needless to say, my reservoir temps will be too hot if the air temperature is that high. I have decided to invest in a water chiller before commencing the grow. I'm using an 18 galon res for 3 plants in total. I hear that res temps should be around 68-72 degrees. Will I be okay with a 1/10hp chiller or do I need a 1/4hp one?

DGP

DGP

What size is your tent and how many gallons does you system have in it when it is full and running? I believe the manufacturer gives you a range of gallons they are good for but you also have to consider how hot the area gets where the chiller will sit. I have a system running 55 gallons between the reservoir and buckets (DWC Undercurrent) and a top off res that is 15 gallons and I run a 1/4 horse chiller and it just barely has to run so I could have probably gone 1/10 but I am going to expand in the future so I went over capacity.

Dee

DGP

DGP

1/10 horse chiller
1 10 hp chiller curve

1/4 horse chiller
1 4 horse chiller curve

DGP

DGP

Didgeridude,

How did the chiller thing work out for you? Did you find a size match?

Dee

Top Bottom