Chilli Thrips

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I seem to of got these lil buggers any one know a good way to kill them and to prevent them I have them in the flowering stage so don't think I can spay growing buds can I?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You can get some spinosad and mix it in your feed/flush water as long as you have a month or so left to flush it I would still use it. Local garden stores sell some or you can buy it online.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I seem to of got these lil buggers any one know a good way to kill them and to prevent them I have them in the flowering stage so don't think I can spay growing buds can I?
About the only thing i would use is Been.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I think he meant neem, I wouldn't spray anything around them in flower. Spinosad will get rid of thrips for sure and there are quite a few products that contain it like monterey garden spray or jacks dead bug flower and vegetable garden dust. You just mix some in with your regular feed water and it will kill them for sure. Thrips hide in the soil and then come out when everything is calm to feed, if you open your tent quick and look at the dirt sometimes you will see one scurrying into the dirt.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Many local stores have this, it will eradicate alot of pests including thrips.

Toaster79

Toaster79

What make u think u got thrips?

2016 08 22 23 46 48

I'd be interested in a close up of the marked area under some better lighting.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

looks like as u see it silver patches all over I used my mirco and got up a close up of one of them fast lil guys

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew
For Organic Gardening
Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew contains Spinosad (spin-OH-sid), a naturally occuring soil dwelling bacterium that was collected on a Caribbean island from an abandoned rum distillery in 1982.
This unique bacterium was defined as a new species when it was discovered, and it has never been found in nature anywhere else in the world. Since being discovered, Spinosad has become a leading pesticide used by agriculture world wide in the production of organic produce.
Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew kills bagworms, borers, beetles, caterpillars, codling moth, gypsy moth, loopers, leaf miners, spider mites, tent caterpillars, thrips and more!
How to mix:
Add the required amount of this product to the recommended amount of water, mix thoroughly, and apply uniformly to both upper and lower surfaces of plant foliage. It is recommended to mix only as much spray as needed for a single treatment. In vegetable gardens, it is recommended to use not more than 3 gallons of spray for 1000 sq ft of area. Do not use kitchen utensils for measuring. Keep measuring utensils with product and away from children.
Amount of this product to Use per
Pint, Quart or Gallon of Spray
Unit of Measure
Per Pint
(16 fl oz)
of Spray
Per Quart
(32 fl oz)
of Spray
Per Gallon
(128 fl oz)
of Spray

Fluid Ounces (fl oz) 0.25 fl oz 0.5 fl oz 2 fl oz
Mililiters (mL) 7.5 mL 15 mL 60 mL
Tablespoons (Tbs) 1/2 Tbs 1 Tbs 4 Tbs
Teaspoons (tsp) 1 1/2 tsp 3 tsp 12 tsp
Conversion factors: 1 fl oz = 30 mL = 2 tablespoons (Tbs) = 6 teaspoons (tsp) (1 teaspoon = 1/3 tablespoon)
How to apply:
This product may be applied with trigger sprayer, hand-held, backpack, or hose-end sprayers. Use a hose-end sprayer that can be adjusted o provide a dilution ratio of about 2 fl oz of this product (4 Tbs) per gallon of spray

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I just mix it into my water and water as I normally do or use the spinosad dust to top dress.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

ill try first in the soil as u say and go from there I don't seem to have them to bad I keep going in there and looking every thing over and smash any thing I see

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so the jack spayed worked for a lil but now seem back in full force going to get a new bottle and really give them a really good soak wait 16 days and re spray

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Promis

3 application soil drenched at 10ml/gal.

Done

No more bugs

Top Bottom