Chobbles Mother Room!

• Thread starter Chobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chobble

Chobble

Howdy All,

Its been about a year since I was really active on the farm. A lot of my original experience as a grower came from online forums much like the farm in my early years. Now while I work on my fifth year of growing, at the ripe age of twenty. I want to give back to the community as much as possibly. So I'm coming back to get connected with old friends, make near friends and help out my fellow growers with any knowledge I have.

As for me, I am majoring in Bio-Chem at UCSC. I have worked in the horticulture industry growing hydroponic Tomatoes and for an aquaponic systems company. I also work for the local Community College as a TA in their horticulture department. I spent two years at a well respected collective that focus' on patients in hospice, There I worked as a garden manager growing strictly sun grown medicine.

When I was 16 I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder, I would have long spouts of manic states where I would spend sometimes up to a week if not more awake in a crazed state. After that I would crash and become depressed for long spans of time and It was ruining my life. After attempting to kill myself they put me on a cocktail of medications, after I was "stabilized". I then continued to take these drugs, that made me shake, constant diarrhea, shakey hands, lazy and I put even more weight then my already chubby self.

Now I continued this for maybe three maybe more months. Absolute hell in-sued. Then I went to see my doctor and got my blood drawn three months later, The kidney function tests showed that my kidney function was severely declining. So what was I to do? Try a new cocktail? No, I continued to read and do research about alternative medicines. I knew pot made me happy but I found out that CBD can actually replace Four of the seven medications (Mood Stabilizers and SSRI's). With that I decided to take the plunge, Pop open a jar of weed that I was saving from the summer before and smoke it. (Mind you the doctors also told me that marijauna could have severe side effects with my medication, thanks assholes.) I did, and for the next two weeks. I continued on with a happy life style, Side effects went away; I was mellow, calm and for a lack of words happy.

The next step was to find a CBD concentrate that I could take daily to help replace my mood stabilizers. A few years ago, that was damn near impossible. I stumbled across one little rough and ready collective of members, that I later worked for. They saved my life. Providing me with CBD capsules at next to nothing and working with my family who where not really against pot, but uncomfortable with there underage son having a medical marijauna card. Anyways, Things turned around. I started doing better in school, my life got better. Im now at a University and I am going to help plenty more people like myself.

Anyways I just like to let people know why I do this, what I get from it, and why I'm happy to help people to the full extent of my abilities.

Okay now for my actual journal. Sorry :)

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

I'm going to be honest, I wanted to make this about all of my escapades. I will post pictures of my other projects I promise. I just want to keep it simple, recently someone posted on one of my old thread it spurred my interest while I was scrolling through my email. So I thought about posting a project that would be one of the most useful to you guys, The new mother room I'm installing to supply clones for my ventures along with plenty of CBD dominant varieties that I can tuck away. Now for this project though, I'm going back to the place where I originally started indoor growing.

0312121839_01-jpg.202242

This really isn't the best picture, place to grow or set up. Now with my experience, I kick myself. Oh well.

Now I have this though...

0828131106 1

While its not the room of my dreams, It has everything I need. And a medicine cabinet for storage. I dont have any 4x2 flood tables. I really didnt want to throw down cash for any more flood tables. So I thought oo what the hell, I'll build some!

Found those two big mixing tubs at Home depot and the 30 Gal rez for 10$. So I thought oo what the hell, I'm gonna build myself a system.

Got a pump I had laying around and tossed that bad boy in there, I need to go tack on the nipples and get the 1/4 poly hose's running. I'm trying a new drip emitter on this system too, They look like they will work will with the peat-lite media I'm going to use.

I also need to run to the store and grab some zip ties. So I'll be back seems like a mighty nice day to ride the bike a few blocks anyways!

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Alright, So I set up the system. Got everything tied up the drains installed and they drippers in the soil. Then I started to pot up my clones that I have selected as mothers into 3 gallon smart pots. I got an awesome deal on craigslist 50 cloth pots for .50 cents each. It was a steal! Needless to say, can never have enough cloth pots. So far I only have three clones that where waiting to go in. I'll be bringing more in the next few days.

0828131844a 1

Anyways the first three strains I've decided...

Girl Scout Cookies
Alien OG
Bubba Gold x Bubba Kush (Personal Cross)

The whole system is made to support at max eight mothers, I may just stop at 4 select strains so I can have two mothers of each variety.

The system is working out great though, I may re-do the watering system because I found my tool for punching holes in irrigation after I finished the project. It leaks a bit to much but it isnt anything serious. I'm also going to limit it to one tap hose for the 1/4 inch poly. To keep the pressure even, as the emitters I bought arn't the pressurized ones I like :(.

0828131844 1

You can see the leaks. It waters great though, Doing six gallons a session now. I will probably up it to 10 with max plants. I'm thinking about bringing in a trash can to use as a res. I bleach all my pots and trays in the two cans in my back yard, I suppose I could give up one. Keeping this project truly DIY.

Chobble

A

atomic punk

C
Howdy All,

Its been about a year since I was really active on the farm. A lot of my original experience as a grower came from online forums much like the farm in my early years. Now while I work on my fifth year of growing, at the ripe age of twenty. I want to give back to the community as much as possibly. So I'm coming back to get connected with old friends, make near friends and help out my fellow growers with any knowledge I have.

As for me, I am majoring in Bio-Chem at UCSC. I have worked in the horticulture industry growing hydroponic Tomatoes and for an aquaponic systems company. I also work for the local Community College as a TA in their horticulture department. I spent two years at a well respected collective that focus' on patients in hospice, There I worked as a garden manager growing strictly sun grown medicine.

When I was 16 I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder, I would have long spouts of manic states where I would spend sometimes up to a week if not more awake in a crazed state. After that I would crash and become depressed for long spans of time and It was ruining my life. After attempting to kill myself they put me on a cocktail of medications, after I was "stabilized". I then continued to take these drugs, that made me shake, constant diarrhea, shakey hands, lazy and I put even more weight then my already chubby self.

Now I continued this for maybe three maybe more months. Absolute hell in-sued. Then I went to see my doctor and got my blood drawn three months later, The kidney function tests showed that my kidney function was severely declining. So what was I to do? Try a new cocktail? No, I continued to read and do research about alternative medicines. I knew pot made me happy but I found out that CBD can actually replace Four of the seven medications (Mood Stabilizers and SSRI's). With that I decided to take the plunge, Pop open a jar of weed that I was saving from the summer before and smoke it. (Mind you the doctors also told me that marijauna could have severe side effects with my medication, thanks assholes.) I did, and for the next two weeks. I continued on with a happy life style, Side effects went away; I was mellow, calm and for a lack of words happy.

The next step was to find a CBD concentrate that I could take daily to help replace my mood stabilizers. A few years ago, that was damn near impossible. I stumbled across one little rough and ready collective of members, that I later worked for. They saved my life. Providing me with CBD capsules at next to nothing and working with my family who where not really against pot, but uncomfortable with there underage son having a medical marijauna card. Anyways, Things turned around. I started doing better in school, my life got better. Im now at a University and I am going to help plenty more people like myself.

Anyways I just like to let people know why I do this, what I get from it, and why I'm happy to help people to the full extent of my abilities.

Okay now for my actual journal. Sorry :)

Chobble, your honesty is refreshing, most men would never divulge anything that would remotely resemble weakness. You are a very strong young man and I personally am very proud of you. I look forward to watching this endeavor.
Take care young brother,

420alldaze

420alldaze

glad to hear you found something that helps. im diagnosed with the same. so I know the feeling. along for this ride. 420

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm glad you've come back to share what you've got growing on, and took the sharing that much further by sharing your story. I have a couple of family members with bipolar, one does get pretty much like a tweaker when she's in a manic state. She will only take Zoloft, alcohol and weed, though, so no cocktails (unless they include tequila or vodka) for her. But, knowing that a high-CBD strain is helpful for you is helpful for me, yet another reason to source and grow some of these lines out.

Chobble

Chobble

Thanks for all the love everyone :). I'm really happy to be back on the farm and see so many familiar faces. I love the farm especially because of the amount of members on here that are patients as well.

Anyways, I'm going to bring down another cutting for the mother room today. Either Harli-Tsu or Canna-Tsu. I have two other harli-tsu mothers spread around town, So I'm thinking the Canna-Tsu will do.

As for nutrients I think I'm going to order a bag of Peters Citrus FEed. I know I'm a dirty organic soil grower, but I really think the more economical and easier way to take care of these mothers will be with chemical nutes.

Any thoughts on that?

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Well I'm back. I've been off working on new projects, and trimming my heart out :D. I'm about ready to top the mothers, I was waiting to see if I cant get an extra clone off all the babies when I top rather then just waste the foliage. I would like to run a tester run under some HPS or in the greenhouse to see how they stretch etc.​
Kind of crappy pictures tonight folks. Sorry.​
Anyways been feeding them @ 50 PPM Nitrogen every 24/hrs. They're enjoying it quite a bit. I think I will be adding more perlite to these mothers though as they will be in these pots permanentlyand peat moss can lose its porsity.​
Chobble​

GetAttachment 1
GetAttachment
Chobble

Chobble

Got back in the room today, Everything is looking really great in there. I love the design of the trays, It works really well. If I end up ever have a 4x2 nook I may just do this again.

0911130838d

Anyways here are the ladies before I chopped there heads off...

Alien OG Lookin Damn good after two weeks of veg, Looking like Ill be using this bad boy for production.

0911130838a

Girl Scout Cookies lookin good but still a little slow, If I take that apical meristem off early it may be a good option for production.

0911130838b

This one is just here because well, I needed a sativa and this bad boy is one of my favorite strains of the summer. Looks like c02 deprevation though so I may need to work on the ventalation in the room a bit more, even though I thought I was doing good with a Day time high of 79 and night time low of 75. With a DIF of 4, I may even adjust it more to prevent stretching.The DIF factor really seems to be helping, and Im really happy I use it.

I went with two different training styles to match the growth patterns of these varieties. For the more uniform Alien OG and GSC I went with a simple top, that will leave for 2-4 main branches to produce clones from. As where I left the meristem in tact and just pulled over the BGxSC. I will most likely top the BGxSC down the road, but for now I want to encourage more grwoth on the axels.

0911130906a

Anyways, Working on setting up 4K watts here and 8K watts somewhere else. This winter is gonna be funnnnnnnnnnn. Working out the wiring with my electrician tomorrow, gotta get that 220!

Chobble

soserthc1

soserthc1

Welcome back inspiring story would of never guessed you were only 20 yrs old . Your writing skills and growing skills are much more advanced than a 20 year old ......

best of luck

Chobble

Chobble

Welcome back inspiring story would of never guessed you were only 20 yrs old . Your writing skills and growing skills are much more advanced than a 20 year old ......

best of luck

I guess I could be considered an old soul haha. Anyways thanks soser :) Im happy to see your still around here too.

Chobble

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Hey chobble, great story and stoked that you found cannabis works so well with you. I am wondering if you are using anything for spider mites? It seems that there are some on that sativa picture you show. Good luck with this endeavor, I am excited to see the finished products.

Chobble

Chobble

Hey chobble, great story and stoked that you found cannabis works so well with you. I am wondering if you are using anything for spider mites? It seems that there are some on that sativa picture you show. Good luck with this endeavor, I am excited to see the finished products.

Yeah I caught that the other day. Spraying with azatrol and drenching to make sure I get rid of them.

Any other Ideas?

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah I caught that the other day. Spraying with azatrol and drenching to make sure I get rid of them.

Any other Ideas?
Oh sure! There are many ways to get rid of mites but what has worked best for me is to prune the plant and leave only the top two or three nodes, this way there is less plant matter to treat. Azatrol works great ime, but it is absolutely necessary to spray a minimum of 3 times with a 3-5 day interval in sprays. I like to use a little bit of a higher concentration each time and use a wetting agent as well, like sm90. a thorough cleaning of the room and surroundings helps tremendously as well. Good luck!

Chobble

Chobble

Oh sure! There are many ways to get rid of mites but what has worked best for me is to prune the plant and leave only the top two or three nodes, this way there is less plant matter to treat. Azatrol works great ime, but it is absolutely necessary to spray a minimum of 3 times with a 3-5 day interval in sprays. I like to use a little bit of a higher concentration each time and use a wetting agent as well, like sm90. a thorough cleaning of the room and surroundings helps tremendously as well. Good luck!

Thanks, I've been treating that plant for almost a month. KI may just pull it as removing all that foliage would probably ruin its eligibility for motherhood. My IPM plan calls for a neem spray every two weeks, Azatrol is just whipping out the big guns. I have been doing that every 5 days.

I've been scaling it up from 5ML/Quart to tomorrows treatment which will be 10ML. The room is brand new. I bleach the floor and any troubled areas once every two weeks. Actually did yesterday.

I'm being careful, because I have two 4x8 Flood trays sitting in the room before this bathroom. Mites in this general area would be terrible.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Here's a smidge of an update. I promise to post more with pictures :)

I've been treating every 3 days with azamax for the mites (Thanks savana)

I've also being forcing the ladies down just the way they like it, promoting a lot of lateral branching. The Alien OG is taking the best to it, so it is still looking like my most vigorous variety at the moment.

Anyways Im back to work, gotta get trimming.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Been busy with school, trimming and working.

I have some pictures that are a week old now, I took clones on the 30th so these where taken on the 26th a few days before the great chop.

I pulled a WHOPPING 26 3"+ Cuttings from the Alien OG mother

0926130911b

While also getting a mere 12 from the Girl Scout Cookies.

They're now rooting in a humidity dome, under two T5's with a heating mat. The riot cubes where soaked in a mixture of B1 Vitamin and 6-3-5 nute at 15 PPM's Nitrogen overnight before the cuttings where taken.

Anyways looks like the Alien OG will be the producer for the new flower room I'm building. You can follow the progress here...

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/new-room-new-cooling-questions.58450/

@Spidermites
No spider mites seen on the leaves of the mothers or clones. Going to proceed with a Bi-Weekly IPM treatment of Azamax and SNS intermittently(Cause hey, who knows resistance exists). I also need to get sticky traps, I keep forgetting them at the damn store.

Anyways Ill be back with more pictures soon!

Chobble

Latest posts

Top Bottom