• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
D0A51EE3 693E 497F BE65 F274CA4E34C9

Plants are back in the flowering chamber. We are rockin and rolling once again. Gonna wait a day or two more on the AKs. I don’t have anything quite ready to take their place yet anyhow. Might as well let them go a little longer.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

View attachment 846484 View attachment 846485

Just spraying down the latest pollen toss reciepients so they can go back into the flowering chamber. I dusted two branches on each with the male cookies n cream pollen. One on the left is cookies n cream the one on the right is choco d (sour d pheno).

Wow! They look beautimus.

Sh*t, brother, I didn't even know you had posted anything lately. Not one alert. I'll try unwatching and following again. I don't know why the alert system flakes out like this. I've been too preoccupied lately to manually search through my friends profiles on here. Sorry.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Pwaahahaha, as I was writing that an alert popped up for your most recent post. I wonder if they go dormant after a while.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
No worries bro. Not much really happening lately. Just a few small pollen chucks. Ran out of pollen. Gotta flower out the male again and collect some more. Can’t wait to try some of these crosses. I’ll toss ya some beans to try out too in exchange for some of that banana ice cream beauty you got reversed. I’ve been checking out ice cream by paradise. I think chocolate banana ice cream would be awesome.

I think one of my goals will be to isolate the chocolate terp profile and keep the chocolate diesel line alive. I’ve got a couple outcrosses in the works right now. I’ll grow them out and do some backcrossing.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I missed out on Cocoa Puffs by hazeman. I had submitted my order 4 times and each time their system had issues and didn’t process the payment. Sucks. I wish theyd get them in here. I’d rather support the farm anyhow. It’s just the older genetics I’ve been chasing have been at other Seedbank’s lately. Ahh well.

I’m sure there tons of fire here tho, I just haven’t been chasing potency lately and don’t know enough about the newer strains to really have much confidence in them. At $100-150+ a pack of beans I want to be damn sure of what I’m buying. I have picked up a few packs of exotic and thunderfudge so I’ll give those a go here soon and see what they are all about. The cookies n cream is an exotic strain so I’m interested to see how it turns out. Things are looking good though and the terp profile is very sweet vanilla on this one I’m flowering now. So I’ve got high hopes for it.

Got some blueberry and bubblegum on the way soon so I’ve got to grow those out as well. So many great memories from them back in the early 2000s.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

No worries bro. Not much really happening lately. Just a few small pollen chucks. Ran out of pollen. Gotta flower out the male again and collect some more. Can’t wait to try some of these crosses. I’ll toss ya some beans to try out too in exchange for some of that banana ice cream beauty you got reversed. I’ve been checking out ice cream by paradise. I think chocolate banana ice cream would be awesome.

I think one of my goals will be to isolate the chocolate terp profile and keep the chocolate diesel line alive. I’ve got a couple outcrosses in the works right now. I’ll grow them out and do some backcrossing.

Remember, mine aren't just Chocolate Banana Ice Cream, they're Banana "Royale" due to their succulent 25% rosin producing, high potency, 3' cola Royal Nepal Kush grandparents. There is only one other of my currently held strains that I'm as excited about breeding and that's the Chocolate Orange Creamsicle. I wish I could send you a nugg of it. The most common reaction I get from people smelling it the first time is, "No Way!!!" I feel like Wierd Jimmy from Nice Dreams and soon I'll be surrounded by iguanas. Pwaaaahahahaha!!!

I'm just as excited about your phenos though. "Welcome to the Revolution!" I hope we printed enough pamphlets.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah I meant we should collaborate and create a chocolate banana ice cream down the road. Maybe call it banana split or something, haha. If not that’s ok too.

Dude, I am so down with that. You isolate and I'll crazy breed. You pick specific traits and I'll play the genetic lottery. We can just swap back and forth with cool phenos. I was just reminding you we've got a beauty of a wild card with that Royal bloodline.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
For sure. That would be fun. Create something really cool. Sorta like breeder Steve did with DJ Short with the blueberry lines years ago. Lots of cool possibilities.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

For sure. That would be fun. Create something really cool. Sorta like breeder Steve did with DJ Short with the blueberry lines years ago. Lots of cool possibilities.

Exactly. I don't want you to misunderstand, I wasn't being snooty or possessive, I'm super excited. You can call the strains whatever you want. Number them for all I care. As long as we keep our records straight so we don't lose anything important. I'm going to buy a three ring binder and start a playbook. Everything from strains, to nutrients, to lighting, to brainstorming random growing and breeding ideas, plant pictures, etc... See what it becomes over the next 3, 5, 10 yrs. Like a time capsule.

Phylex

Phylex

View attachment 845002 View attachment 845003 View attachment 845004

First two pics are of the AK47 that’s nearing the finish line. The last pic shows the seed pods on one of the two AK47s that had a branch pollinated. The plant will be done before the seeds are fully mature so I’ll leave that branch until they are ready.
This may be a dumb question, but how do you know when the seeds are fully mature and its time to harvest them?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Exactly. I don't want you to misunderstand, I wasn't being snooty or possessive, I'm super excited. You can call the strains whatever you want. Number them for all I care. As long as we keep our records straight so we don't lose anything important. I'm going to buy a three ring binder and start a playbook. Everything from strains, to nutrients, to lighting, to brainstorming random growing and breeding ideas, plant pictures, etc... See what it becomes over the next 3, 5, 10 yrs. Like a time capsule.

Great idea. I might do the same. DJ Short and breeder Steve did as well.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah I meant we should collaborate and create a chocolate banana ice cream down the road. Maybe call it banana split or something, haha. If not that’s ok too.

Oh yeah, I just remembered, I liked the Banana Split name to build on... but, of course, it's already been used, heavily. It's hard to come up with unique new names of sweet strains while staying true to their lineage. Sweet strains are so popular that some breeders are jacking names that don't represent traits at all. I'm not down with that and I know you aren't either. We're both idea men though, so between the two of us we should have no problem. One caveat, it would be cool if permanent names of any unique collaborative strains are at least somewhat clever. To me, strain names speak loads about a breeder.

Phylex

Phylex

Oh yeah, I just remembered, I liked the Banana Split name to build on... but, of course, it's already been used, heavily. It's hard to come up with unique new names of sweet strains while staying true to their lineage. Sweet strains are so popular that some breeders are jacking names that don't represent traits at all. I'm not down with that and I know you aren't either. We're both idea men though, so between the two of us we should have no problem. One caveat, it would be cool if permanent names of any unique collaborative strains are at least somewhat clever. To me, strain names speak loads about a breeder.
Baskin Robbins

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Baskin Robbins

That's a trademarked name. IMO, better to have a name that is less likely to be challenged. I don't care if they take it away, I just don't want to ever get hit for damages. Been through one court battle over big money and I don't recommend it. $600k in attorneys fees. That sh*t was scary. People be liars on the stand for $$$.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I’m sure we aren’t going to use any trademarked names. Worst they’ll do tho is send a cease and desist like with gorilla glue.

Top Bottom