Citrus Berry Finish

• Thread starter SimplyCmplex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Ok, let me start by saying, I don't consider myself an expert farmer, but far from a beginner. I have a few years under my belt learned a great deal through trial and error, and from the info others make available to us through their own experiences. Have grown many different strains from many different breeders. This strain in particular was quite the headscratcher.

I Acquired a 10 pack and popped all 10. I got seven females. I should have been quite happy. Five of the seven were quite deformed. Whispy and lanky, leaves were very thin and spiraly and took forever to show sex. Now first thing I did was try and retrace everything I had done. Check water, tea, light, humidity/temp. Everything was fantastic, heck I popped them the same time I did the other exotic gear, none of them exhibited the same symptoms. I eventually ended up ditching all but the two that appeared to be ok. There was a super fast tall full grower "CB#1", early I figured she was a male. The second was half as tall and half as full after a month and a half veg "CB#2". I placed CB#2 in the tent approx. 3 weeks after CB#1. Two weeks into flower I was trimming lower growth on the others and checked her over, nanners...and balls..she hermied, tossed :( So many different factors that can cause a plant to hermie, but I can't for the life of me pinpoint an exact culprit.

Now CB#1 was extremely finicky! She didn't like direct light, so I placed her on the outside. When starting out new strains in flower I typically start with half strength and go from there. She could never accept over half strength. By the end of week 3 I cut her N back to almost nothing, because her leaves started "clawing" flushed her and placed her on a straight water diet for a week. She never got "hard", buds stayed spongy. Could be because of the apparent clawing, high N, but I caught it so early. Who knows? I know what you may be thinking, my temps never exceed 81 or below 67, pretty stable. If there was a smell scale 1-10 with 10 being the dankest of the dank...CB#1 would be a 1. Almost no smell at all. Now on the color factor, she has very nice color. I was so hopeful especially with the lineage..cmon kimbo kush x orange valley og how can that not be exquisite? Unfortunately none of my citrus berries were. Perhaps the cure, will bring out her smell.

Citrus berry finish 6
Citrus berry finish 5
Citrus berry finish 7
Citrus berry finish 4
Citrus berry finish 3
Citrus berry finish 2
Citrus berry finish

mancdank

mancdank

Ok, let me start by saying, I don't consider myself an expert farmer, but far from a beginner. I have a few years under my belt learned a great deal through trial and error, and from the info others make available to us through their own experiences. Have grown many different strains from many different breeders. This strain in particular was quite the headscratcher.

I Acquired a 10 pack and popped all 10. I got seven females. I should have been quite happy. Five of the seven were quite deformed. Whispy and lanky, leaves were very thin and spiraly and took forever to show sex. Now first thing I did was try and retrace everything I had done. Check water, tea, light, humidity/temp. Everything was fantastic, heck I popped them the same time I did the other exotic gear, none of them exhibited the same symptoms. I eventually ended up ditching all but the two that appeared to be ok. There was a super fast tall full grower "CB#1", early I figured she was a male. The second was half as tall and half as full after a month and a half veg "CB#2". I placed CB#2 in the tent approx. 3 weeks after CB#1. Two weeks into flower I was trimming lower growth on the others and checked her over, nanners...and balls..she hermied, tossed :( So many different factors that can cause a plant to hermie, but I can't for the life of me pinpoint an exact culprit.

Now CB#1 was extremely finicky! She didn't like direct light, so I placed her on the outside. When starting out new strains in flower I typically start with half strength and go from there. She could never accept over half strength. By the end of week 3 I cut her N back to almost nothing, because her leaves started "clawing" flushed her and placed her on a straight water diet for a week. She never got "hard", buds stayed spongy. Could be because of the apparent clawing, high N, but I caught it so early. Who knows? I know what you may be thinking, my temps never exceed 81 or below 67, pretty stable. If there was a smell scale 1-10 with 10 being the dankest of the dank...CB#1 would be a 1. Almost no smell at all. Now on the color factor, she has very nice color. I was so hopeful especially with the lineage..cmon kimbo kush x orange valley og how can that not be exquisite? Unfortunately none of my citrus berries were. Perhaps the cure, will bring out her smell.

View attachment 652431 View attachment 652430 View attachment 652432 View attachment 652429 View attachment 652428 View attachment 652427 View attachment 652426
I've run some mint choc chip that was the same absolutely no smell what so ever I ended up with 2 females out of a pack 1 of em was this and the other is fire but needs a big veg and train to get it to pull the numbers. I've run flight. lemon meringue and choc covered strawbs the flight was also a let down tbh but the choc strawbs and lemon meringue are real special and some of the best smoke I've ever had

Limonene

Limonene

I've run some mint choc chip that was the same absolutely no smell what so ever I ended up with 2 females out of a pack 1 of em was this and the other is fire but needs a big veg and train to get it to pull the numbers. I've run flight. lemon meringue and choc covered strawbs the flight was also a let down tbh but the choc strawbs and lemon meringue are real special and some of the best smoke I've ever had
Flipping hell I've read that same post on about 20 different occasions!

mancdank

mancdank

Flipping hell I've read that same post on about 20 different occasions!
I will give credit where it's due though bro u have been through all the kimbo threads it's absolute fire ain't it I haven't looked forward to popping beans like this since the strawbs

Limonene

Limonene

View attachment 652431 View attachment 652430 View attachment 652432 View attachment 652429 View attachment 652428 View attachment 652427 View attachment 652426
By the way I've seen people on IG moan about this strain as well. Im sure one guy said he felt they all had TMV. I'm not sure if thats even possible from seed but theres issues in that line as far as i can gather. Which is a shame as i have a pack in my fridge lol.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Don't you just hate that. Beautiful, good yielding plants, lacking in smell!

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Been trying to get one of the lost packs of choco covered strawberries from shn for a few months. They had em on auction but they were having issues. I'd love to have a bean or 2 of em. Consider yourself lucky.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

By the way I've seen people on IG moan about this strain as well. Im sure one guy said he felt they all had TMV. I'm not sure if thats even possible from seed but theres issues in that line as far as i can gather. Which is a shame as i have a pack in my fridge lol.

Without being negative, I flat out cannot recommend this strain. Such a disappointment.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

This is my first experience with a plant with no smell. have you had this experience before?
Not like no smell, no. All of mine have had smell. Just some so much more than others. My laughing tiger yielded great, but didn't have near the terps that my Hashberry does! Peeps love ❤️ the terps! I do too!

G

Genetic Newb

Just wanted to chime in on this strain, week 8 starts Fri. Only 3 of the 10 seeds made it to veg., 1 of those 3 stayed short(half the size of the other 2) looked lighter in color, and ended up a hermie by the 3rd week of flower. Both of the remaining citrus berries smell, one like Gatorade the other is like sticking your face into the powdered tang jar(very pungent). Both are dense, the Gatorade one looks bigger but the Tang one looks like it has double the trichs.. no lie it's beautiful

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

I've ran CB several times and from clones. Sometimes they will make a male bit way down low and she will hide it with a flower and that flower will have several seeds but not the whole plant and not enough pollen to go to any other plants in the room and I have a shit ton of fan blowing. So yeah, love it... free S1 seeds all fems.

Top Bottom