"Clear Concentrate" praise and questions

• Thread starter EMC2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EMC2

EMC2

So I was at the Cup in SF this past weekend. Harborside had a new type of concentrate that was a "clear" Skywalker OG I believe. It was very good, tasty, and heavily medicating.

Here's a link to their site with a pic of the wax.

It was great. They said it was made using heat and pressure.

My question is....How in the world did they produce this? They said it was solvent-less.

Does anyone have any guesses on how to create this? I would love to make this at home. Thanks

germinator

germinator

Interesting cuz my clearest is always from thin film with low or no heat......is all solvent less ice extracted??

EMC2

EMC2

@Jon - it wasn't BHO. It was solventless. It had a lemon-lime coloring. Haven't seen that in any type of BHO.

@Germ - Solventless just means no chemicals used in the extractions. Ex: BHO and Iso require chemical extractions therefore they are NOT solventless. Ice/water isn't a chemical therefore its solventless.

@Sealed - I tried it and saw it with my own eyes. No chemical taste at all in the wax. No after-burn or anything similar to not fully purged BHO.

germinator

germinator

@Jon - it wasn't BHO. It was solventless. It had a lemon-lime coloring. Haven't seen that in any type of BHO.

@Germ - Solventless just means no chemicals used in the extractions. Ex: BHO and Iso require chemical extractions therefore they are NOT solventless. Ice/water isn't a chemical therefore its solventless.

@Sealed - I tried it and saw it with my own eyes. No chemical taste at all in the wax. No after-burn or anything similar to not fully purged BHO.

I'm well aware of solvent extractions...my question is other than ice extractions, how does one go "solvent less"

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah I am curious about this solvent-less concentrate too! There was that story in hightimes a couple years ago about some dude making wax out of a steam method, they did not get too detailed but I am curious about the process and what this may be. I saw some stuff called "holy water" but it turned out to be bho blown with fresh frozen trim. Tasted unreal nevertheless.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I'm well aware of solvent extractions...my question is other than ice extractions, how does one go "solvent less"
The essential oil industry uses cold pressing and dry steam to extract mono and sesquiterpenes, but diterpenes like cannabinoids are a push, so they typically use a solvent.

You can vaporize the terpenes and re-condense them, or indeed fractionally distill them with heat, but you won't end up with any of the carboxylic acid forms left and they will be darker, because of caramelized plant sugars.

A young early harvest (clear trichomes) Sativa, extracted fresh frozen, will produce colors even lighter colored than the ones shown, even extracted with butane.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

my guess if it's truly "clear" or white" would be that it's a rosin of some sort....if anyone gets new info on this post it up....take it easy

sixstring

sixstring

Maybe they used a fancy co2 machine and dont want to tell anyone?

germinator

germinator

The essential oil industry uses cold pressing and dry steam to extract mono and sesquiterpenes, but diterpenes like cannabinoids are a push, so they typically use a solvent.

You can vaporize the terpenes and re-condense them, or indeed fractionally distill them with heat, but you won't end up with any of the carboxylic acid forms left and they will be darker, because of caramelized plant sugars.

A young early harvest (clear trichomes) Sativa, extracted fresh frozen, will produce colors even lighter colored than the ones shown, even extracted with butane.
I'm a huge fan of fresh frozen materials in my extractions and its cuz of your info mr. gw...and while I have tried almost everything you and mr. Jump suggest.. That one is way too big for my little hobby shop. But as always I appreciate your knowledge. You guys changed the game for me.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

i thought bs at first...but did lil more research... @ gdub....sublimation???? or ur saying typically yes, just not w thc...

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Ran into somebody that had some
Thought everybody would appreciate another pic
Wm71nCF

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

just looks like fire oil to me.... maybe a few parameters tweaked...no chopping up..filtering..early...less heat...nothing special there...i mean looks great dont get me wrong, but i dont buy that its solventless...sorry..make me a believer...please.

i mean ive made shit that looks like that plenty of times..just dep on strain n when harv..temps..chop or not..like i already said...

just like gdub said...early sativa..

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
The display seemed to use some slick wording.
From wat i remember it didn't directly sat that there was no solvent used in the process.
It just said that there was no leftover solvents in the product.

Graywolf

Graywolf

This is a plain ole Cheese absolute using a Terpenator at 85F and vacuum purging at 115F. I've seen even lighter colored extractions starting with an early harvest Sativa.

Vacuum purged Cheese Absolute 1 1
mjj9

mjj9

So This "clear" really had me , I came across a group claiming A process of purification rather then extraction, anybody ?????

Top Bottom