Clockworx dry/cure method (step by step)

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Great thread @clockworx Thinking if moving my drying room out of house to a metal building. Because of smell anyone coming to door can smell besides household member bitching about smell. Would a tent work in a large barn that is very cold 45 With a heater and fan ? Or to small of a area ? Or some type of system to pull the smell outta house. There is a window I open but doesn't seem to do it Around 3 pounds will be drying Could shut the bloom room and hang but that would waste time. Room at house is already set with lines for drying. Thank you any suggest please. M

F

FooDoo

IMG 20150111 122022804 HDR

Was able to extend my dry time to almost 3 weeks. Flavor and aroma are amazing. Smoothest smoke . thank you for this write up. I'll never use any other method again

KtidyFarms

KtidyFarms

Great thread @clockworx , lol I'm not sure how many times you had to say don't jar until stems bend slightly and then break. Been doing it that way for over 20 years and buds just kept in a cool dry place in plastic freezer bags and untouched until ready to use always tasted and smelled the same from start to finish. But I would notice there was a sweet spot in storage time, buds were always most potent after about 2 months after harvest and then it seems like thc slowly starts to break down after that. Back in the day it would be 4 months between harvest so I would experience this with my personal stash, I guess lucky things don't stay around that long these days.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@clockworx
From the main Lining to the Bag and hang drying
You have been inspirational to the FlyJ Bro and I wanted to Thank you for taking the extra Time you do writing down all of your experiences and methods on Canna Cultivation.
You are appreciated bro Thank you
Super Bend and snap, Cookie Jar Nugs
and happy Vibes to ya
FlyJ

clockworx

clockworx

Thanks for the kind words everybody!! I'm glad people are actually using the my method, its nice when you can finally master something and have it out of the way.... The growing steps are enough to keep us all busy so everything else helps.... Now go enjoy the tastiest buds!!!!!

Junk

Junk

So after looking at your pics. It looks like you just cut the 3 to 5 leaf leaves at the tips? Meaning, just trimming the leaves.

I have been using angled trimmers and getting up underneath them (sometimes over the top) and taking them totally out. Occasionally, you will drop some bud. But I did 8 plants yesterday, and only lost a pill bottles worth (I literally put them in a pill bottle).

This requires some effort as many buds are dense, but I'm wondering if I'm doing more damage to the trichome structure by doing it this way, by bending the bud to get at those 3 leafers. Yours looks great with them just trimmed.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I know this thread is pretty old but my ? is are the plastic bags necessary....I have always hung til the stems slightly bend then snap....I don't pay much attention to how dry the exterior of the bud is...I then go strait to brown paper bags...where they stay for 2-3 weeks...you will have rock hard nugs...that are perfectly dry...then into jars and in about 2 more weeks they will become slightly soft to the touch...I usually keep my dry room between 60-70 degrees and 50-60 RH.....this is how I was "learned" by some real old timer....so is the plastic really crucial or can that step be omitted

clockworx

clockworx

I know this thread is pretty old but my ? is are the plastic bags necessary....I have always hung til the stems slightly bend then snap....I don't pay much attention to how dry the exterior of the bud is...I then go strait to brown paper bags...where they stay for 2-3 weeks...you will have rock hard nugs...that are perfectly dry...then into jars and in about 2 more weeks they will become slightly soft to the touch...I usually keep my dry room between 60-70 degrees and 50-60 RH.....this is how I was "learned" by some real old timer....so is the plastic really crucial or can that step be omitted
This thread should probably be a sticky so people wouldnt have to dig for it or wait for a bump to see it but.... If your method is working just stick with it. The plastic bags make it easy to quickly trap the buds moisture and do a bunch of "wet/dry" cycles quickly, which makes for a very even cure and great taste without any musty smell or damaged buds.... The main benefit is a batch of buds that haven't been damaged (no jars) and a simple way to mass "burp" a large harvest.... It just makes life easier....

bangbang

bangbang

Do you see any downside to placing them into sealable rubbermaid bins instead of using the plastic bags? for the wet/ dry cycles
thanks!

TreeKomes

TreeKomes

This thread should probably be a sticky so people wouldnt have to dig for it or wait for a bump to see it but.... If your method is working just stick with it. The plastic bags make it easy to quickly trap the buds moisture and do a bunch of "wet/dry" cycles quickly, which makes for a very even cure and great taste without any musty smell or damaged buds.... The main benefit is a batch of buds that haven't been damaged (no jars) and a simple way to mass "burp" a large harvest.... It just makes life easier....
Awesome thread thanks so much... How long takes your buds after being jarred to be ready without burping? Have you tried putting the hygrometer on a ready/cured jar? %? 55-65 to cure and when its ready/cured should drop 55 or 50%?
Thanks in advance

clockworx

clockworx

Awesome thread thanks so much... How long takes your buds after being jarred to be ready without burping? Have you tried putting the hygrometer on a ready/cured jar? %? 55-65 to cure and when its ready/cured should drop 55 or 50%?
Thanks in advance
The bud are ready as soon as they get jarred (for those that cant wait) but they get really good around the 2-3 week mark

F

FooDoo

Do you see any downside to placing them into sealable rubbermaid bins instead of using the plastic bags? for the wet/ dry cycles
thanks!

youll ruin the weed instantly.

you cant trap moisture or air. thats why he says to use bags and loosely tie them at the top. that way your keeping mositure in but its not trapped and can still escape thru the top

clockworx

clockworx

Hey guys, one thing I wanna say is that everyone's conditions are going to be slightly different, this method will get you 99% there but things like air movement in the room can cause bud to dry at different rates. Also, for those asking about Tupperware container drying, no, Tupperware is buds worst enemy (1) it smells like chemicals (2) it allows zero air movement (as already pointed out) . I don't ever, not even after dry, put weed in plastic. Even when bud is dry, plastic has high static electricity properties and tends to suck all the goodness off the buds. I'm sure there are a few guys doing this method that are masters with the bags by now,, one thing about this, you will truly understand the structure and density of bud by the time you're done and be able to wave the bags on and off like a Spanish matador.

If I missed anyone's questions I apologize, it's not intentional, I'm just crazy busy

T

TheDaledo

Just as a note to everyone kinda new to this. Don't be fooled by all the over hyped curing bs... Just sloooow dry and use the bags a few times to pull that inside moisture out until the stem cracks correctly and jar those babies, done deal.. I can tell you that anyone growing for a period of time and a substantial amount of bud doesn't burp hundreds of jars hundreds of times.... It's a slow dry and into jars, done... If you have some head smoke that you really wanna smoothness to and a sweeter taste then just jar them sooner and have to deal with opening and closing the jar a bunch to extend the dry time. All curing is, an extended dry, that's it... The method I use gives dank a+ product, the longer they sit in the jars the smoother they get but that never happens...
Dear clockworx,

Your guide was the only one that worked for. Me and i read for hours and hours searching the net.

Thank you! I went from noob to master curer in 8 weeks!

Green Karat

Green Karat

Hey guys, one thing I wanna say is that everyone's conditions are going to be slightly different, this method will get you 99% there but things like air movement in the room can cause bud to dry at different rates. Also, for those asking about Tupperware container drying, no, Tupperware is buds worst enemy (1) it smells like chemicals (2) it allows zero air movement (as already pointed out) . I don't ever, not even after dry, put weed in plastic. Even when bud is dry, plastic has high static electricity properties and tends to suck all the goodness off the buds. I'm sure there are a few guys doing this method that are masters with the bags by now,, one thing about this, you will truly understand the structure and density of bud by the time you're done and be able to wave the bags on and off like a Spanish matador.

If I missed anyone's questions I apologize, it's not intentional, I'm just crazy busy
Great Curing thread Thanks for you time @clockworx
I didn't know about the static on Tupperware Good to know.. In case that i don't do your bag method do you recommend a metal container for the burping? I like to jar in Glass when i reach 58-60RH that way i don't have to open the jars too much. I like to put everything into a big Tupperware to burp before jarring. I don't know if is there a huge Glass container?, would be great or metal what do you recommend?
Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Top Bottom