Clones In Coco Dying. Lost At What To Do Please Help

• Thread starter Weston
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Weston

first time in coir. In pot pro and pot pro charcoir cube.. all plants dying. Thought it was overwatering but can’t say for sure. Ph has been 5.8 runnoff has been around that as well as ec has been slightly higher in runoff. I flushed four days ago with .4 ec of coco cal and veg bloom with ro.. temps r 76-79 day and 69-72 night with humidity ranging from 60-70% please help.

Clones in coco dying lost at what to do please help
Clones in coco dying lost at what to do please help 2
Clones in coco dying lost at what to do please help 3
Clones in coco dying lost at what to do please help 4
Dunge

Dunge

To be clear, these were healthy well rooted clones when you put them in coco?
You list your flush formula, but what are you feeding?
From my understanding, over watering coco is not a thing.

Dan789

Dan789

No experience to offer to you, just comisserating what seems like a total loss of your clones.

W

Weston

I was feeding originally at .5 ec. They were well enough rooted and had started to yellow out

xavier7995

xavier7995

Since they are all kinda scraggly it would be a good idea to sacrifice one and pull it up to take a look at your roots and check for bugs or other issues. It is possible to over water in coco with seedlings OR new clones where the root system hasn't filled the space at all. I do a week or so of wet/dry cycles to try and get the roots to reach out and fill the container. Are the containers light when you go to water or have they stayed pretty damp the whole time?

W

Weston

They seem to stay damp but Not “wet” necessarily. Iv been watering every couple of days trying to wait until I believe they r half way dry..

W

Weston

No I don’t see any bugs.. should I brew and apply ogbiowar tea?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
What coco brand did you pot them I into? When my plants did this it was either a bad case if pythium or the coco was hot.

W

Weston

Was charcoir pot pro bricks.. I charged it with .5 ec originally when I hydrated it.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Was charcoir pot pro bricks.. I charged it with .5 ec originally when I hydrated it.
Ugh never go with the coco bricks. I bet that’s your problem the coco is hot. were the clones healthy before you potted them up? I only use plagron coco because I knows it’s clean.

Enforcer

Enforcer

They seem to stay damp but Not “wet” necessarily. Iv been watering every couple of days trying to wait until I believe they r half way dry..
^^^^^^This is your problem. Your EC is fine, temp fine, humidity fine. You need to feed raw coco at least every day. When my seedlings were that size, I was feeding them .6-.8 EC, twice a day. A few days in between feeding in coco is way too long. It’s fine in a pinch if needed, that’s one
of the great things about coco. But regularly going days between feedings causes salts to build up in the medium, these salts raise the EC of the medium causing nutrient lockout.

I suggest flushing the coco and begin feeding your solution daily.

W

Weston

Ya that could also b it.. cmh 630.. about 6.5 ft from plants..

nikkisnugs

nikkisnugs

Happened to me once, I found that not acclimating the clones out of the dome slowly killed mine. Roots need to learn to drink, clones have been drinking through their leaves since cutting. Old post just wanted to give my experience. I have never had an issue since.

Top Bottom