Clones Not Growing Normal Size Leaves, Ideas?

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

I have a plant I sorted through a couple dozen sprouts for. It is one that was an abnormally high producer last run. I successfully made clones of her (8 of them) but none of them look at all like their mother. Some have very miniaturized growth. They all have nice roots coming out of the net-pots but the growth is extremely slow and I get these tiny little lacy looking leaves that are 1/8th to 1/10 the typical leaf size on their mother even when she was a baby seedling. Her start in life was with some huge leaves even the first set of single leaflets were 4-5" long after she started to fill out as a seedling and after that she was producing leaves as a teenager that were almost chest size but certainly bigger than an adults hands.

Why would these clones be doing a thing that looks like they were put under a shrink ray? Has anyone seen this before? Some of my past clones that somehow were stressed went into premature flower even though they were under an 18/6 day and then they stalled out and never seemed to be able to re-veg but these clones don't seem to be trying to flower they just slowed to a crawl and started making tiny little leaves with almost no internodal distance.

The funky tiny and sometimes distorted leaves:
Clones not growing normal size leaves ideas

Another weird clone:
Clones not growing normal size leaves ideas 3

The mom's typical leaves, she is a very fast and vigorous grower:
Clones not growing normal size leaves ideas 2

Any help appreciated as I have never had clones do this.

Dee

Last edited:
knyucklehead

knyucklehead

I'm interested in knowing what caused that to your clones too. Were any a top cut? When did you take the cuts? Hope you get the help, sounds like the mother was a pheno definitely worth cloning.

DGP

DGP

They were all top cuts out of the best part of the plant when she was still in veg. This strain has been a bitch to clone but this round I got some but they are of course, acting weird.

Thanks,

Dee

DGP

DGP

Oh yeah, I forgot to say their mother often makes 9 and 11 leaflet sets (seems odd). However she is a very even grower (symmetrical, I guess I would say) and doesn't produce any distorted leaf patterns (other than the extra leaflets) the leaves always look hearty and lush. She is an F2 (Cheesequake X Cheesequake).

Dee

DGP

DGP

Looks like a reveg
Ah, maybe they did try to "stress" flower and then went back cause your right it does look like what happens in mature plants that are brought back from flower.

Thanks,

Dee

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ah, maybe they did try to "stress" flower and then went back cause your right it does look like what happens in mature plants that are brought back from flower.

Thanks,

Dee
Theyll go from really weird 1 leaf to kinda weird 3 leaf..then back to regular..couple weeks

Top Bottom