Clones Not Rooting

• Thread starter RHINObeast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Not sure if you solved the problem but ive been going through a nightmare the last few months, losing 100% of my clones and slow growth in my dwc, it turned out to be my PH pen that had gone bad... new electrode and calibration and everything sweet and rooting within days...I realised it was not working properly when i put it into calibration fluid PH.7 and it was reading 8.5. My res' were actually at 4.5 which was causing lockout.
Yeah I just needed a timer, everything’s back to normal

V

vagiboy1987

For the first time ever just this last month I'm having the same issue. I have 3 week old cuttings, still alive and green, some now in soil some in an octocloner and for some reason none of them have roots. Its the dambdest thing. None have died a few withered and popped right back but absolutely no roots. I was thinking maybe its the weather I didn't even realize they'd stay alive that long. I used on the octi cloner clonex which I rarely use and ive always had 100% success rate on clones but this last month I'm getting lots of cuttings and no roots

R

RobbHayes

Honestly makes no sense, ph at 5.8, 30ml clonex solution per 6 liters water in an ez cloner. I also add 2.5 ml rhizotonic. Never ever had root issues until now. I used to use clonex gel and now I'm using ez clone rooting compound. Not that it's needed....I took tho cuts from soil plants, and damn they just won't root. Any clone taken from a hydro dwc plant, has always rooted really fast too! I have it under a 65 watt ecosmart led bulb from Home Depot. Temps don't get up over 75 degrees. Honestly....my guess is the clones are more woody, maybe I shaved too much off??? Weird, I still have these left, but Og Kush, Larry and blueberry clones were taken and they rooted fast! 8 days! But these ones are about two weeks in and nothing.... Glueberry and cookies used to root so well! I fudged up an bloomed these right after I took cuts instead of waiting for roots....I won't do that again....pic with more is the start, and the remaining are taken today
I use superthrive, PH 5.3-5.8, and a steady temp at 79 degrees. Check the PH several times a day. Spikes in 3-5 days and 2+ inche roots
7-10 days.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Two - Three weeks is what took the first clone I ever took to make a root. I didn't shave anything or cut on an angle. Just straight cut to water. Immediately. Air can get in those microscopic tubes you just revealed in the stem and can't grow.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Are any of you guys seeing white spots/nodules on the stem? That's a good sign some roots are gonna pop out sooner or later.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yeah your stem should start to get little bumps which grow into roots.if u have an airstone with a pump I highly recommend adding it the the kloner rez, especially if you have it on a timer and the water just sits half the time.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Yeah your stem should start to get little bumps which grow into roots.if u have an airstone with a pump I highly recommend adding it the the kloner rez, especially if you have it on a timer and the water just sits half the time.
Right on bro, when I saw those, I knew something was going on! Awesome!

Wolfe

Wolfe

I’ve personally had problems with those also. And ultimately stopped using them. I use seeds in the dirt now. You might want to give an alternative method a shot as an experiment to see if the plant takes better to something like plugs/ root compound and soil. Maybe one or two? Any how maybe it just needs a cleaning. Could it be getting slime or some build up, throwing off its chances to throw roots?

BloodShot

BloodShot

Are any of you guys seeing white spots/nodules on the stem? That's a good sign some roots are gonna pop out sooner or later.
I've always had a problem rooting cannabis clones but I never really put too much effort into it other than sticking them into a glass of water because I thought that's all it should take as it does for tomato plants. For some that's all it takes, for me it never seemed to work or I wasn't patient enough etc.
Lately I've been getting a bit more serious about it so I've taken care to cut them properly and scuff the stem and apply rooting powder and plop into wet growing medium ( pro mix with coco ) and putting a cut bottle dome over the pot. Doing this I have successfully rooted the top of a BC big bud that I am running now and just managed to get this one rooted as well.
I'm as happy as a pig in shit about being able to clone cannabis, this means I can stop using my seeds every time and opens up a new level in the growing game for me
IMG 3905
IMG 3898
IMG 3897

dreamgreen

dreamgreen

Pure distilled water in the machine, no nutes, dim the light by hanging something under it. In my case there’s a wire shelf with seedlings directly under the light, cloner beneath that in the shade. Roots in 10-14 days.

BigCube

BigCube

I think it has more to do with genetics than your process. As you said it works well with other strains.

I have a strai right now that I've had a %100 clone rate with. Even when I do the bare minimum I still get %100 clone rate, roots everywhere within 7 days.

The last clones I made, I cut off placed in water while I trimmed the mother. 45'd the stems and put them in solo cups of promix hp coco coir. Wet it once and left them in my bathroom on the counter. The bathroom has a window but it's a small window that barely lights the bathroom up in full sun.

A week later I pulled them out of the coco and there were roots everywhere. Replanted them in to promix hp peat and perlite solo cups. That was a week ago, I gave them to my dad and they are doing just as good as any other clone I've made with clonex rockwool rapid starters or any other thing I've tried.

I guess what I'm saying is, genetics matters when it comes to cloning. I've had other strains that you have to baby for 2 weeks before they even think of rooting, I've had ones that you could throw your clippings in a ditch and come back a week later to healthy plants. And everything between.

Good luck! And if it doesn't work out, its probably not a strain you'd want to keep around.

noob12345

noob12345

ok so I solved all the problems in my groom in 1 go, turns out it was my co2 burner and a by-product of burning propane in a sealed environment! as soon as I have gone vented my problems have disappeared!

Not sure if you solved the problem but ive been going through a nightmare the last few months, losing 100% of my clones and slow growth in my dwc, it turned out to be my PH pen that had gone bad... new electrode and calibration and everything sweet and rooting within days...I realised it was not working properly when i put it into calibration fluid PH.7 and it was reading 8.5. My res' were actually at 4.5 which was causing lockout.

greenscholar

greenscholar

Ez cloner just tap water 45 degree cut at node. Weak light is the key. I use a single t5 about 2 feet up. Some strains root in a week I have some that take almost three weeks. Don’t get fancy’s with Phing the water and change once a week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom