Clonex,mist,jel,and Liquid.....

• Thread starter ozman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ozman

ozman

Hi all
hope everyone is growing well today.
Was wondering of peoples thoughts of the clonex line of cloning stuff....

I was in atlanta for a few years a while back and was growing there in little 2x4x4 wooden boxes,i had 3 for flower and 1 for mother and clones,everything went great was cloning in water in a bubbler showed others how easy it was to clone in water and have great yields in a little box under fluorescent lights in little shoeboxes,there was 4 trays per box of 4 plants,grew well had lots of good smoke.
fast forward to now,im setup in a tent and i cant get nothing to clone here,same procedure and general style
now well ive been cloning about 10 months now and my results are shitty to say the least,ive tried rockwool,rootriots,water bubblers,havent had a clone take in 4 months they look great they just never get any legs under them :(
temps is mid 70's,they never wilt,water is ro water.lights is 18/6.
the last batch got slimmed and died out,im assuming the slime is because it was too warm of water in the bubbler
ive taken to germing seed to keep plants coming but im losing the battle got too late of a start from seed.

So does anybody have any thoughts on clonex stuff.......
if it works im willing to get the whole line up,but would like someone elses thoughts and experience.

ive tried everything else well almost but ive tried all my tried and true methods that used to work.
my next try will be the original way from the early 80's, 50/50 of perlite and vermiculite in solo cups and some powdered clone powder.
im not whining or complaining but curious of the clonex line...........

happy growing all

im sure its something im doing here or not doing or omitting i dunno
i will figure it out

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Clean your cloner really well with bleach diluted in water or with peroxide and run the cloner with the cleaner in it for about ten minutes. It sounds like damp off due to bacterial build up on your cloner.
Then run straight water through it a bunch of times to rinse out the cleaner.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Also never use clonex in your cloner, straight un pHed water works fine and won't gum up your cloner.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I love clonex for a turbo cloner. I have tried alot of products but i have come back to clonex solution, clonex gel and uc roots in a turbo cloner. I dont ph the water, after adding clonex solution my ph comes out too 5.8 in RO water everytime. I have cut 100's of clones in the past year and maybe 1 or 2 didnt make it. Everyone has there own recipe but clonex solution has never failed me.

xenon730

xenon730

aero cloners pretty much never fail. i haven't had a single clone or seed not take since i've started using mine. i put a couple airstones in the bottom of mine, primarily to heat it up and i find that some wilt without it. i use it with Hormex, which is the cheapest liquid i could find with naa and iba. it also has b1. i also drop a drop or two of dyna gro grow in there and this usually stops the yellowing of the largest leaves. i do it to prevent deficiency and to have a little food in there for them. when i do seeds i replace the neoprene collar with a net cup and use the circle plugs of rockwool. i have never had a clone fail or seed not sprout using this method.

you don't need new products and they all are iba. clonex is no different than any other gel and if you read the label you'll see this. you want an aeroponic cloner or to properly sterilize your current equipment. that's what you should spend your money on. bleach or an aeroponic cloner, don't need more cloning products.

Freshone

Freshone

I use clonex and I keep it simple,take some cuts,dip each cut into clonex gel and stick it in a moist rapid rooter in a domed tray,keep moist,roots in 7-10 days.
To be honest though I've done it with just plain water and it works pretty good also.

icanfarm

icanfarm

I use clonex and I keep it simple,take some cuts,dip each cut into clonex gel and stick it in a moist rapid rooter in a domed tray,keep moist,roots in 7-10 days.
To be honest though I've done it with just plain water and it works pretty good also.
Exactly the same except I mist my dome with super thrive and a bit to feed when they show roots a heat mat under them in winter to keep the rapid rooters warm also soak rooters in warm water and biowar micros

icanfarm

icanfarm

Mix the bennies sewerage then pull off the water leave the talc

Top Bottom