Cloning Q's

• Thread starter OldSmokie76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

The symmetrical Blueberry and the triple manifold training of some Deathstar. (Third branch is hiding in the back.)

IMG 20181219 000147302
IMG 20181215 212831400
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

From my understanding a seedling will flower once it’s under the flowering photoperiod. So from seedling it should start flowering. Which makes sense as it’s main purpose is to reproduce and keep its genetics on the planet.

Wether it’s male or female doesn’t matter, it wants to reproduce and the photoperiod tells it biologically when the clock is about to run out.

In fact some folks do this vs buying autoflowering seeds. They also flower out freshly rooted clones for the same purpose of keeping them small but to avoid ruderelis genetics.

No. A seed sprouted plant will grow 3-5 weeks strain and environment depending before pre flowering even if started under 12/12. Just like an auto.

I grow seeds 12/12 often when I need to fill a flower space and don’t have veg ready.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes it would, I saw a diary quite a while ago where someone did that and the results were pretty good, though the objective of that project wasn’t yield.

I get 3-4 oz with sativa leaning hybrids 12/12 from seed in a 3 gal pot all the time. Squat slow vegging indicas do poorly.

But they do not flower 2 weeks from sprout more like 5. They can not flower until they reach maturity.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
No. A seed sprouted plant will grow 3-5 weeks strain and environment depending before pre flowering even if started under 12/12. Just like an auto.

I grow seeds 12/12 often when I need to fill a flower space and don’t have veg ready.

Maybe some strains but I’ve seen this done for years. Here’s an article showing it in action.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-how-to-grow-cannabis-from-seed-under-12-12-lighting-n330

I’ve never done it myself but I’ve seen quite a few grows over the years with folks doing exactly this.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Maybe some strains but I’ve seen this done for years. Here’s an article showing it in action.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-how-to-grow-cannabis-from-seed-under-12-12-lighting-n330

I’ve never done it myself but I’ve seen quite a few grows over the years with folks doing exactly this.

Well I read the article.
Like I said I do this often. I grow a different seed plant staggered almost every week. Been doing this almost 5 years. All different strains and crosses have gone through. Many different kinds 12/12 from seed.

I have not seen any pistils sooner than 3 weeks from sprout. I also never saw a seed company admit their 8 week strain takes an average of 10. But they do.

The article says 7-9 weeks total grow cycle. Even if a plant did start flowering in 2 weeks can they bloom to completion in 5?

They are trying to sell seeds. All info is skewed to short flowering times that are not really attainable.

Top Bottom