Cloning Question

• Thread starter Palmettoman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Palmettoman

Palmettoman

so I’ve cloned before but my question is, my mother plant is under 24hr light, when I clone I want to go to 18/6 due to it getting a bit hot in the grow room, after I clip my clones and put them in the cloner can I do 18/6 without them trying to flower? I’m guessing they will try to flip. Don’t want them to. Thanks

rootexcess

rootexcess

so I’ve cloned before but my question is, my mother plant is under 24hr light, when I clone I want to go to 18/6 due to it getting a bit hot in the grow room, after I clip my clones and put them in the cloner can I do 18/6 without them trying to flower? I’m guessing they will try to flip. Don’t want them to. Thanks
18/6 would not at all cause them to flower. In fact, I would encourage you to ditch the idea of 24/0 all together. 12/12 is the standard flower light cycle, though plants may flower with other cycles like 15/9, and so on, but 18/6 is standard veg.

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

18/6 would not at all cause them to flower. In fact, I would encourage you to ditch the idea of 24/0 all together. 12/12 is the standard flower light cycle, though plants may flower with other cycles like 15/9, and so on, but 18/6 is standard veg.
Awesome. Yeah I just started growing indoor this year from growing outdoor. I’ve been reading up where 24hr and 18/6 wasn’t much different in the end result. Learning the whole indoor thing. Way different than growing outdoors. Thanks for your response

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

So even though when I clip my clones from the mother plant that is under 24hr light and change them to 18/6 it will not cause the clones to flip going from 24hr to 18/6?

rootexcess

rootexcess

So even though when I clip my clones from the mother plant that is under 24hr light and change them to 18/6 it will not cause the clones to flip going from 24hr to 18/6?
Reducing the photo period in general is not what triggers flowering. The total amount of darkness is what causes flowering. Naturally days get shorter, but it's only at a certain point they begin to flower as a sign of seasonal timing.

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Reducing the photo period in general is not what triggers flowering. The total amount of darkness is what causes flowering. Naturally days get shorter, but it's only at a certain point they begin to flower as a sign of seasonal timing.
I thought changing the photo period to more darkness (going from 24hr light to 18/6) would be like days getting shorter like seasonal change like 12/12. Guess I was wrong lol

rootexcess

rootexcess

I thought changing the photo period to more darkness (going from 24hr light to 18/6) would be like days getting shorter like seasonal change like 12/12. Guess I was wrong lol

That's a negative. Simple reduction in light does not equate to flower initiation. It's all about length of day/night that plays the largest part in the balance of veg/flowering.

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

That's a negative. Simple reduction in light does not equate to flower initiation. It's all about length of day/night that plays the largest part in the balance of veg/flowering.
Learne something new. Thank you for the information

Latest posts

Top Bottom