Cloning Using Aloe Gel

• Thread starter Elevated
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elevated

Aloha Farm, I'm cruising in Maui visiting some farmer friends here on island. I learned an amazing cloning tip. All the island boys are using Aloe gel from the aloe vera plant to roots cutting and are getting roots on everything. They slice the aloe and just dip into gel inside the stem. If you can't grow aloe or you can buy aloe gel at natural food store. I want wait to try, I may add some microbes into gel and experiment. I'll keep updated

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Interesting. Did a search and willow tree extract was also mentioned. Although aloe seems much simpler. I know BioBizz added aloe to their additives catalog. I have a bottle but I’m not sure if I notice a difference. Never tried it in cloning. Might have to give it a whirl.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Very cool. Would love to see the results. I recently started to go away from dwc cloning. Just got horrible results. Went back to a simpler method and had roots in less than a week. Costs next to nothing as well. I’ll update my grow diary here shortly.

Unit541

Unit541

Cloning. Wow, this is one of those areas where everyone has a special trick... In my unqualified opinion, which absolutely nobody should take as advice or statement of fact, it's all bullsh*t. It's is without a doubt the number-one over-f*cked-with aspect of growing.

I've been taking clones for nearly 30 years, and after all that time I have settled on two techniques that have, over time, out performed all other approaches in both time to root and overall success rate.

My first, wildly complicated but oh-so-effective procedure, is as follows:
1. take cutting from plant.
2. plant cutting in coco.
3. keep warm and wet.

I literally just jab the cutting into a solo cup of coco. No hormones, no specialized "proper angles", scraping or rooting compounds. Usually takes about a week to see roots coming out of the drain hole in the cup.

My second technique is even more involved. In fact it is so complicated that I only use it in the rare case that the plant will not be grown in coco. I know this is complicated, but try to follow:
2. place cutting in tap water
3. wait.

Keep the cut end from drying out, and the plant will do the rest. No magic potion needed.

E

Elevated

Totally agree, what's cool about aloe is it's a gel which help, the biggest issues which can be human error, especially with us who love the medi!!!

3 balls

3 balls

Cloning. Wow, this is one of those areas where everyone has a special trick... In my unqualified opinion, which absolutely nobody should take as advice or statement of fact, it's all bullsh*t. It's is without a doubt the number-one over-f*cked-with aspect of growing.

I've been taking clones for nearly 30 years, and after all that time I have settled on two techniques that have, over time, out performed all other approaches in both time to root and overall success rate.

3. keep warm and wet.

I literally just jab the cutting into a solo cup of coco. No hormones, no specialized "proper angles", scraping or rooting compounds. Usually takes about a week to see roots coming out of the drain hole in the cup.

My second technique is even more involved. In fact it is so complicated that I only use it in the rare case that the plant will not be grown in coco. I know this is complicated, but try to follow:
3. wait.

Keep the cut end from drying out, and the plant will do the rest. No magic potion needed.
I hope you're not joking because I'm about to try this fancy method #1.
If it works I will be forever in your debt! You would probably die laughing watching all the steps I take to clone.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

3. keep warm and wet.

3. wait.

Lmfaooo it’s true these all work. I have used these same methods. My improvements have increased my success rates. That’s all

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Aloha Farm, I'm cruising in Maui visiting some farmer friends here on island. I learned an amazing cloning tip. All the island boys are using Aloe gel from the aloe vera plant to roots cutting and are getting roots on everything. They slice the aloe and just dip into gel inside the stem. If you can't grow aloe or you can buy aloe gel at natural food store. I want wait to try, I may add some microbes into gel and experiment. I'll keep updated
Works and it’s how we do it in fiji

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

3. keep warm and wet.

3. wait.

In the language of my people of sunny so cal, si. Keep it simple. But what the hell? I've got aloe growing out my you know what. Hell, I got 40 tomato plants that I plan on cloning until I have 100+ tomato plants. Good stuff. Will try tomorrow night.

I

Ikkt

Many plants will grow roots no matter what slime, gel or powder you put on them. The question is if something is better than nothing.
On easy cloning cultivars with vigorously growing mothers clones often root faster and stronger without any hormones at al for example.

I'm not 100% but I think I saw studies testing Aloe along other stuff and it wasn't better than control or even worse.
Google scholar is your friend if you'd like to know more, most of those things got extensively tested already...

Top Bottom