Close To Harvest

• Thread starter Smerb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

You say sugar products do nothing but then go on to say light source creates sugar in a plant. I'm just looking at that oddmaybe. Stoned
The sugar in the plant that it created via photosynthates is the only sugar that the plant can send to it's sink for cell structuring and growth...look up sugar source and sugar sink. I was referring to external sources of sugars and carbohydrates. Even enzymes have no direct effect on a plant. However if you introduce the combination of carbon based organic matter such as compost or EWC, fulvic acid, sugar, and enzyme you create immediately available nutrients. I've seen plants literally double after a malted barley/fulvic/aloe/silica feed.

Sulfur is the gasoline of the engine. Without sulfur nothing happens.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

I just see a lot of "industry hype". I am not questioning anyone's practices. If you see a difference then roll with it. Silica and UV light increase resin production like a mofo.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I just see a lot of "industry hype". I am not questioning anyone's practices. If you see a difference then roll with it. Silica and UV light increase resin production like a mofo.
"Industry Hype"?
aka......Silica/Ultra Violet wave lengths
sounds like you have been reading Advanced Nutrients web page

UV does absolutely nothing
Silica builds strong cell walls

how does either increase resin?

Sulfur is the ONLY micronutrient that will increase Terpene production
the very reason that if you look on the back of any bottle of "Sweetner" you will find Magnesium Sulfate......

but to be honest
roots DO intake sugars

read this white paper

when I feed my plamts sugar they literally sweat stickyness
when I dont
dry as a bone
I am talking stem not the bud
the bud gets so sticky it literally is more adhesive than tree sap
but preserves the flower well once dried
I dont believe that to be resin.....but I guess it is

as for UV
my indoor is much more trich covered than my outdoor
although my outdoor is more complex as I grow in the ground with no nutrients so it just works with the natural soil biology

Organikz

Organikz

"Industry Hype"?
aka......Silica/Ultra Violet wave lengths
sounds like you have been reading Advanced Nutrients web page

UV does absolutely nothing
Silica builds strong cell walls

how does either increase resin?

Sulfur is the ONLY micronutrient that will increase Terpene production
the very reason that if you look on the back of any bottle of "Sweetner" you will find Magnesium Sulfate......

but to be honest
roots DO intake sugars

read this white paper

when I feed my plamts sugar they literally sweat stickyness
when I dont
dry as a bone
I am talking stem not the bud
the bud gets so sticky it literally is more adhesive than tree sap
but preserves the flower well once dried
I dont believe that to be resin.....but I guess it is

as for UV
my indoor is much more trich covered than my outdoor
although my outdoor is more complex as I grow in the ground with no nutrients so it just works with the natural soil biology
please tell me what you think the purpose of resin is? is resin not a cell being created by the plant? it's an active chemical that lives and dies

awww hell with it. i'll go ahead and show ya...resin is not only protection from insects but also forms to protect the plant from uv light. it is made up of carbon and silica....no sugars...

tell me you feed silica bro...it increases your plants SAR

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

please tell me what you think the purpose of resin is? is resin not a cell being created by the plant? it's an active chemical that lives and dies

awww hell with it. i'll go ahead and show ya...resin is not only protection from insects but also forms to protect the plant from uv light. it is made up of carbon and silica....no sugars...

tell me you feed silica bro...it increases your plants SAR
hahahahhaah
I gave you an actual white paper from the biochemistry and molecular biology society and you give a link from a canna web site
rediculous
yes I feed silica
has nothing to do with resin production or trichome production
also resin dosnt "Protect from Insects" or insects wouldnt be so attracted to it
silica helps strengthen cell walls of *Plant Tissue* so it is harder for mold/fungus/insects to penetrate leaf but has nothing to do with resin production
where did you get your silica info from.....big bud magazine? an AN production
I suggest not spreading misinformation

if you would have read the link from a valid scientific study which contradicts your "canna website" because it is based in science not conjecture and assumption

there are absolutely zero studies showing that uv has anything to do with thc production/resin gland size/production/terpene...etc.......zero scientific studies
there is alot of mythology but no factual evidence

as for sugars
yes plants exude sugars and enzymes into the rhizosphere but under certain circumstances they also uptake sugars and translocate throughout the plant

you sound like you know what you are talking about
but you are really just spreading false info while passive agressively bashing growers whom may not know any better

I suggest doing a little more digging on the subject .....you know....past the surface of google and find out the truth before you lead people down a dark alley

Organikz

Organikz

hahahahhaah
I gave you an actual white paper from the biochemistry and molecular biology society and you give a link from a canna web site
rediculous
yes I feed silica
has nothing to do with resin production or trichome production
also resin dosnt "Protect from Insects" or insects wouldnt be so attracted to it
silica helps strengthen cell walls of *Plant Tissue* so it is harder for mold/fungus/insects to penetrate leaf but has nothing to do with resin production
where did you get your silica info from.....big bud magazine? an AN production
I suggest not spreading misinformation

if you would have read the link from a valid scientific study which contradicts your "canna website" because it is based in science not conjecture and assumption

there are absolutely zero studies showing that uv has anything to do with thc production/resin gland size/production/terpene...etc.......zero scientific studies
there is alot of mythology but no factual evidence

as for sugars
yes plants exude sugars and enzymes into the rhizosphere but under certain circumstances they also uptake sugars and translocate throughout the plant

you sound like you know what you are talking about
but you are really just spreading false info while passive agressively bashing growers whom may not know any better

I suggest doing a little more digging on the subject .....you know....past the surface of google and find out the truth before you lead people down a dark alley
i won't argue bud. you're a little intense. smoke yourself a doobie. you're a little confused about the forms of sugar taken up by a plant. it's cool though.

Smerb

Smerb

I'll smoke one for both ya! And a dab. We are all growing, some know more.....

Wisher619

Wisher619

i won't argue bud. you're a little intense. smoke yourself a doobie. you're a little confused about the forms of sugar taken up by a plant. it's cool though.
another new "organic grower" I can see

not confused at all
again I guess science is invalid
but since you "Feel" that you know what you are talking about..then I guess feelings constitute fact? I have been growing for over 20 years......both hydroponically as well as organic "No Till" I havnt "tilled my beds in over 6 years....just keep adding compost and ewc...stick my plants in the ground...water till established....then it is the no water method till harvest, on both cannabis and veggies...go ahead and keep spreading false info
intense....yeah.......I hate people soapboxing mis-information
it gets irritating

I agree there is no arguement
an article that "States" plants dont uptake sugar
and a scientific study that proves they DO are completely differ no?

I could be wrong

Organikz

Organikz

another new "organic grower" I can see

not confused at all
again I guess science is invalid
but since you "Feel" that you know what you are talking about..then I guess feelings constitute fact? I have been growing for over 20 years......both hydroponically as well as organic "No Till" I havnt "tilled my beds in over 6 years....just keep adding compost and ewc...stick my plants in the ground...water till established....then it is the no water method till harvest, on both cannabis and veggies...go ahead and keep spreading false info
intense....yeah.......I hate people soapboxing mis-information
it gets irritating

I agree there is no arguement
an article that "States" plants dont uptake sugar
and a scientific study that proves they DO are completely differ no?

I could be wrong
I read the paper. They don't even.understand how the sugar was transported. Did it go to the sink? If this is the case you are bypassing sugar signaling so you could grow a never ending bud...im not impressed. I mean if you're feeding the plant sugar why does it need photosynthesis? Why does sugar translocation take place even while your plant is soaking that sugar water ya got up?

Organikz

Organikz

Different sugars are created for different functions. So how does 1 sugar dictate all functions? I think you attempted to wrap your head around this one...good try but I know what I know.

fatawa

fatawa

I kno i use molasas+ mammoth...its no hype..i got the stickieat shit around my parts..ive done it side by side in i get 25% more swell with my combo..

Wisher619

Wisher619

Different sugars are created for different functions. So how does 1 sugar dictate all functions? I think you attempted to wrap your head around this one...good try but I know what I know.
molasses consists of 3 simple sugars
sucrose/glucose/fructose
one is used for the plant uptake the other two feed microbes
please tell me what sugars are created for what purpose?
plants create one sugar...glucose and they use that for energy
they also produce cellulose from glucose but that is not used for energy
cellulose is a simple carbohydrate used to make up the majority of plant cells in green plants

here is an excerpt of the white paper

We also investigated the uptake of monosaccharides under high salinity conditions using the modified glucose- conjugating fluorescent dye 2-NBDG. This dye is absorbed by plants as a non- metabolized glucose (Fig. 6C) (30). Because this dye is not metabolized by plant cells, it can be used to detect the sites where glucose accumulates. After a 5-hour treatment with 2- NBDG, the fluorescence of the 2-NBDG was observed mainly in the epidermal layer. Under high salinity conditions, the fluorescence was partially detected in the epidermal cells but was mainly detected at the stele.

interesting
Glucose was absorbed by roots and taken up into the epidermal layer (a layer formed on the roots, stems, leaves, flowers to protect the plant. Within the epidermal layer plant resins/oils are produced in herbacious plant species as well as terpenoids within flowers

very interesting

one of the reason shitbag companies put plant esters in sweetners
cannabis cant metabolize plant esters so they store them in the epidermal layer

the very reason why if you use something like sweet berry by Botanicare your leaves will smell like sweet berry
and really not until you plant dries and is trimmed and cured does that smell go away and the true cannabis smells become realized

the very reason why I use an unflavored sweetner
it is called glucose/epsom salt

plants use glucose for
turning Nitrates into amino acids in turn builds protien
used to make cellulose
store as starch in leaves, seeds, roots, flowers
stored in fruit as sucrose
used to make fats and oils
and to repair damaged tissue

yeah you know I really dont know shit about plants
not in the least

you are right brother
tried to wrap my head around it but.....I am just LOST!!!!!
and..........,you know what you know......

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

The article I posted did mention that sugar can be synthesized for uptake. It's not in that bottle of sugar daddy. This "modified glucose" is extremely expensive. The process to achieve it alone is extremely expensive.

I don't knock any methods. If it works for you go for it. With the scientific studies of sugar signaling they are realizing this controls the different stages of the plant. It also allows the plant to drop sugar that will dictate which nutrients will be made available depending on what the plant needs. It's a very complexed process and the importance of it has come to light.

That's why I'm not sure this modified glucose actually goes towards development or if it's more like a carnation sucking up food coloring out of desperation. The sugar is built inside the plant for a specific purpose ie root development, flowering, etc.

I wouldn't want to throw off that balance. If you run no till you understand the importance. I'm even hesitant to add MBP. I utilize it for the chitin more.

By adding sugar you are interrupting the communication between the plant and the microbes.

We all have a different approach which is awesome. It's why we learn so much. Hey bro at the end of the day theyre your plants and it's your grow op. You're the boss and I am sure you're stacking brix. I have appreciation for everyone in on the cause.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

I also want to add the plant utilizes 4 types of sugar it creates depending on what process it is needed for.

The plants genetic code controls the development of these sugars. It why different strains have different characteristics. This is from the Oxford journal.

"Specific growth and metabolic responses tend to be activated and/or modulated based on the nature of the sugar signal. For example, sucrose, the primary transport sugar in plants, can be sensed as a signal directly (Chiou and Bush, 1998) or, alternatively, a signal can arise via its hexose cleavage products, glucose (glc) or UDP-glc and fructose (Rolland et al., 2002; Price et al., 2004; Li et al., 2011). "

Last edited:
Wisher619

Wisher619

The article I posted did mention that sugar can be synthesized for uptake. It's not in that bottle of sugar daddy. This "modified glucose" is extremely expensive. The process to achieve it alone is extremely expensive.

I don't knock any methods. If it works for you go for it. With the scientific studies of sugar signaling they are realizing this controls the different stages of the plant. It also allows the plant to drop sugar that will dictate which nutrients will be made available depending on what the plant needs. It's a very complexed process and the importance of it has come to light.

That's why I'm not sure this modified glucose actually goes towards development or if it's more like a carnation sucking up food coloring out of desperation. The sugar is built inside the plant for a specific purpose ie root development, flowering, etc.

I wouldn't want to throw off that balance. If you run no till you understand the importance. I'm even hesitant to add MBP. I utilize it for the chitin more.

By adding sugar you are interrupting the communication between the plant and the microbes.

We all have a different approach which is awesome. It's why we learn so much. Hey bro at the end of the day theyre your plants and it's your grow op. You're the boss and I am sure you're stacking brix. I have appreciation for everyone in on the cause.
it is not a modified glucose
the article is completely mis leading
it is pure glucose that the plant both produces as well as uses to make all other forms of sugar within the body of the plant
feeding the plant extra sugar *in a hydroponic enviroment* ( high salinity) allows the plant the ease of not working overtime just to produce the sugar used in the manufacturing of plant material

same reason we supply plants with aminos, b-vitamins etc.....so the plant can grab at will and spend more time consentration on flower production rather than other processes.....

in my organic garden I let nature take its course
in hydroponics I am nature and I am GOD!!!
I supply my plants with what they need

and I can say that my hydroponic plants are extremely happy ......Pure Frost....sticky....robust aroma....etc.....

I would like for someone to please explain to me what "No Till" means to cannabis farmers
I know what the phrase means in the Aggie Business.....but not plants being grown in a container

Top Bottom