Clu048 1812 97cri 4000k And Add. Spectrum Qs.

• Thread starter stanfiem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I was planing on running 2 off of that driver. Sure if you want to see what drivers. will work that would be fine. I would like to have some voltage headroom.

HLG-480H-C1750 I think this may work https://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=HLG-480H-C

Do you think that is enough heatsink for these cobs... from rapid led.

These holders...
https://kingbriteled.en.alibaba.com...r_citizen_clu048_1212_1812_1818_cob_chip.html

Each of those drivers will run 4 cobs at 1750 wired in series.

Holders are holders. If they fit they’re fine. If you’re getting pre drilled heatsinks then contacting the company would be better but they’ll probably sell you their shit which is fine just a little more pricey. Never got pre drilled.

Heatsinks should be rated for a wattage which would give a general idea. I couldn’t see it on the site. Maybe write them an email.

Wouldn’t take this calculation very seriously and always go with bigger dimensions than the minimum required ones but this helped me to decide on the absolute minimum volume of heatsink i needed.

https://celsiainc.com/heat-sink-size-calculator/

There was one calculator which included fin count and shape but couldn’t find it.

F

FutureGrower

You add up voltages if you’re connecting in series. In parallel you add up currents.
In series you will need 120v 2000ma, in paralel you will need 52v 4000ma driver.

Parallel you actually just go volts by current... if you need something in the 50 volt range and want to run 11-12 of them at 1 amp youd go with a hlg600 1amp 52 volt. Theoretically its safer then people claim atleast the hlg's are. None of my boards see above 52 amps but I'm not sure on how that all works. I knew at one point but I'll be damned if I can remember lol

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Parallel you actually just go volts by current... if you need something in the 50 volt range and want to run 11-12 of them at 1 amp youd go with a hlg600 1amp 52 volt. Theoretically its safer then people claim atleast the hlg's are. None of my boards see above 52 amps but I'm not sure on how that all works. I knew at one point but I'll be damned if I can remember lol

You add up (maybe this was the confusion, multiply could be better suited) current needs when connecting in parallel. Lets say you choose the required voltage and the current you want to run them at. Multiply the current with the total number of leds and you’ll get your amp needs. The voltage is a constant in this calculation. The 54v hlg600 is 11amps so i could run 10 easy with it.

Its electricity, no amount is safe. It can cause severe damage. 54v is enough to kill a person too.

F

FutureGrower

You add up (maybe this was the confusion, multiply could be better suited) current needs when connecting in parallel. Lets say you choose the required voltage and the current you want to run them at. Multiply the current with the total number of leds and you’ll get your amp needs. The voltage is a constant in this calculation. The 54v hlg600 is 11amps so i could run 10 easy with it.

Its electricity, no amount is safe. It can cause severe damage. 54v is enough to kill a person too.

I think we might be saying the same thing with different words I cant tel right now smoked a bit too much lol! I'll try to remember to read it a little more sober lol

F

FutureGrower

Here is where I am at. Apogee Light par meter to test numbers of fixtures I Build.
I am thinking of Using this driver to test 2 of them in parallel.
https://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=HLG-240H-C

This should suffice correct. if I run the 2 cobs at 2100ma then that should be cool right. My question is The chips i have run from 46v minimum with a typical being 52v and max being 56v max. If I run these chips in parallel on this driver will they blow The driver is rated for 119v max but 2 chips max would be 52x2 or does the driver only provide what the chip tells it it needs. OR to put another way do the chips share the voltage in parallel or does each chip receive its own constant voltage like it would its current or does it change.

https://www.amazon.com/Apogee-Spect...ocphy=9010378&hvtargid=pla-491562880467&psc=1

Man I apologize. I read through this properly. Yes you're completely correct constant voltage drivers only provide what the chips need. As long as the chips can take the voltage and wattage it will matchup with a meanwell. People run hlg 600's H's on 2 or 3 cobs even though I'm not sure that's the greatest idea. You can add to constant voltage setups super easy :).

F

FutureGrower

Each of those drivers will run 4 cobs at 1750 wired in series.

Holders are holders. If they fit they’re fine. If you’re getting pre drilled heatsinks then contacting the company would be better but they’ll probably sell you their shit which is fine just a little more pricey. Never got pre drilled.

Heatsinks should be rated for a wattage which would give a general idea. I couldn’t see it on the site. Maybe write them an email.

Wouldn’t take this calculation very seriously and always go with bigger dimensions than the minimum required ones but this helped me to decide on the absolute minimum volume of heatsink i needed.

https://celsiainc.com/heat-sink-size-calculator/

There was one calculator which included fin count and shape but couldn’t find it.

Ah I got confused I think he we t to CV drivers in parallel and i thought that's what you were also speaking about my mistake.

One note on the cob holders, for parallel you could probably use anything. But if you get into the big voltage drivers and you're wiring your cobs in series you need to make sure the holders can handle the total voltage.

Sorry for the confusing honestly I'm just in a lost world today :)

Top Bottom