Cmh In A 4x4 Tent

• Thread starter H2OPharmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H2OPharmer

H2OPharmer

I have a 4x4 Lighthouse tent that currently houses a 1K HPS in a Raptor hood. I do very well with this but I'm always looking for the next best thing. Hence my investigation in to CMH. The information out there is overwhelming. Everyone has there own opinion on these lights. That's understandable as everyones grow is different.

I have looked at several different setups and wanted to get some additional opinions.

Option 1: https://growershouse.com/ceramic-mh-315w-wing-reflector-package
Install 2 of these in the tent. I am assuming the wing will disperse light better than a closed hood. The low profile will allow me to keep the lights higher in tent.

Option 2: https://growershouse.com/sun-system-neutron-galaxy-315w-ceramic-mh-grow-light-package
This is a low profile hood. I can easily fit 2 into the tent and keep them high enough. The question is will 2 of these small hoods be able to disperse the light thoroughly in a 4x4?

Option 3: https://growershouse.com/sun-system-lec-ra-galaxy-315w-ceramic-mh-grow-light-package
This is the sun system light that started the CMH craze. Vertical is better! The height of this hood may make it tough to get the fixture high enough to prevent bleaching and burning.

If you had to decide, which route would you take? Disregard the cost. I'm just looking for the right solution. Would a single 630 fixture work better?

Thanks for your input!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Don' buy the pre-fab kits. It' more no why that you actually need to spend.

Grab 2x hoods of your choice, 2x mogul adapters, 2 cmh bulbs, 2 cmh ballasts. Hang, and reap the rewards.

H2OPharmer

H2OPharmer

Don' buy the pre-fab kits. It' more no why that you actually need to spend.

Grab 2x hoods of your choice, 2x mogul adapters, 2 cmh bulbs, 2 cmh ballasts. Hang, and reap the rewards.
The question is what hood should I use for my application?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

The 4x4 tent will limit hood sizes. Check sizes out online. You want to leave at least 2" in all sides to allow heat to rise and not be trapped at canopy level.

You may be able to get away with one of hose huge ass raptor xxl hoods with a dual mogul socket. 1 hood, 2 bulbs (4k and 3k), 2 ballasts, 2 adapters.

H2OPharmer

H2OPharmer

I went with 2 of the Low profile stealth systems. I like the hoods as they are shallow and will allow me to raise them a bit higher than the others. I also like the remote ballasts to help with the heat. I will be getting these on Tuesday. My tents are all in flower mode but one of them will chopped in a week or so. The new lights will go in that tent along with 4 DJ Short Blueberry. I am going to bend the crap out of them to try and fill the netting. I have a grow log going with these plants and I'll update as everything progresses.

Westie

Westie

I went with 2 of the Low profile stealth systems. I like the hoods as they are shallow and will allow me to raise them a bit higher than the others. I also like the remote ballasts to help with the heat. I will be getting these on Tuesday. My tents are all in flower mode but one of them will chopped in a week or so. The new lights will go in that tent along with 4 DJ Short Blueberry. I am going to bend the crap out of them to try and fill the netting. I have a grow log going with these plants and I'll update as everything progresses.
FYI. Each pull 370watts, according to my meter.

Rcubed

Rcubed

Too much radiant heat from a lonely 315cmh?
Yeah I'm running 2 in an 8x4 with no AC outside temps 72f and just one 6" Hurricane
IMG 20180330 164650
IMG 20180330 164453
IMG 20180330 165504

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run 4, all in a.c. hoods however. Temps never get above 83*. I'e been running cmh for 2 yrs now. Never experienced any issues. My veg room used to run 3 with no a.c. perfectly fine. 82* top temp. I now only run 2. All are in a.c. hoods.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I also forgot to mention.
My.flower room is sealed co2. And I have LOTS of air movement
My.veg room has intake and exhaust fans.
Lots of air movement as well

H2OPharmer

H2OPharmer

So I put the two low profile lights in the 4x4. I have a 6" Vortex inline fan and a 16" Oscillating fan in the tent. The tent is actually 2 degrees cooler than when I had the 1000 watt air cooled raptor in there.

Top Bottom