Co Late Summer Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter Wishbone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What was the nitrogen content of your Cal/Mag? When I had that problem I used Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra 4-0-0 and B-52 2-1-4 one time then continued with my my base nutes making sure something with a little more nitrogen was included. I can list my nutes for you but if you're growing organic most of them won't be much help to you.

I also had a short spurt where my girls dropped a bunch of fan leaves all at once. I would have thought it was something I did but my cousin's did the exact same thing at the same time and he's running an enturely different set of nutes.

I don't know what everyone's opinion is of using Garden Safe Insecticidal Soap during flower is but it's OMRI listed. It uses potassium salts of fatty acids 1% and worked as a foliar feed as well. Pretty cheap too. I used it during veg and my plants shot off for about a week. Didn't work enough to take care of two spot mites but they're much harder to kill than aphids. Ladybugs didn't do sh*t for mites. They just had an orgi and flew away. Tried it twice.

Wishbone

Wishbone

5 days now of this shit in the greenhouse, the girls seem to have stalled, not much growth really going on right now.

IMG 2436

Wishbone

Wishbone

Humidity and rain has subsided for the time being, snow and freezing temps are on the horizon. Should be able to handle the cold though in the greenhouse.

Came back from a week out of town to some amazing looking plants, the Stardawg are purply, frosty, dense and beautiful. The Blues have finally started getting a few red hairs and one of the Mob Boss is about ripe, I will let the other one go longer as it seems a bit further behind. I am concerned that the aphids have effected all of the blues and the one Mob that is further behind, going to monitor them closely.

SD

IMG 2447

IMG 2450

Blues

IMG 2449

MB

IMG 2448

Wishbone

Wishbone

I trimmed all the fan leaves from the Stardawg above and threw it in the garage for an extended nap, then it is getting cut Sunday morning. Going to rinse all of them based on some research I have done as well as input from @SmithsJunk Plan to chop the all of the Stardwags over the next week, one every few days to see what kind of different results I get with different harvest times. I got a scope this week as well, the one I threw in the garage looks to have all cloudy with very few amber trichs, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Humidity and rain has subsided for the time being, snow and freezing temps are on the horizon. Should be able to handle the cold though in the greenhouse.

Came back from a week out of town to some amazing looking plants, the Stardawg are purply, frosty, dense and beautiful. The Blues have finally started getting a few red hairs and one of the Mob Boss is about ripe, I will let the other one go longer as it seems a bit further behind. I am concerned that the aphids have effected all of the blues and the one Mob that is further behind, going to monitor them closely.

SD

View attachment 747984

View attachment 747988

Blues

View attachment 747987

MB

View attachment 747986

I trimmed all the fan leaves from the Stardawg above and threw it in the garage for an extended nap, then it is getting cut Sunday morning. Going to rinse all of them based on some research I have done as well as input from @SmithsJunk Plan to chop the all of the Stardwags over the next week, one every few days to see what kind of different results I get with different harvest times. I got a scope this week as well, the one I threw in the garage looks to have all cloudy with very few amber trichs, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

Your girls are beautiful. Chopping the fan leaves makes it soooo much easier to decide cuts. Being able to see everything is critical when you want to harvest multiple times.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Your girls are beautiful. Chopping the fan leaves makes it soooo much easier to decide cuts. Being able to see everything is critical when you want to harvest multiple times.

Thanks for the compliments! It is really interesting looking at the one full defoliated next to the others with all their clothes on still. Took forever to just do the one small plant, can't imagine how long yours are taking!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks for the compliments! It is really interesting looking at the one full defoliated next to the others with all their clothes on still. Took forever to just do the one small plant, can't imagine how long yours are taking!

You're very welcome.

Took me about 3 hrs for the biggest Creamsicle but I had to reach over and through a 5' plant while trying to do as little damage as possible (and got nowhere near all the fans done). I only had access to one side so I couldn't get to the sun side until they were harvested quite a bit. Im a trimmer so it's no biggie to me and trimming while the fans are firm is just plain fun. I usually enjoy trimming.

With most of the upper fan leaves removed...
20171005 173150

After the first harvest...
20171006 161040

I know you've probably already seen these but what I did is much clearer with them next to each other.

I mancured deep enough that I didnt have to do it again after the cut. Basically, I outlined my cut and followed the already manicured areas. It was a b*tch leaving those medium/large buds on to continue swelling.

The hardest part is working through my pain. If I sit in one place longer than a few minutes, it's an excruciating undertaking to get moving again.

Wishbone

Wishbone

You're very welcome.

Took me about 3 hrs for the biggest Creamsicle but I had to reach over and through a 5' plant while trying to do as little damage as possible (and got nowhere near all the fans done). I only had access to one side so I couldn't get to the sun side until they were harvested quite a bit. Im a trimmer so it's no biggie to me and trimming while the fans are firm is just plain fun. I usually enjoy trimming.

With most of the upper fan leaves removed...
View attachment 748054

After the first harvest...
View attachment 748055
I know you've probably already seen these but what I did is much clearer with them next to each other.

I mancured deep enough that I didnt have to do it again after the cut. Basically, I outlined my cut and followed the already manicured areas. It was a b*tch leaving those medium/large buds on to continue swelling.

The hardest part is working through my pain. If I sit in one place longer than a few minutes, it's an excruciating undertaking to get moving again.

Outdoor problems LOL, good problems to have.

I also realized I never replied to you qu stink about my calmag, I ran out and don't have a bottle to look at at the time. It actually has no NPK, just cal and mag, which I see as a nice feature so that you can really limit your N at the end of flower. Next year I will need to pay more attention to where I am at in flower and when to apply the different nutes. All part of the learning process, which is part of the fun. I do hope to get a good soil going and use minimal bottled nutes for the outdoor season. I am going to try to run some autos in the greenhouse in the spring and will probably bottle feed them.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Chopped one of the Stardawg today! Hanging in the closet, also pulled a branch each of the blueberry and Mob Boss for good measure lol. One of the mobs will be coming down in the next few days and the blues and other mob maybe next weekendish, still have some swelling to do.

Another Stardawg pre trimmed to come down in a few days.
IMG 2487

Stardawg
IMG 2488
IMG 2489

Mob boss
IMG 2490

Wishbone

Wishbone

Snow melted, plants got chopped, all four Stardawgs and one Mob boss. Ended up with about 90 grams per plant so far with two Stardawg plants and the one Mob in jars. They dried a bit faster than I had hoped, making a few adjustments to the next set of plants in the closet.

Colors on the last two Stardawg were amazing, no green leaves left on the plant, just dark purples, orange red and yellow. Found a few seeds from them, will demifitely pop a few of the for next season.

IMG 2497
IMG 2498
IMG 2499
IMG 2500
IMG 2501
IMG 2502
IMG 2503
IMG 2504
IMG 2507

Wishbone

Wishbone

Leaving the blues in until the weekend, and the one Mob that is progressing much slower than the one I harvested, starting to question if they were cut from the same plant, they look very different.

Top Bottom