Co2 Leak Need Advice.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I run my grow in my garage and designed it to be air tight so that I could run CO2.
After i ran my co2 I quickly realized my garage was not air tight as i ran out of co2 almost weekly. using 8 bottles a week instead of just the 1 bottle that should last 8 wks. I'm kinda of trapped as my system is meant to run with as i only have an emerge air vent. gotta keep the smell in...
So if anyone has done this or any good suggestions on how best to air seal a garage door from the inside and a side door as well needs resealing.
doesn't need to be pretty.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I like to use 6mil contractors black plastic and 3m had flex tape. I can build grow rooms out of just those 2 items.

Not sure how your room(s) are built. If it's a built room or tent in a garage, I would use the plastic (above), amd cover the grow rooms (walls/roof), overlapping seams by 2' and using tape to secure it. I always overlap 2' and triple tape the seams. I've made tents 90%+ air tight for co2 use this way in the past.

Expanding foam works great. They make 3 versions, super gap fill, light fill, medium fill. Caulk, and tape any and all leaky seams.

My flower room is a semi-sealed room inside a slightly bigger room. I use 1 20# tank every 6 days. 5 days during summer when my a.c. runs more. I do use a portable a.c. that uses the co2 enriched air. Until I mod a window unit in a month.

Top Bottom